+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Alone - History Channel

Re: Alone - History Channel

Felt bad for Tracy about her guilt.

If you watch the episode on History.com you do see an extended version of the rescue I just thought it would be a separate clip.
    dreamonia likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

When Nicole I think that's her name heard that weird noise I was like its Bigfoot. That was spooky. And I still don't think it was a bear.
    KTinCT likes this.

I was so impressed with Tracy's reaction to that wailing she heard. Leaves me wanting to see what's next.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    When Nicole I think that's her name heard that weird noise I was like its Bigfoot. That was spooky. And I still don't think it was a bear.
    It sounded to me like a mother (and kits) in dire defense mode. It was for sure spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    It sounded to me like a mother (and kits) in dire defense mode. It was for sure spooky.
    please let me believe they found bigfoot....LOL. But I did go to youtube and hear some of the cries and it did sound like that for sure!

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I think I'm cheering for Jose - he seems the most comfortable in this environment. I've never seen or heard of that fire-blower-thingy but think it's great!

Might also be cheering for Nicole but will wait 'til she gets past her nesting phase. I like her energy but there are big dark things out there -- no pets named Blackie.
    Yes, me too! Love his fire blower.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

So sad to see Tracey go. Luv and Blessings to you. I sincerely hope you can find the peace you are looking for.

So at 8 days it's 7 people left.

Yes, sad to see Tracy tap out. There is some great backstory to that woman. Something to do with that picture of a dog she tucked away and something about that statement she made: "Being good at violence is not good". I don't think we saw all of her attempts to ward off the bears.

My thoughts on the rest of the gang (Jose and Randy not covered this epi) -

Mike: Kissed slug while dreaming - huge yuk. He might be the counterpart to Jose given his contraptions: drying rack for wood, raised BBQ fire, hands-free faucet, and a table. Wow!

David: Obsessing over KFC. Makes great gill net, but he brought the wrong size originally. Really??

Justin: Wins the award for 'Best Sense of Humor' on Day 9 for starting with "Day 276." And the award for 'Why Hasn't Anybody Else Thought of That' for his gill net that is actually a hammock.

Larry: That's a pretty intense spear he made. Lost one fish, then caught four -- Pretty good turn-around.

Nicole: Nope. Can't be rootin' for her anymore. The woman is nuts. That's both baby-space and food territory she's invading.

I find that I really like the participants who are calm and comfortable with themselves and with their situation.

Mike amazing skill set and builder. He has a huge tarp. If he stays there long enough he will have a cabin and garage built.

Nicole like her too and she seems one that really knows her plants and small stuff and survives a lot on that. She can't help that they set her down in an area with a bear and cubs.

David, Larry and Justin all seem frustrated, a tad angry, and not yet working with nature and her schedule.

Yes, sad to see Tracy tap out. There is some great backstory to that woman. Something to do with that picture of a dog she tucked away and something about that statement she made: "Being good at violence is not good". I don't think we saw all of her attempts to ward off the bears.

My thoughts on the rest of the gang (Jose and Randy not covered this epi) -

Mike: Kissed slug while dreaming - huge yuk. He might be the counterpart to Jose given his contraptions: drying rack for wood, raised BBQ fire, hands-free faucet, and a table. Wow!

David: Obsessing over KFC. Makes great gill net, but he brought the wrong size originally. Really??

Justin: Wins the award for 'Best Sense of Humor' on Day 9 for starting with "Day 276." And the award for 'Why Hasn't Anybody Else Thought of That' for his gill net that is actually a hammock.

Larry: That's a pretty intense spear he made. Lost one fish, then caught four -- Pretty good turn-around.

Nicole: Nope. Can't be rootin' for her anymore. The woman is nuts. That's both baby-space and food territory she's invading.
    I agree about Mike and Jose-- If I were bettin' on the outcome, I would predict that those two are going to be the last ones... that said, I hope that Mike getting a lot of airtime this week is not an indication that he'll be out soon. (That seems to be the trend--giving those that tap out first the most airtime in the beginning) He is so impressive! After watching him work, the others looked awkward. Especially David, setting his pan of water on top of the firewood and it toppled over.

I was rooting for Nicole at first, but her walking toward the gill net in the bears' direction was way too risky. I was wondering why she put that gill net there in the first place, since it seems like the bears have been showing up in that general area. Hopefully, her backing off will satisfy momma bear that Nicole is not a threat, and she won't attack -- Yikes!

+ Reply to Thread