+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Alone - History Channel

Re: Alone - History Channel

Each show gets better and better. I am in love with Brooke and David and hope they are the winners. I love the way she survives without too much worrying. Her fear seemed to be about her beloved Dave more than about herself or her conditions.

The walk was terrible. I hope there is not another season like this one. There can be a walk but not so brutal.

Food remains a huge problem. Did Ted really think he would hit that grouse with a stick? I guess it's true. "hope springs eternal"!
    KTinCT likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I get a little annoyed with the fact that some people online are assuming that because Brooke built a solid shelter and did more proactive stuff to put together a long-term survival scenario, she was "given" the best site. I've read that these folks do a blind draw of their sites. A hard-working person (MALE OR FEMALE) who is focused on using well-honed skills will do a better job than a "poor me, I can't wait until my partner gets here" person (MALE OR FEMALE).

Brooke is awesome, experienced, and not lazy. Her plumbing has nothing to do with it.
    Bearcata, KTinCT, NoReally and 1 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

AZChristian, I am assuming that those comments were on other sites? People can be so stupid.

Her current site is basically a shelter she built on a slope and between two tree trunks. I will not be surprised if they build another shelter or expand on the first. I do remember that some of the other teams consciously decided not to build sturdier shelters until their partners showed up.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-08-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    jeanne likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    AZChristian, I am assuming that those comments were on other sites? People can be so stupid.

Her current site is basically a shelter she built on a slope and between two tree trunks. I will not be surprised if they build another shelter or expand on the first. I do remember that some of the other teams consciously decided not to build sturdier shelters until their partners showed up.
    I do hang out at another discussion board . . . but wherever it was, it WAS a stupid comment. I gotta tell you, though . . . if I'd been slogging through that thick vegetation for over over a week just to make it 10 miles, I'd be might unhappy if I found out that my team member was waiting for me to get there to help build a sturdy shelter. LOL. It's interesting that there are only 3 other teams (besides Brooke and David) . . . and the majority of tap-outs were the stationary people.
    NoReally and jeanne like this.
    I'm Paula.

Agree about Brooke's industriousness. Whether it's the editing or real, not many of the other stationary people seemed to work hard at anything except finding food. Maybe my memory is just lacking.

My two cents: I thought that bed looked pretty cozy. Semi-sturdy even. I vote for let them have the night. New day tomorrow.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

And they have soap . . .
    KTinCT and jeanne like this.
    I'm Paula.

Season 4 Episode 5 - "Double or Nothing" - July 13, 2017

Episode quote:

"Coming together is a beginning,
    staying together is progress,
    and working together is success." - Henry Ford
    Finally all the teams are together. I think the Baird Boys are going to be annoying arguing all the time. Glad to see at least two of the teams get some fish. And of course the obligatory cutting of a finger on a sharp object scene.
    No goat killers on my island.

Cliff's Notes
    Double or Nothing, Days 10-13

Dave/Brooke Whipple:
    Brooke – Kills duck on beach; fishing success
    Dave – Eats duck on beach; carves handline; asthmatic

Jim/Ted Baird:
    Jim – Hiker. (Redder Hair) Finds slug to eat; great expectations for Ted; confronts cliffside and extreme brush; calls out and finds Ted; builds crab trap; cuts index finger; no crabs
    Ted –Pitiful shelter, building lean-to; tarp won’t wrap around boat; rethinks & continues

Pete/Sam Brockdorf:
    Pete –- Catches perch, trout; adds stockade wall to shelter; won’t waste energy for “fancy”
    Sam –Pleased with dad’s shelter; fishing knowledge - setting lines

Brody/Chris Wilkes
    Chris – (Beard) Tries long-pole fishing rod - water too rough
    Brody –
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl View Post
    Agree about Brooke's industriousness. Whether it's the editing or real, not many of the other stationary people seemed to work hard at anything except finding food. Maybe my memory is just lacking.
    Yes, it seems that every season there are one or two that excel more than others, and this season, it's Brooke so far! (IMO) I guess I have a tendency to expect more from these people because the producers go out of their way to emphasize how much experience they all have in wilderness survival.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread