+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: I Am Jazz

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: I Am Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    How is "she" anatomically and physiologically a girl, or are we just dismissing the dual sciences of anatomy and physiology altogether now? It's so hard to keep up...
    I think I (finally) understand it -- so maybe I can explain it this way:

The scientists are saying that we derive our gender in at least 3 (or more) ways.

1. The 1st, and most obvious way is what sexual organs we are born with.
    2. The 2nd way is found in the DIFFERENCES between a MALE person's brain and a FEMALE person's BRAIN.
    3. The 3rd way is determined by how we see ourselves --- i.e. Do we feel like we are a girl or do we feel like we are a boy.

Many transgendered people have now been medically tested (including brain scans) and it seems that even when some boys (for example) "present as male" (meaning they are born with male genitalia), their BRAINS are the brains of a FEMALE. Plus, they see themselves and have always seen themselves as female. (In many cases (as in Jazz's case) they have seen themselves as a girl as long as they can remember, sometimes as young as one or two years old.)

So yes, Jazz may still be 'anatomically' a male, but if her brain is anatomically female and if she feels she is a female, that is considered to be sufficient to actually make her female.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-07-2016 at 02:58 PM.
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Really? Can you tell me how a female brain on an MRI differs from a male brain? Because I'm not aware of any such difference.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Really? Can you tell me how a female brain on an MRI differs from a male brain? Because I'm not aware of any such difference.
    Here are just a few scientific articles and a YouTube video explaining it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsbtQ2-kUwA

TransGenderCare.com : Medical/Hormonal :* Sex Difference in the Human Brain

Is There Something Unique about the Transgender Brain? - Scientific American

https://www.newscientist.com/article...on-brain-scan/

When Brains Reveal the Truth About Transsexuals - WSJ

FORT Fogey

Assuming there's any validity to it (you can't believe everything you read on the internet), I still maintain that she's a "boy" until she's anatomically a "girl." YMMV.

Since this thread is getting more traffic....As with homophobia and racism, we consider transphobia to be outside our rules about reality tv participants being fair game for all comments. Just as when Chaz Bono was on DWTS, we will not put up with posters referring to Jazz (or Caitlyn or any other trans person) as "it" or by the gender they don't identify as. This means, calling Jazz "he" isn't going to fly and we will delete those posts.

If you don't understand this very complex issue, the good news is that you're on a device connected to the internet and Google knows everything. This is a perfect opportunity to learn something. We don't care if posters don't understand this issue, but we do expect ALL posters to be respectful and sensitive about it. This isn't the place to bash trans people.

I'll also reiterate our "beating a dead horse" rule. State your opinion and move on.
    Punkin, libgirl2 and Imperfect1 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Though one really not need to Google the subject since some very good links were posted in this thread by Imperfect and others for edification if one were inclined. For the confused, information is out there. Confusion can turn into understanding and acceptance if our minds are open to it.
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.
    Lynda

FORT Fogey

I see that the PC police have entered the picture here, censoring and silencing. I simply don't buy the whole transgender thing, and that's my prerogative. But since I won't be watching the show anyway, there's no need for me to post further.

Someone needs to explain to sketcher what a moderator is.
    libgirl2 and Imperfect1 like this.
    Lynda

FORT Fogey

I defer to the moderator.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I see that the PC police have entered the picture here, censoring and silencing. I simply don't buy the whole transgender thing, and that's my prerogative. But since I won't be watching the show anyway, there's no need for me to post further.
    I understand that everyone has their own opinions about [whatever]. But, my question is, why even care about something that does NOT affect your life one iota?

There are people who live their lives in BDSM, as babies, as fairies, as recluses, obese, racists, vegetarians, constantly angry, some people drink their own pee.......... It's NOT my journey, so who am I to judge? Is there something about Jazz's life that is affecting you, personally?
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread