+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 182
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: I Am Jazz

  1. #161
    FORT Fogey harleyswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    908

    Re: I Am Jazz

    Ummm, I'm not just singling out certain groups. I've met a lot of people claiming to be "Christian" and they're all judgmental jerks. And before you say it, you're about to prove my point by judging me for what I just said...case closed!

  2. #162
    FORT Wanderer RealityRealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EARTH the Reality Show
    Posts
    2,923

    Re: I Am Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    That's what I hate about so called Christians. They say not to judge, but they're the most judgemental people ever.
    Your post makes it sound like you are making a blanket statement about all Christians being judgmental. I am going to assume that is not what you meant. I too find it very annoying when I come across people who profess to be devout religious Christians who in fact do not live in a kind, non judgmental and caring manner as I personally believe Jesus did and wanted us to. But that is not all Christians, just a small skewed group and I agree the duggars and the westboro church are great examples of that small skewed group who do not represent or honor Christianity. Much like the vast majority of Muslims do not embrace terrorism or other extremist views. And before anyone gets offended- yes it's exactly the same thing.

  3. #163
    FORT Wanderer RealityRealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EARTH the Reality Show
    Posts
    2,923

    Re: I Am Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    Ummm, I'm not just singling out certain groups. I've met a lot of people claiming to be "Christian" and they're all judgmental jerks. And before you say it, you're about to prove my point by judging me for what I just said...case closed!
    You are singling out certain groups if you are saying ALL Christians are judgmental jerks. Again, I am going to assume that isn't what you meant. I hope I'm right in that assumption.
    AZChristian and Phart Blossom like this.

  4. #164
    FORT Fogey harleyswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    908

    Re: I Am Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    You are singling out certain groups if you are saying ALL Christians are judgmental jerks. Again, I am going to assume that isn't what you meant. I hope I'm right in that assumption.
    Well, I haven't met All Christians, but all the ones I've met are Jerks! Makes me glad to be an Atheist.

  5. #165
    FORT Wanderer RealityRealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EARTH the Reality Show
    Posts
    2,923

    Re: I Am Jazz

    Apparently I was wrong. Oh well

  6. #166
    FORT Fanatic woodiedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    468

    Re: I Am Jazz

    I met Al Christian, he was a nice guy. 😁

    Iím not going to let these anti Christian sentiments ruin my day.

    Blessings. 💗💗

  7. #167
    FORT Wanderer RealityRealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EARTH the Reality Show
    Posts
    2,923

    Re: I Am Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    I met Al Christian, he was a nice guy. ��

    I’m not going to let these anti Christian sentiments ruin my day.

    Blessings. ����
    I hear Christian Slater is super nice too, plus he's so cute!!!!
    AZChristian and woodiedog like this.

  8. #168
    Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,453

    Re: I Am Jazz

    Hey - I'm feeling left out. People on this board have met me - AZChristian - in real life and will vouch for the fact that I'm pretty nice, too!
    Punkin, JLuvs, libgirl2 and 3 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

  9. #169
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    6,430

    Re: I Am Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Hey - I'm feeling left out. People on this board have met me - AZChristian - in real life and will vouch for the fact that I'm pretty nice, too!
    That you are my friend! I think Iím a fairly non-judgy Christian too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

  10. #170
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    49
    Posts
    21,463

    Re: I Am Jazz

    Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    Ummm, I'm not just singling out certain groups. I've met a lot of people claiming to be "Christian" and they're all judgmental jerks. And before you say it, you're about to prove my point by judging me for what I just said...case closed!
    I totally got what you were saying. It seems that the people who are the most vocally Christian are the least Christlike. There are those people who wear the badge of "Christian" believing that that ALONE makes them a better person. There's a reason that the judgmental, horrid church lady is a cliche. IMO, ACTIONS and how you treat people are what make you a good person. I know lots of wonderful people who are Christians, but I make sure to avoid the terrible people who think going to church every Sunday gives them a free pass to be a jerk. It seems that so many people, particularly in this country, who consider themselves Christian are anything but.

    I'm constantly horrified at what grown adults will say to Jazz, a child. I dearly hope that they don't have children because no child should grow up with a parent that cruel and ugly.

    I've pretty much stopped watching this show because my heart can't take the ugly, nasty things people say to that sweet girl.
    waywyrd and Imperfect1 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.