+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Seven Year Switch

Seven Year Switch

Is anybody watching this? Want to make any predictions before the finale next week?

I dont want to put any money where my mouth is . but I thought we should have just a tiny little thread, at least for two weeks.

Rachel and CW -- Danielle and Eric
    Leah and Neal -- Alesha and Houston

I think Danielle and Eric stand the best chance of survival.
    I also think they could switch partners with each other and all be very happy.
    Aleshia did a great job in the spirit of improvement; she seemed a gentle soul, like Danielle.
    Leah jeeze, lady, grab some humility and empathy. I agree with much of what she says but I dont always want to. The rest of the threesome seemed to be on reasonable paths.
    I sorta hope Neal moves on.

All in all, the premise of this show has turned out pretty well, imho. Id watch another season, and Id be interested in an update on this one.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Seven Year Switch

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    Is anybody watching this? Want to make any predictions before the finale next week?
    I dont want to put any money where my mouth is . but I thought we should have just a tiny little thread, at least for two weeks.
    Rachel and CW -- Danielle and Eric
    Leah and Neal -- Alesha and Houston

I think Danielle and Eric stand the best chance of survival.
    I also think they could switch partners with each other and all be very happy.
    Aleshia did a great job in the spirit of improvement; she seemed a gentle soul, like Danielle.
    Leah jeeze, lady, grab some humility and empathy. I agree with much of what she says but I dont always want to. The rest of the threesome seemed to be on reasonable paths.
    I sorta hope Neal moves on.

All in all, the premise of this show has turned out pretty well, imho. Id watch another season, and Id be interested in an update on this one.
    I'm watching, KT, and really enjoying the show more and more with each episode. It's an interesting experiment and a very intriguing show. I didn't expect that, and I was very doubtful the 1st and 2nd episode, but after that, it really started to come together, and I'm glad I'm watching!

From the beginning I have always felt that Houston was just not that interested in his marriage, and took advantage of it by pretty much ignoring Aleshia and taking her for granted. I don't think she'll let that happen any more.

I agree about Leah -- but she didn't seem to be getting what she needed from Neal, so she looked elsewhere. She seems to be a very strong woman who will have it her way or no way. I don't think she really wants to stay with Neal any more, and he doesn't seem to want to stay with her either.

I have really mixed feelings about both Rachel/Eric and Danielle/CJ. Such mixed-matched couples. They each seem to love their spouse, but they're on totally different pages with each other, as far as their needs and priorities.

I think this last episode was the most real and deep for the couples (and for me, as a viewer). I can easily see Neal and Aleshia leaving their spouses and coming together as a couple -- and I kinda felt as if they were feeling it too. In fact, I think they were kind of feeling each other out about that when they were on their hillside hike together --- but it seemed that neither one of them really wanted to actually say those words. (And by the way, did you notice that during Neal's meeting with Houston, Houston actually picked up on Neal's attraction to Aleshia?)

I don't think CJ/Rachel or Danielle/Eric will actually leave their marriage, but I could definitely see that all 4 of them felt a really strong connection, this episode, with the other's spouse.

So, I agree KT, I definitely want an update on what happens in the future, and I would watch another season as well.
    KTinCT likes this.

I love this show. I really like Rachel and I thought I liked CW UNTIL THE PREVIEWS of him flat out lying about drinking and being so dismissive of poor Rachel. Grrr.
    Danielle comes across to me as a mean girl. I don't know what she hoped to accomplish by taunting Rachel with her connection with CW and I didn't like her insinuating that participating in an exercise designed by the therapist was as hurtful as willfully breaking an agreement. I have liked Eric throughout the show, but I can also see why it would be frustrating to live with him.

I think the best of the bunch is definitely aleshia. I can't think of any thing she does wrong other than let her husband get by with disrespecting her. Houston isn't as bad as I thought initially when you consider his motivation is ambition and they do live in Vegas....

At first I was thinking Neal was perfect and Leah was in the wrong but now I see how his subtle untruths and revisionist history could definitely drive her to someone else. He's adorable and so polite and soft spoken that you want to go back and watch and make sure you're not crazy for thinking he is talking out of both sides of his mouth, but sure enough, he is. I'm not sure what kind of therapy could help with that.

I'm glad someone started a thread for this. I've looked several times trying to see if anyone else sees these people the same way I do.

Sent from my LG-AS990 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sugargoose; 08-17-2015 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Grammar
    KTinCT and Imperfect1 like this.

It wasn't just misleading PREVIEWS: CW really did flat out lie to Rachel and dismiss her thoughts. Why did she ever marry someone like that?

Sent from my LG-AS990 using Tapatalk

Just watched my DVR'd. Everything was going great, I was lovin' on all the reunions. And then CW lied!

I liked the Leah/Neal praying over the bed together, but I sure hope there was some lusting for balance. I didn't see any. Did you guys? Then I wonder if he was born into a life of kneeling. (See what I did there?)

Leah with counselors - body language all closed off (crossed arms and legs - away from him). Neal slightly closed - protecting an open groin. Not looking good to me.

Previews are promotional and I'm not falling for the edits. Just extremely interested --- still.

And let me say again --- C.W. lied! I had hope there - not so sure now.
    aramcobrat likes this.

I did not like the general premise of this show, so I had no plans to watch it. But then I came across this thread, read it, and decided I might try to catch an episode or two. So I did watch this last episode, but that's all I've seen. I did appreciate reading about the couples ahead of time here on Fort, though.

My overall impression is:
    - There's no way Leah and Neal stay together. They don't want to be together, their body language is closed, and it's probably not for the best for either of them.
    - I hate that CW lied about the drinking - does he not realize this is all being filmed and she will see the truth when she watches the show??
    - Even though I don't like CW's lying, I still get a weird vibe from Rachel. Passive and hurt, probably, although of course, my only information on them is from the "flashbacks". But there's something else that makes me feel uncomfortable, and I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps it's just that they aren't really a good fit, so when seeing them together, something just feels off.
    - I hope that Aleisha does not stay with Houston. He really doesn't seem into the relationship, or else he's just not ready to be in a "real" relationship.
    - Danielle and Eric have a chance of working, but again, they seem like they aren't on the same page when it comes to life. They may really like/love each other, but in terms of creating a life together, ultimately you need more to really make it for the long run.
    KTinCT likes this.

Finale next Tuesday is TWO hours - "Accepting the Truth." Can't wait to see what happened.
    aramcobrat likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat View Post
    My overall impression is:
    - There's no way Leah and Neal stay together. They don't want to be together, their body language is closed, and it's probably not for the best for either of them.
    - I hate that CW lied about the drinking - does he not realize this is all being filmed and she will see the truth when she watches the show??
    - Even though I don't like CW's lying, I still get a weird vibe from Rachel. Passive and hurt, probably, although of course, my only information on them is from the "flashbacks". But there's something else that makes me feel uncomfortable, and I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps it's just that they aren't really a good fit, so when seeing them together, something just feels off.
    - I hope that Aleisha does not stay with Houston. He really doesn't seem into the relationship, or else he's just not ready to be in a "real" relationship.
    - Danielle and Eric have a chance of working, but again, they seem like they aren't on the same page when it comes to life. They may really like/love each other, but in terms of creating a life together, ultimately you need more to really make it for the long run.
    I agree about Leah and Neal. They're no longer interested in each other at all. I applaud them for trying one last attempt at saving their marriage (by coming on this show). But to me, neither of them made any real effort toward rekindling their marriage. And I still think that Neal will contact Aleshia and try to have a relationship with her.

I think that Aleshia and Houston won't stay together either, although I wouldn't be surprised if Aleshia sincerely tries to save the marriage - but I doubt that Houston will make any meaningful changes. After they split up, I definitely see Aleshia being receptive to some kind of a relationship with Neal. And I think they'd probably be very happy together!

As far as CW/Rachel and Danielle/Eric are concerned --- Jeez, both couples are such misfits with each other. I do think both couples will stay together in the short run, but I don't hold out much hope for longevity with either of them. CW's lying about drinking wine (multiple times) with Danielle (especially after Rachel sees the show!!!) will very likely open up a Pandora's Box of problems for them, starting with some serious trust issues. And I think that eventually, Eric's lackadaisical way of life just won't satisfy Danielle. I don't think any of these 4 people had any romantic interest in the other's spouse, but I don't think they'll be able to make it work, long term. with their own spouse.
    aramcobrat and KTinCT like this.

Well, I was trying to post a little spoiler here, in spoiler tags, but it didn't work.
    It's a brand new "article" from People Magazine.
    If you're interested, just Google the show name. It's about Aleisha and Houston.

^^^
    Will definitely check it out ... AFTER tonight's show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast