+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Willis Family (TLC)

Re: The Willis Family (TLC)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I actually like some of TLC's programming, and 'The Little Couple' is one of my faves. But, apparently TLC is being called the freak show channel by some viewers -- but it looks like there's hope for the network yet. I just read an article on ABC News on-line saying that "TLC Abandoning the 'Freak Show' to Find Some Heart." Here's the link, if anyone's interested: TLC Abandoning the 'Freak Show' to Find Some Heart - ABC News

(My url links are notorious for not working, so if this one doesn't work, just cut and paste it into your address line.)
    Like you, I love the Little Couple and there are several others I do enjoy watching. I love some of their specials. Even if the people are considered "freaky" (and with some I do not like that term) I do enjoy seeing the human side of them, the struggle for example with weight or a disability. It teaches us that we are all the same when you get down to it. That said, they do seem to find so many "different" people that I just don't want to watch another small family etc.... not everyone needs a show.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Ok I'm hooked, lol! Watched the last half of it yesterday. I like that they're a big family that's not über religious, not that there's anything wrong with that but it's a refreshing change.

I thought it was a little too sweet, but I'm going to give it more time. I'm just alarmed when I see adult children who seem to be inseparable from their siblings and don't move on with their own lives. I do get the importance of family though.

Are there any large families that don't home school? Yes, I know it can be a good thing, but I tend to doubt they do it for the reasons they profess. And I see so many horror stories of home schooling.

And all their names begin with the letter "J"......I'll try to ignore that one. lol

I did like how they love to dance and appreciate so many genres of music. And I'm relieved they aren't super religious.

I like this family and will be tuning in again.

Like Debb, I liked that they're not uber-religious, dance, and embrace a wide spectrum of music. Also, I LOVE the fact that they're instrumentalists (which I'm always a sucker for).

Their voices are beautiful, too. They really are a talented bunch!

I also admired them for how they seemed to meet and handle tragedies (the deaths of the father's sibs, when their house burned down). They realize what's important in life.

I hope to keep up with this one!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

I caught the first few minutes last night, my bed time is 10! lol! But I heard the Mom say she was raised conservative Baptist and didn't believe in dancing. But she said the bible says it's ok to dance. Another Duggar selective rule

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    But she said the bible says it's ok to dance.
    I think the rest of that verse is, "especially if thou shalt gain a reality TV show by dancing . . . "
    karna68 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

On their first episode, the mother said she regretted that she did not have dancing at her wedding reception. It was one of those religious ceremonies where there's no drinking or dancing. She said she wished it was different, because it was rather boring and they missed out on a lot of fun. Apparently, she wants things different for her kids and encourages dance. I applaud her.

I was glad to see that they aren't so ashamed to show their arms in public. That was refreshing.
    karna68 and AZChristian like this.

Saw previews for next week and it looks like the oldest boy has a girlfriend and will be proposing soon.

I like this show, multitalented and disciplined in their work ethic.
    karna68 likes this.

I like the family and show, too.

I'm still watching.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast