+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Alone - History Channel

Re: Alone - History Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Luv'ed the start with the Starvation Diet commercial ... very creative.
    I enjoyed that, as well! I Googled "Brooke and Dave on Alone", and found their website and YouTube channels. They spend quite a bit of time on speaking engagements and educating others, which explains why they're so comfortable in front of the camera.

The season finale and reunion show is on this week, check your tv guides as it looks like the finale airs an hour or two early in my area.
    No goat killers on my island.

Wow. I had to withdraw from the forum for a while and have just finished catching up on three weeks. Must say, there was more drama in here than out there. And probably some good information if I were interested, but not.

So sad to see Brooke and Dave go. Can't say I care who wins. I still love watching the survival aspect and getting to 'feel' some of those people out there.
    AZChristian and NoReally like this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    So sad to see Brooke and Dave go. Can't say I care who wins. I still love watching the survival aspect and getting to 'feel' some of those people out there.
    Yes, I will probably watch, but if the brothers win, I won't watch the reunion show... I have my limits!
    AZChristian likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Being close to the west coast, I can find out who wins before the show airs here. If the brothers win, I won't even watch the show, much less the reunion.
    I'm Paula.

Kiz

The brothers are annoying and not my favorite to win, but if they do, my hat's off to them. They've all suffered to get this far. I'm pretty sure I'd be a major PITA if I were out there cold and starving. I hope they forged a stronger bond after their experience. With that, I'm pulling for the father/son duo to win after the Brooke and Dave left.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    With that, I'm pulling for the father/son duo to win after the Brooke and Dave left.
    Aw, you're such a romantic, Kiz. Me too.
    Kiz likes this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Kiz

That was tough to watch at the end. The dad was in such pain, and he gave it his all. It was very nice see the bond between the two. I hope he gets his aluminum boat.

I found the brothers, when they're not fighting, to be entertaining. I liked them a lot on the after show, and it was cool to see them hug it out at the end of their journey. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the first time they ever really opened up about their love and respect for each other. I think it was one of them that said that you really need to add the component of suffering when preparing for this show.

Next season is filming soon, and there will be returning contestants., and their filming in a new location. I hope at least a couple of the women from last season compete. I'm guessing they'll be alone again.
    NoReally likes this.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    That was tough to watch at the end. The dad was in such pain, and he gave it his all. It was very nice see the bond between the two. I hope he gets his aluminum boat.

I found the brothers, when they're not fighting, to be entertaining. I liked them a lot on the after show, and it was cool to see them hug it out at the end of their journey. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the first time they ever really opened up about their love and respect for each other. I think it was one of them that said that you really need to add the component of suffering when preparing for this show.
    Well, you inspired me to watch the reunion show, Kiz, and I'm glad I did! It was good to hear the feedback from all of the last three groups, especially Brooke and Dave. I wouldn't be surprised if they get some other gigs from their exposure on this show.

I do agree, too, that the brothers were entertaining, and insightful.
    KTinCT and Kiz like this.

Season 4 Episode 10 - "Flesh and Blood" - August 17, 2017

"Heroism is endurance for one moment more." - George F. Kennan
    Not much must have happened the last 10 days or so as the producers basically did a montage of both teams time on the island and they repeated some of it on the Tales from the Island episode afterwards.

To be honest I didn't like the boys they were annoying.

I wonder how different this show would be if they filmed in the summer and they participants had access to more food and a possibility of preserving some of it.

Liked how in Tales from the Island the host asked the boys why they didn't build a better shelter and we got the story of the hot stones and burned feet. Too bad Sam's dad didn't do the stones as that would have helped with his frostbitten feet. I do wonder though if Brooke had had the chance to put on 20 or 30 lbs would that have made a difference? I did like what Dave Whipple said in regards to spending calories building a good shelter vs spending calories heating your body from the cold wind.

Looks like Season 5 will be in a new location and with folks we have seen before.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread