+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree275Likes

Thread: I Am Jazz

Re: I Am Jazz

It is fact for her, it is her reality. Can you imagine what it must feel like to know who you are, yet your outer exterior doesn't match? No one is beating anyone over the head with anything (I find that a strange choice of words), people can change that channel any time they want. She is presenting her reality. My opinion is that someone being so offended or irritated that they feel the need to insist on scientific anatomy instead of the whole being of a person says more about the offended than Jazz or any other transgender human being.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    It's not a fantasy she is presenting- it's who she is and she's trying to live her authentic life. I'll never understand why that would irritate or threaten anyone.
    Yeah, that ^^^^.
    tapper01 likes this.

Is Jazz's doctor in the new commercial (where the MD tells her she needs to lose 30 lbs. before she can have surgery) transgender herself?
    Just wondering.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Is Jazz's doctor in the new commercial (where the MD tells her she needs to lose 30 lbs. before she can have surgery) transgender herself?
    Just wondering.
    Yes; probably why they chose that one! So it looks like this season Jazz has a ravenous appetite (like a teenage boy) and is growing fast (like a teenage boy) and likes a girl (like a teenage boy). Hmmm... It's my opinion that maybe she was a little pushed into this by a mother who got the idea into her head (maybe thanks to that aunt), and it maybe it's just not fitting like a well-formed suit as she gets older... Hence the depression?

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Yes; probably why they chose that one! So it looks like this season Jazz has a ravenous appetite (like a teenage boy) and is growing fast (like a teenage boy) and likes a girl (like a teenage boy). Hmmm... It's my opinion that maybe she was a little pushed into this by a mother who got the idea into her head (maybe thanks to that aunt), and it maybe it's just not fitting like a well-formed suit as she gets older... Hence the depression?
    Sexual preference is completely different than gender identity. Teenage girls also grow fast, can have ravenous appetites and get crushes. Jazz does not present as someone being pushed into anything, she presents as a normal angsty teenage girl.
    Kao, momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.

This show has been on the air for several years and we've discussed this before, but we're not doing the "Jazz is a boy" thing again. Jazz identifies as a girl, her doctors support that. The end. Just as we don't allow homophobic talk about how conversion therapy is what is needed or how people choose their sexuality, we're not allowing any further transphobic talk about Jazz NOT being a girl. There are plenty of sites that probably allow that. This isn't one of them. If the medical community accepts it, we do too and it's not up for debate.

THE END.

I actually stopped watching this show because it broke my heart to see narrow minded and horrid adults saying ugly things about a child. Whether they understand gender identify or not, it comes down to the fact that a) it's none of their business and b) they're speaking to and about a child. The horrifying lack of empathy and simple human decency is just too much for me.
    waywyrd, Kao, libgirl2 and 5 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm learning from this show.
    It is a world I would know nothing of if it were not for this.
    It expands my field of empathy and I'm grateful for that.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

Since Bruce underwent his surgery, I looked it up online. It totally makes sense about Jazz not having enough penis skin to make a vagina. Was anyone aware of what they have to do to their new vagina to keep it "open?" I didn't...sure do now.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

I had never heard the term "dilate" used that way before I heard it on Jazz. But I didn't have to google the procedure to know what they meant. If you look at anatomical diagrams of a male's genitals, the cavity is already there, the surgery just creates the opening. And to keep it from growing back up, they have to use something to keep it open, just like a piercing will grow up if not held open by an earring.
    KTinCT and Imperfect1 like this.

Ouch.

It's a huge procedure for someone to go through at any age. Jazz is young. So I understand her dads concern. Especially with Jazz's emotional state. I'm concerned about her eating habits right now too. That drawer of fast food wrappers was alarming.
    karna68, KTinCT and Imperfect1 like this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread