+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Arielflies
  • 1 Post By pikachu
  • 3 Post By Debb70
  • 2 Post By mayamaisha

Thread: Home Free (Fox premiers WED 7-22)

Summertime Living Easy Arielflies's Avatar

Home Free (Fox premiers WED 7-22)

Mike Holmes is back!!! This time in a project series with Fox.

Makeovers and hugs and tears. Ahh

About Mike Holmes | Home Free on Fox

About the Show

FOX has ordered HOME FREE, a new competition series that will feature never-before-seen twists and plenty of surprises, as couples vie to win their dream home. From Relativity Television and executive producer Tom Forman (“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”), and hosted by famed professional contractor Mike Holmes (“Holmes on Homes®”), the eight-episode unscripted series breaks ground Wednesday, July 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

On HOME FREE, nine deserving couples are challenged to revive one run-down home every week. During each episode, Holmes will present the couples with tasks designed to test and challenge the skills of these do-it-yourself enthusiasts. Holmes will be with the competitors every step of the way – picking apart their work and demanding they meet his high standards, while also sharing his expertise and guidance to help them reach new heights. But in a surprise twist, when the work is done for the day, the couples don’t have far to travel to get home…because not only must they work together to restore the home, they must all live together in the same dilapidated home 24/7. The more they accomplish, the better they sleep at night.

Each week, the couples with the best work will move forward in the competition, while the couple who didn’t perform up to code will face elimination. Eliminations will continue each week, until only two couples remain, who will fight to the finish to win their ultimate dream home.
    - See more at: About Mike Holmes | Home Free on Fox
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Home Free (Fox premiers WED 7-22)

I'm kinda looking forward to this one.

Did you guys see this show yet? I LOVE IT! What a great idea. It made me laugh out loud!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've always liked Mike Holmes so of course I tuned in for the premiere.
    dzigner likes this.
    Current Pools: Big Brother 17, Masterchef 6, So You Think You Can Dance 12
    Upcoming Pools: America's Got Talent 10, Face Off 9, Project Runway 14
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2015: The FORT's Amazing Spreadsheet Wizard & Avatar Artist

Summertime Living Easy Arielflies's Avatar

I loved it as well. AND...I really love the tear drop trailers they are using for camping out at the job sites.

I also noticed that the bathroom was not part of the makeover, so maybe Mike's crew did that ahead of time so it could be used by all those campers.

Did you also see that #2 in charge is Mike Jr. He is no longer a teenager learning the trades on the job, but a full grown man and supervisor. He looks so much like his Dad.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

What I love about this show is that there are no losers.

What a great concept this show is. Luv it
    dzigner and Debb70 like this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

Now that's the kind of show I should have tried to get on. lol But, after the first season, you lose the element of surprise, right? Will there be a season 2?

+ Reply to Thread