+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Alone - History Channel

FORT Fan

Re: Alone - History Channel

Got caught up on all the epi's this weekend. Great show. Can't wait for the next epi.

Love Alan. He's hilarious. I think he'll do well. Lucas is the other one I see going far. He's thinking long term by his plan to build a cabin. It will be interesting to see what else he comes up with.

Kiz

I haven't learned their names yet, but it was cool to watch the guy make his own char cloth from the cedar kindling. I really enjoy survivalist shows, and this is a good one.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

Episode 5 - Winds of Hell - Premiere Date:July 16, 2015 - 10:03-11:03PM ET

Big storm came. Dustin taps out Day 8 and there are only 4 men left. I was amazed how quickly 10 men were reduced to 4 in only 8 days. It's Day 14 and there are still 4 men left although with much of episode 5 focused on Lucas and his building his canoe I really expected him to go by the end of the episode. I do wonder if the sites the men were all left at were equally bad or good and if that had an effect? The isolation is definitely a key factor and how they men handle it.

Who's left? Lucas, Sam, Alan and Mitch.

Alan has a nice singing voice.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Episode 5 - Winds of Hell - Premiere Date:July 16, 2015 - 10:03-11:03PM ET

Big storm came. Dustin taps out Day 8 and there are only 4 men left. I was amazed how quickly 10 men were reduced to 4 in only 8 days. It's Day 14 and there are still 4 men left although with much of episode 5 focused on Lucas and his building his canoe I really expected him to go by the end of the episode. I do wonder if the sites the men were all left at were equally bad or good and if that had an effect? The isolation is definitely a key factor and how they men handle it.

Who's left? Lucas, Sam, Alan and Mitch.

Alan has a nice singing voice.
    Yes, he does. I was completely surprised by his singing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Alan is an interesting one. Great character for the show; really grown on me.

I feel bad for Mitch. The mold thing is just... yeah.

Lucas is... just what he is, I guess. Seems like a chill guy. Feel bad he got sick off his diet.

Sam just annoys me.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Alan is an interesting one. Great character for the show; really grown on me.

I feel bad for Mitch. The mold thing is just... yeah.

Lucas is... just what he is, I guess. Seems like a chill guy. Feel bad he got sick off his diet.

Sam just annoys me.
    I get the impression that Lucas is very hard on himself. He seems to be either very positive or very down and that kinda worries be a bit.

Mitch seems to be having horrible luck with his location ... mold on his clothes.

I am surprised that Sam hasn't built a sightly better shelter. He has a very goofy character which I think grates on a lot of folks.

Luv'ing Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I get the impression that Lucas is very hard on himself. He seems to be either very positive or very down and that kinda worries be a bit.

Mitch seems to be having horrible luck with his location ... mold on his clothes.

I am surprised that Sam hasn't built a sightly better shelter. He has a very goofy character which I think grates on a lot of folks.

Luv'ing Alan.
    I don't think he really had that much of a choice; I think he was dropped in a location that was much more damp than any of the other locations.
    Revenge is ice cream.

We are loving this show! I commend the remaining men for making it under such harsh conditions. Seems like they cast a lot of younger, family oriented men, who some couldn't even bear one day being away from their family without crying or tapping out. I'm not knocking them, I'm sure it was a lot more difficult than they imagined, but we were surprised how many quit after just a few days, some who were self-proclaimed survivalists. I think they are already casting for Season 2 so hopefully we will see some hardier contestants. I get that you will miss your family, but if you can't even go a day or two without breaking down, then this is not the competition for you.

Alan is our fave, not just because we live in GA, but he just seems to be the most positive and level headed. I think Lucas may suffer from bipolar or depression. Being isolated would definitely amplify emotions if one is prone to depression.

I guess since they are down to four people in such a short time, they are spending episodes focused on just one or two people to drag it out a little longer. I can't see this going on for months but I guess anything is possible.

We were just on Vancouver Is in Victoria last month and it's hard to believe how different the landscape is on the other end of the island! Glad we didn't see any bears, wolves or cougars, lol.

Anyway, looking forward to next Thursday!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I would have loved to have seen the bears, wolves or cougars but from the safety of a well protected vehicle.

There are extra videos about Alone on the history channel and here is the link: Dustin Explains His Decision to Leave Video - Alone - HISTORY.com.

I luv the 3min videos about why each guy tapped out. Very interesting, all the guys seem very well spoken.

+ Reply to Thread