• 2 Post By Jax
  • 2 Post By ness
  • 1 Post By Jax
  • 1 Post By justCoz
  • 2 Post By mom2

Thread: Skin Wars - GSN

Skin Wars - GSN

GSNTV / Skin Wars - Wednesdays @ 9PM ET

Television’s first-ever body painting competition show and GSN’s most watched original series ever, SKIN WARS seeks to find the most skillful, accomplished and versatile body painter in America. In its second season, twelve contestants will compete in elaborate body painting challenges to avoid elimination and win over the approval of judges, including legendary entertainer RuPaul Charles and body painting icons Craig Tracy and Robin Slonina.

The winner of SKIN WARS season two will receive a $100,000 cash prize, an all-expense paid trip for two to the World Body Painting Festival in Austria, and a nationally-distributed Royal and Langnickel custom brush collection with their name on it. Natalie Fletcher of Bend, Oregon, was named the series’ first winner in season 1.

SKIN WARS is executive produced by Michael Levitt of Michael Levitt Productions (“Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List,” “Ask Oprah’s All Stars,” “Billboard Music Awards”), Jill Goularte, Colleen Sands and Rebecca Romijn. Craig Tracy and Robin Slonina serve as producers.
    I'm starting to get interested in this show, not because I'm into body painting, but because RuPaul is a judge. And last week they had a challenge featuring drag queens from various seasons of Drag Race, which drew me in.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Skin Wars - GSN

I LOVE Ru!

I stumbled up on this COMPLETELY by accident, and was absolutely THRILLED when I found out Ru was one of the regular judges.

He is SO smart and knowledgeable. His critiques are on point, and they REALLY nailed it when they chose him to judge.

BESIDES the body painting, I'm hooked on this show just because he's present and accounted for.

Yep.

I'm hooked.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Jax

This is the second year for this show. We talked about it briefly over in the Ink Master thread, so I am glad to see a thread for it.

I love watching these talented artists do amazing things with paint!
    "The poster formerly known as jaytwo" - per pikachu
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:
    Jax Of All Trades With The Cutest Avatar Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    This is the second year for this show. We talked about it briefly over in the Ink Master thread, so I am glad to see a thread for it.

I love watching these talented artists do amazing things with paint!
    They ARE wonderful!

I am SO glad Fernello's ass FINALLY got booted!

Now, I'm just waiting on Cheryl Ann to hit the bricks.

Problem is, though, seems like most of 'em in the house don't care for her (WITH reason!).

So, with the way that particular worm usually turns, she'll probably be like Athlete's Foot and hang around for awhile!
    mayamaisha and Jax like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Jax

Oh gawd, Cheryl Ann.........yeah, she can go home any time now. Gets on my last nerve.
    ness and mayamaisha like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Oh gawd, Cheryl Ann.........yeah, she can go home any time now. Gets on my last nerve.
    Mine, too.

I just DESPISED the way she talked/talked down to Dawn Marie when they were teamed.

That woman REALLY thinks she's the $#!+.

Just like Rio said about Fernello, she can keep right on going the way she's going. Sooner, or later, she's gonna blow herself clean out of the water.

I just hope it's SOONER.

I like Rio and the humor he infuses his work with. Lana? Wow. She's a good artist and seems to me to be a nice person, as well. Avi? Like him and his work, too. Didn't know about that dragon he did during the chess piece challenge, but Buddy made it so interesting, they kept him around.

So THAT counts for something.

Jax

Oh yes, when she called Dawn Marie her assistant? That really showed her true colors. Good on Dawn for not overreacting to that, some contestants would not have been that gracious.

I am thinking that Avi has a good chance of winning this. But there is still time for others to get more comfortable and win it also. But it helps that Avi is good and also likeable. I can stand most of them, just not that Cheryl Ann. Right from the start she was all braggy and conceited. And while she is a decent artist, they all are, she really is not ALL THAT.
    mayamaisha likes this.

Cheryl Ann is just too much! My daughter said we should make a drinking game out of when she says she is classically trained

We watched this the first season and were happy to see it come back for a second season. (I'm also interested in the steampunk one as well.)
    Jax likes this.

I am a fan of this show as well as Ink Master. I am ready for CherylAnn to get the boot but am not holding my breath.
    Thanks for starting this thread separate from Ink Master.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Cheryl Ann survived ANOTHER week.

Damnit.

Oh, well.

There's always NEXT week.

+ Reply to Thread