+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Alone - History Channel

Re: Alone - History Channel

I watched the "Making the Cut" last week, and it was really interesting to see how they choose the participants, and how they prepare them. Much of what they do, is practice with video taping themselves. They go out initially to their designated spot so they can get some stationary cameras set up.

I read some of the Bios from the History channel site-- so far, I think Jose is going to be a strong contender.

One thing I was noticing--that last season, many of the participants brought a huge tarp as one of their items. They were very useful in making a waterproof shelter, and one guy even made a canoe--which I thought was fascinating. So far in the Bios, I haven't seen anyone bring a tarp...still have many of them to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    I never watched/heard of the first season. Read this thread and it peaked my interest. Have my DVR set and watched this prequel show that aired. Cant wait to see this... looks good!
    If you on online to the History Channel website you can watch the season 1 episodes there.
    lilcountriegal likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by NoReally View Post
    I watched the "Making the Cut" last week, and it was really interesting to see how they choose the participants, and how they prepare them. Much of what they do, is practice with video taping themselves. They go out initially to their designated spot so they can get some stationary cameras set up.

I read some of the Bios from the History channel site-- so far, I think Jose is going to be a strong contender.

One thing I was noticing--that last season, many of the participants brought a huge tarp as one of their items. They were very useful in making a waterproof shelter, and one guy even made a canoe--which I thought was fascinating. So far in the Bios, I haven't seen anyone bring a tarp...still have many of them to check out.
    The filming crew did drop off extra cameras at the 10 designated sites but the actual contestants did see those sites until they were dropped off there. Yes, they were in the area together getting their camera training and first aid and emergency contact stuff done but they were not at their sites until the drop off.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The filming crew did drop off extra cameras at the 10 designated sites but the actual contestants did see those sites until they were dropped off there. Yes, they were in the area together getting their camera training and first aid and emergency contact stuff done but they were not at their sites until the drop off.
    Ok, I guess I misunderstood.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Kind of knew when they showed so much of Desmond in the first episode of the season that he wasn't going to last long.

To family: "I am NOT going to tap out. Ever." (Until before sunset on the first day.)

"If I get into a fight with a bear, someone needs to come and rescue the bear." (However, the sight of bear scat WILL cause me to run screaming back to civilization.)

I shouldn't make fun - I would never even TRY to get on any of these "tough it out" shows. But not to make it until sunset on the first day is pretty lame.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Kind of knew when they showed so much of Desmond in the first episode of the season that he wasn't going to last long.

To family: "I am NOT going to tap out. Ever." (Until before sunset on the first day.)

"If I get into a fight with a bear, someone needs to come and rescue the bear." (However, the sight of bear scat WILL cause me to run screaming back to civilization.)

I shouldn't make fun - I would never even TRY to get on any of these "tough it out" shows. But not to make it until sunset on the first day is pretty lame.
    Same happened last season, I think. First guy out also got a lot of screen time and talked a lot of junk, if I recall correctly.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I knew the black guy wasn't going to last long, but only five hours is beyond embarrassing. First of all, the Arizona desert is much different than Alaska. Secondly, he talked about his military experience. Well, I know being a non-combat MOS ( military occupation skill ) in the rear echelon unit doesn't teach you how to live in the wild. Only the rangers/Seals type training prepares one to live off the land.

Showing a lot of the women in the first episode too. I think the Fire Jumper has the determination to make it far, but the other one ( Tracy ) I don't think will last long.

Also, I predict the guy from Minnesota will be a quick exit.

I'm excited to see how long the Army Sniper guy makes it. Those are the type of guys that sneak behind enemy lines and pretend to be a bush for five days. Takes toughness.

Anyhoo, I love this show. Hate waiting a WHOLE week to see the next episode.
    AZChristian likes this.

I know, give me a break! I would understand if he tapped out when he was confronted with a bear, but he never even SAW one! I was upset that they gave all the airtime to 4 participants, though. I didn't see it from the beginning last season, so I don't know if that's how the producers edit the material, but I wanted to see how Jose and some of the others got settled.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anique_vanbeek View Post
    I knew the black guy wasn't going to last long, but only five hours is beyond embarrassing. First of all, the Arizona desert is much different than Alaska. Secondly, he talked about his military experience. Well, I know being a non-combat MOS ( military occupation skill ) in the rear echelon unit doesn't teach you how to live in the wild. Only the rangers/Seals type training prepares one to live off the land.

Showing a lot of the women in the first episode too. I think the Fire Jumper has the determination to make it far, but the other one ( Tracy ) I don't think will last long.

Also, I predict the guy from Minnesota will be a quick exit.

I'm excited to see how long the Army Sniper guy makes it. Those are the type of guys that sneak behind enemy lines and pretend to be a bush for five days. Takes toughness.

I feel the opposite about the two women... I think Tracy will outlast the other one. (We'll have to wait and see which one of us is right )

I LOVE this show, too! Can't wait for next week!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anique_vanbeek View Post
    I knew the black guy wasn't going to last long, but only five hours is beyond embarrassing. First of all, the Arizona desert is much different than Alaska.

I live in Arizona, so was doing a little "home team" cheering for him at first. I'm usually really bad at predicting who will/won't last - but this guy was not looking like a winner from the get-go.

I'd love to see a woman go far - more "home team" cheering. LOL.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread