+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: I Am Jazz

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: I Am Jazz

Also from wikipedia: Cisgender has its origin in the Latin-derived prefix cis-, meaning "on this side of", which is an antonym for the Latin-derived prefix trans-, meaning "across from" or "on the other side of".

In other words, cis is the opposite of trans.
    I'm Paula.

Awww, I wish she had showed more interest in Alex. He sure poured his heart out to her.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'm not getting how she doesn't know her sexual orientation at 15 going on 16 -- yet "dated" a boy in the fifth grade. Or maybe she just doesn't want to say. Anyone have a feeling she may end up with her (now seemingly) best friend? For whatever reason, these seem like some very confused kids to me!

It was a bit worrisome that she seemed to be echoing some of Whitney Way Thore's "No Body-Shaming" rhetoric when it came to eschewing the numbers on the scale and just eating whatever makes her happy. Not that Jazz needs to worry about her weight at this point, but just interesting that she's picking up on that.

I notice that the family sure spends a lot of money all the time! Always eating out, having mani/pedis, going golfing... What does the father do for a living (I know Jeanette doesn't work), and isn't that an affluent area?

(No, I'm not stalking them, LOL...)

I haven't watched it lately. I have seen the previews. I don't buy her claim that she doesn't know her sexual orientation either, though, I get why she may not want to go there for tv. And that's okay.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

There's so much confusion these days about all of the GENDER issues, and what being transgender REALLY means, so I wanted to let you all know that there's a VERY INFORMATIVE and fascinating documentary that explains ALL of the medical and psychological gender (and transgender) issues.

For all of us who have so many unanswered questions and confusion about what is really happening in the minds and bodies of people with gender issues, the film really does a good job of making it all very clear.

The film is hosted by Katie Couric, and the title is "Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric - National Geographic Channel" and it's being shown again on NGC (National Geographic Channel) on Friday evening (February 10th) and Monday evening (February 13th).

Or, you can watch it on line on the NGC website:
    Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric - Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric Video - National Geographic Channel

PS If it's okay, I'm going to post this in the "I Am Cait - Caitlyn Jenner" thread, as well, cause both of these shows deal primarily with gender issues.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

GOOD FOR TLC!!! - TLC SUPPORTS "I AM JAZZ" (JAZZ JENNINGS) AGAINST TRANSPHOBIC REMARKS MADE BY "COUNTING ON" CAST MEMBER, DERICK DILLARD (HUSBAND OF JILL DUGGAR)

TLC cuts all ties with Derick Dillard after more transphobic comments against Jazz Jennings | Fox News
    Critical and mika06 like this.

I am so happy to read this ^^^^^!
    Thanks for posting!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I'm so glad they fired him. She's not hurting him in any way, she's just trying to live her life. That's what I hate about so called Christians. They say not to judge, but they're the most judgemental people ever. He needs to mind his own business and leave Jazz alone.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    I'm so glad they fired him. She's not hurting him in any way, she's just trying to live her life. That's what I hate about so called Christians. They say not to judge, but they're the most judgemental people ever. He needs to mind his own business and leave Jazz alone.
    Please note: We are NOT all judgmental. It's kind of judgmental to think that.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Please note: We are NOT all judgmental. It's kind of judgmental to think that.
    Yes, and it bothers me that so many non Christians think that groups like the Duggars or that awful group that protests at funerals (can't remember them right now) are representative of all Christians as a whole.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread