+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Alone - History Channel

Alone - History Channel

Alone Cast: History Channel TV Show Survivalists to Win | Heavy.com

The History Channel has a new reality show called Alone, filled with a cast of survivalists who have to fend for themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness. The official synopsis of the show reads: Carrying only what they can fit in a backpack, the survivalists are completely separated from one another in harsh, unforgiving terrain to hunt, build shelters and fend off predators. They will face extreme isolation and psychological distress as they plunge into the unknown, self-documenting their experience. "Alone" is the ultimate test of manís will to survive. The person who lasts the longest before tapping out is the winner of a $500,000 prize. Unlike other shows like Survivor or Naked And Afraid, these survivalists will have no teams, no partner to keep them company, no production or camera crew and no show host. The series is self-documented as each of the cast members battle the elements, build shelters, protect themselves from predators and try to stay sane. Now that you're up to speed on the new, dangerous series, click through our gallery to get to know each of the 10 survivalists who are in it to win it.
    In addition to their clothing each man has ten items with him, check the history channel website for the men's bios and item list.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Alone - History Channel

Episode 1 - And So It Begins - June 18, 2015

Josh taps out Day 1. The bears sniffing around his tarp did it.

Very wet environment, only one man has fire Day 2.

I luv reading comments on other sites saying what wushes the men were and what the first thing they would do is build a fire. Well they are in a very wet area good luck with that.

Want to be on Alone?

Alone - Want to be on Alone? - HISTORY.com

Do you think you have what it takes to survive for up to a year by yourself in the wild? If so, “Alone” is searching for outdoorsmen to attempt this bold adventure.

To learn more, please email aloneshowcasting@gmail.com with your name, age, contact information, location, and a brief description about your survival expertise!

You will be emailing Leftfield Entertainment, the producer of Alone. Leftfield Entertainment may use your information to contact you about the show or other opportunities that it believes may interest you.
    Good luck.

Episode 2 - Of Wolf and Men - 06/25/15

Chris tapped out at the end of Day 2. He didn't like that wolves were so close to his tent.

The other men seem to be getting water and fire and some moved to new camp sites.

Really liking the two Canadians. At this point it's being positive, moving slowly and having a plan. I liked the various ways the men were getting water, making fire and making camp.

This is a 10 episode series.

I like this show, if only because it seems the most real of these survival shows. Losing another one to wolf proximity is tough to see, but I know I couldn't stay either. And the guy who calls to the bear ... who does that???

How did I miss this show! I know what I am watching tonight.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kiz

I really like this show too. It's fascinating to see how each man is adapting to the environment. I was a little surprised that there are no women in the group though. I've seen a few from Naked and Afraid that I think would have fared well. The wolves would scare the bejeebers out of me even more than the bears. As the less prepared men tap out, I think the show will get even more interesting as the better survivalists hash it out to stay to the end. I was wondering if they'll let the final man know he's outlasted or if they'll just let him stay until he finally gives up and taps out .
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I was concerned about the second guy, Chris, who tapped out. I am not surprised that the wolves scared him as he said in the 1st and 2nd episode that he had been attacked by a German Shepard as a child. He has a deep seated aversion to large canines. What really concerned me was that he said he was always armed and almost never is without his gun. I honestly believe if he had a gun that night he would have shot at and possibly killed those wolves. I also question folks who live a survivalist lifestyle or a hunter lifestyle and are not in good physical condition as was Chris and his young son. If you are passionate about living off the land you don't look like a tub of lard, just saying.
    Cornholio likes this.

I find that kind of lookist, though; as people say, it takes all types, and just because you're large and overweight, doesn't mean you can't be passionate about being a survivalist. Some people are just genetically predisposed to gaining weight easily and having a hard time losing it.
    Florimel likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast