+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Alone - History Channel

FORT Newbie

Re: Alone - History Channel

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Agreed to the max. This is what I thought Naked and Afraid was going to be.
    I really hope we can see this trend continue and couldn't agree more. It makes it so much more satisfying.
    Maveno, Florimel and KTinCT like this.

Episode 9 - Brokedown Palace - 08/13/15

Extreme isolation takes its toll on the remaining participants in the wild. Each man's battle turns to the mind as well as the elements
    I think a better episode title would have been the "The Heights and Depths of Despair". This episode covers Day 37 through Day 43. I must admit I was shocked how thin Alan is looking, his cheekbones are really getting pronounced. I am surprised how scare any game seems to be, but it is fall/winter when this was filmed. What no deer? No bunnies, no possum, no nothing.

Lucas taps out Day 37.

Mitch taps out Day 43.

Alan and Sam remain.

Next week is the finale episode.

I went to the History Channel website and cannot find Mitch's arriving home video anyone else find it?
    No goat killers on my island.

Kiz

Mitch and Lucas' home videos are available now.

My final two guesses made it to the end. I'm pulling for a draw. Second to last has got to be the worse in this series. All the guys that made it to the last week were incredible. Lucas' yurt and canoe were great, but I wonder if he expending too much energy into their construction.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

I feel that Lucas is extremely hard on himself, to be great. He has many accomplishments and seems to do them well. There is great pressure in our society to be outstanding in area, mainly sports or music and to get rich and famous off these talents. If you can’t get rich or famous off these talents you are considered a failure. What is wrong with knowing how to draw, with knowing how to sing, with knowing how to play an instrument? Can’t you enjoy the ability for itself and not beat yourself up for not making money off it, for not being famous for it. It used to be that people were applauded for being accomplished; fame and fortune had nothing to do with it. Don’t forget many painters painted because they had to, they had a passion and many died in obscurity and were not discovered until after they died.
    Florimel likes this.

Just wanna say I admire all of them, and pay special tribute to these last two. Go, go, go true survivors!!!

Then I wanna say I really hope Alan wins.
    dreamonia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    Just wanna say I admire all of them, and pay special tribute to these last two. Go, go, go true survivors!!!

Then I wanna say I really hope Alan wins.

Me too.

Just read that Alan lost 60 pounds during his stay. I agree, Bearcata, his thin-down definitely shows. I don't think he looks gaunt, though, so I hope it serves him well in the long run. Looking kinda hot these days, as a matter of fact.

Bearcata, did Lucas mention money and fame? Yes, he's quite insecure and can't seem to see what a great guy he is, but I didn't get that it was about fame.

What a satisfying conclusion! I'm so happy for Alan.
    dreamonia likes this.

Kiz

In the aftershow Alan said he thinks he could have lasted for maybe two more months. If I were Sam that would make me feel better about tapping out. Alan is very introspective and quite the philosopher. Besides his survival skills, he had the inner fortitude to stay on.

I would have liked to have heard from Sam on the aftershow. I was very surprised thst didn't even have a remote interview with him if he couldn't actually be at the interview. I did read that he and his wife had a son, and they named him Alaska.

Also the show has been renewed for a second season and will be filmed around the same location. Sorry I don't have links, but I'm on my phone. I Googled Alone TV for the info.
    dreamonia and KTinCT like this.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

+ Reply to Thread