+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AcookerTV
  • 2 Post By Lizard

Thread: Mother Funders (Bravo)

FORT Fogey

Mother Funders (Bravo)

Is anyone else watching this show? I just discovered it over the weekend and I'm hooked! I can't believe I let 5 episodes pass me by before I discovered the hilarious drama!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Mother Funders (Bravo)

I guess I must not have any sense of humor. To me, the show seems more like a scripted satire of reality tv than actually being real. I'm not a fan of satire or skit comedy, but to me, this show is like an SNL episode consisting of over-the-top skits about reality tv. Sort of like Bravo's new scripted series 'Odd Mom Out' which is a little over-the-top, but it's scripted, so we know it's not real, and not pretending to be real. To me, the show was just too corny (without anything to redeem the corny-ness --- if that makes any sense). I'm a big fan of Bravo tv, but this show. . . not so much.

FORT Fogey

I would agree with you that the women each came into it knowing they had a "role" to play, and I think they are given as many challenges and activities to do to advance the action as most other Bravo shows. I enjoy it because in a less exaggerated way, I see the qualities the women who in many of the moms I know. I guess I enjoy seeing the silliness put out there to laugh at.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

It is like Dance Moms II--obnoxious moms
    Imperfect1 and AcookerTV like this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

+ Reply to Thread