+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: The Island

The Island

Did anyone watch this show last night? It follows 14 men who have been left on an island, and they must try to survive with no outside help. It is hosted by Bear Grylls.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Re: The Island

I have not, but I plan to at least look at it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched and liked it. Hoping they don't have to vote people off every week, and hated that the one guy got removed due to medical reasons but hoping he learned he is not invincible.
    Moontat likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, mushy, for the heads up! I'll have to watch it OnDemand! So many shows have had finales this last week or so that my DVR queue is pretty slim.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

Hubby and I really liked it. I'm tired of reality shows voting people off, so I hope this isn't the type of show to do that. The one guy that had to leave, Taylor, definitely had some issues.. glad he got the help he needed medically, but serious attitude issues. they need water STAT!!!
    xcptnl and Moontat like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fan

I enjoyed it too. I did read that another show produced by the same people similar got in trouble for putting in animals for them to kill for food. I hope this version does not do that. I was wondering why they were not eating the coconut (I know it can cause some stomach issues) but seemed like it would have helped. I checked out the website and it does not seem like they vote off players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Realitychick likes this.

Watched it, enjoyed it. Seems to be a straight reality show where you drop people into an unfamiliar environment and watch what happens.
    Moontat likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just watched it and like it so far. I know they have to eat, but I hope I can avoid seeing any bloody animal killing (snakes, not so much). I'm happy that that first nutso is gone already. It was a chore watching him. I find that otherwise it looks like a good group of men.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    I enjoyed it too. I did read that another show produced by the same people similar got in trouble for putting in animals for them to kill for food. I hope this version does not do that. I was wondering why they were not eating the coconut (I know it can cause some stomach issues) but seemed like it would have helped. I checked out the website and it does not seem like they vote off players.
    Well, unfortunately, I think we are going to see a lot of animal kills. The previews showed a guy tackling a black boar? or pig? and then showed some of the guys carrying it hanging upside down on a tree limb. I have no idea if the show stocked the island with these creatures or not.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Tyler, the radio producer, they medivaced the 2nd or 3rd day was almost a walking stereotype of too stupid to live and a person who would take those around him down with him. It did seem as if there was a possibility he would be back.
    Punkin and spockwhat like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast