+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: I Am Jazz

Re: I Am Jazz

I'm currently reading her biography and its obvious she knew from her earliest memories that she is female. Its a really good book.
    Imperfect1 and navybelle like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Not trying to stir the pot but what also determines male and female is chromosomes. Females have the XX chromosome and males XY. You can't change chromosomes so how does that play in?

ETA: I looked it up, too complicated for me! lol, I'm out!
    Last edited by karna68; 06-09-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Not trying to stir the pot but what also determines male and female is chromosomes. Females have the XX chromosome and males XY. You can't change chromosomes so how does that play in?

ETA: I looked it up, too complicated for me! lol, I'm out!
    It definitely IS a very complicated issue --- one that won't be solved for a very long time to come, and one that will probably never satisfy everyone. But meanwhile, it would really be nice if those people who are transgendered could be treated humanely, with dignity and respect, and not be treated as pariahs. From what I've seen, they're just trying to live their own lives the best they can --- and they're not out to maliciously hurt anyone.
    Punkin, karna68 and Maveno like this.

FORT Fogey

"Not trying to stir the pot but what also determines male and female is chromosomes. Females have the XX chromosome and males XY. You can't change chromosomes so how does that play in?"

I think the error in logic here is that if you'd don't - based on logic - agree that this is a thing, you're somehow being hateful, bigoted, discriminatory, or - at best - ignorant. This a fairly well-known and widely practiced method of silencing anyone who may disagree. Let me state: I don't hate anyone. In fact, I like Jazz; intelligent and engaging. I'm simply saying that Jazz is biologically, chromosomally, hormonally, physiologically, anatomically, and in every other way a male who clearly sincerely believes that the gender is a mistake and is actively taking measures to become more female. That's simply a fact. I also think the mother has her own agenda, but that's simply an opinion. Does it personally affect me? No, but I'm entitled to an opinion, or at least I think I am. Watchers can take it from there!
    Last edited by sketcher; 06-09-2016 at 06:39 PM.

It doesn't matter to me whether she's a girl or a boy, I just wish she'd wax or shave her mustache! I hope she has the "bottom" surgery so people will stop harping on the fact that she has a penis and that makes her a boy.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

That isn't ALL that makes Jazz a boy; sigh. And Jazz has stated that she isn't sure she want's "that" surgery (the progesterone implant in the arm is what's coming up; yes, I watched it). Those three siblings at home all sure look alike, don't they? The older sister, a little less pronounced. I wonder what ethnicity the parents are? In many cultures, a faint "moustache" on a female is considered attractive or at least not unattractive. Not sure trotting Jazz out on the book signing/culture training circuit is doing her (and I will say "her" so as not to stir the pot) a lot of good; despite getting her transition, which is supposedly all that's saving her from suicide (according to the mother), she doesn't seem to be doing too well emotionally or psychologically. "Happy pills" starting in sixth grade? I don't think SSRI antidepressants are really approved for use in children. With all the talk about the cost and being unable to afford it (supposedly), I wonder if the family isn't online trolling for donations. I remember Kate Gosselin and the other mother -- actually, more the father -- of multiples complaining about the cost of things on their TLC shows, and viewers responded accordingly, sending money/gifts.
    Last edited by sketcher; 06-10-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    That isn't ALL that makes Jazz a boy; sigh. And Jazz has stated that she isn't sure she want's "that" surgery (the progesterone implant in the arm is what's coming up; yes, I watched it). Those three siblings at home all sure look alike, don't they? The older sister, a little less pronounced. I wonder what ethnicity the parents are? In many cultures, a faint "moustache" on a female is considered attractive or at least not unattractive. Not sure trotting Jazz out on the book signing/culture training circuit is doing her (and I will say "her" so as not to stir the pot) a lot of good; despite getting her transition, which is supposedly all that's saving her from suicide (according to the mother), she doesn't seem to be doing too well emotionally or psychologically. "Happy pills" starting in sixth grade? I don't think SSRI antidepressants are really approved for use in children. With all the talk about the cost and being unable to afford it (supposedly), I wonder if the family isn't online trolling for donations. I remember Kate Gosselin and the other mother -- actually, more the father -- of multiples complaining about the cost of things on their TLC shows, and viewers responded accordingly, sending money/gifts.
    Their family is Jewish.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

That a religion; not an ethnicity or nationality. I meant what is their ancestry (like I am French and Italian, yet American).

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    So-called experts aside, if "she" weren't a biological male, "she" wouldn't have to take male hormone (androgen) blocking drugs to prevent male puberty and then female hormone (estrogen) drugs to promote female development. Not to even mention requiring surgery to remove male parts and add female parts. But at any rate!
    Sometimes knowledge is our friend. When people say they've always felt they were born in the wrong body, why not just believe them?
    Punkin, Moontat and Imperfect1 like this.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." George Orwell

FORT Fogey

I believe that they believe that. I believe they, for whatever reason, wish fervently to be the opposite gender. However, I personally don't believe that the anatomy, physiology, chromosomes, hormones, and chemistry can all be male, yet the brain female. I believe the 'evidence' is based on junk science. But we're all free to believe what we believe. Obviously!

+ Reply to Thread