+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Alone - History Channel

Re: Alone - History Channel

Season 2 folks are doing well after 7 days they have only had one person tap out. In Season 1 five people had tapped out in 6 days.
    No goat killers on my island.

Although I love the show, I'm not crazy about the 'to be continued' aspect. I think they should package each epi around someone tapping out. Did Alaska mom tap out due to fear of losing her hand? Did bearded guy tap out due to losing Ferro rod (that happened to Canadian guy last season.) Pastor Brazil looks promising in terms of introspection and ability to communicate deep thoughts, similar to last season's winner.
    KTinCT likes this.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

They didn't show this week's people get dropped off, right? Not sure if I caught there very beginning of the epi yet.

The guy who lost the ferro rod (sp?), I like his camp, that's the way I'd look to do my area too. With the trees making a wall. I'd like to think with all that time out there, I'd make a "cabin-like" structure.

The duck didn't look like a natural death... still perplexing as to why it died.

Watching Mary Kate chop that wood the way she was doing it was BUGGING me!! Whatdoyouknow, she slipped. She was awkwardly holding the wood/etc.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    They didn't show this week's people get dropped off, right? Not sure if I caught there very beginning of the epi yet.

The guy who lost the ferro rod (sp?), I like his camp, that's the way I'd look to do my area too. With the trees making a wall. I'd like to think with all that time out there, I'd make a "cabin-like" structure.

The duck didn't look like a natural death... still perplexing as to why it died.

Watching Mary Kate chop that wood the way she was doing it was BUGGING me!! Whatdoyouknow, she slipped. She was awkwardly holding the wood/etc.

They showed everyone getting dropped off last week in some form or fashion.

Quotes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_...ries)#Season_2

Episode:

0 Alone: Making the Cut April 14, 2016
    "The further one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." - Theodore Roosevelt

1 Once More Unto the Breach April 21, 2016
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown" - H. P. Lovecraft

2 The Knife's Edge April 28, 2016
    "The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure." - Christopher McCandless
    KTinCT likes this.

Thanks for the link, B - great updates.

Just want to jump in and say that I'm still loving this show. I'm still a bit jaded tho -- I still suspect just how alone they truly are. As TV- Mulder says, "I want to believe."

I empathize with Desmond. I would have been outta there too (producers' pick for bears location?). I feel for his showing that bravado for filming and then tapping out. I hope he was welcomed home with honor and understanding.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I think it's two-thousand times better than N&A.
    dreamonia, Bearcata and KTinCT like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    Thanks for the link, B - great updates.

Just want to jump in and say that I'm still loving this show. I'm still a bit jaded tho -- I still suspect just how alone they truly are. As TV- Mulder says, "I want to believe."

I empathize with Desmond. I would have been outta there too (producers' pick for bears location?). I feel for his showing that bravado for filming and then tapping out. I hope he was welcomed home with honor and understanding.
    I think Desmond who is from a large gregarious family and obviously had a circle of army buddies and comes across as very social would have had a very hard time to being totally cut off and it looked as if much of his survival experience was in a desert region and not a temperate rain forest full of bears.

I think I'm cheering for Jose - he seems the most comfortable in this environment. I've never seen or heard of that fire-blower-thingy but think it's great!

Might also be cheering for Nicole but will wait 'til she gets past her nesting phase. I like her energy but there are big dark things out there -- no pets named Blackie.
    Maveno and dreamonia like this.

S 2 E 3
    The Beasts of Night
    TV-14

Watch The Beasts of Night Full Episode - Alone | HISTORY

After a week on Vancouver Island, several of the participants are finding success in their new environment. But while some work in harmony with the wilderness, others battle against it and careless mistakes threaten to send two people home.
    Oh, poor Mary Kate I was looking forward to her being one of the last people. Hope she is OK.

The extended scene of her rescue is not up yet but Desmond's tap out scene is and I like the guy for saying combat is different than staying alone in the woods with bears. He says he just was not prepared for the bears.

I am finding the folks who are calm and not letting the situation get to them to be the most pleasant to watch. Hose is good to watch, so is Nicole and Tracy. I feel some desperation of the others. Larry seems to be having a lot of trouble mainly due to his horrible terrain.

I am thinking Randy (lost his ferro stick) would luv to have a fire blower like Hose made.

+ Reply to Thread