+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Imperfect1
  • 2 Post By Critical
  • 1 Post By Imperfect1
  • 2 Post By Jax

Thread: Find My First Love - FYI

Find My First Love - FYI

Starting this thread in case anyone wants to discuss the new show on FYI - Find Your First Love.

I caught the second half of one episode and 3/4 of another today. I know, I know - why didn't I watch the whole second one?... well, I had to pick my daughter up from school. :-)

So the first one was the girl with reddish-brown hair, who was searching for her lost love, who was a German exchange student in Michigan. His name was Patrick. For some reason, I didn't catch her name... or I probably just don't remember it. Let's blame multi-tasking.

The second one I saw was Alicia (I think?) looking for Benjamin in France, where she had been an exchange student in high school.

This Alicia one was weird to me. It was weird that Cherry (the host) just "sent" her off to France with a couple of addresses. Yes, she had a camera crew with her, but why didn't the host tag along? She did in the German exchange student one. But then, after a wild-goose chase, Alicia was just heading to Paris, where it showed in the previews that Cherry showed up. (That's when I had to leave the house.) Now, I'm supposed to believe that Cherry all of the sudden decided to fly to Paris, but wouldn't go to the other French cities? That part seemed so set up to me, it made me think that perhaps all of the other running around, knocking on doors, etc, was set-up. I'm sure the producers had already done some knocking, right?

I'm going to have to try to find a video of the whole episode, because after all that watching, I HAVE to see this Benjamin. He seems like quite the piece of work, which Alicia seemed to have blinders to. I mean, she's looking for him in a sex shop, the guy there asks if she's had one of his children, he drops everything and leaves places all the time, paints naked women's bodies for a living (?), and has an alias?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Find My First Love - FYI

I really enjoyed this show too, and I'm so sorry there aren't any additional episodes scheduled. But there are still re-runs of the first 2 episodes, so hopefully you'll be able to catch the 2nd one, aroncobrat! The rerun for that episode is on Friday May 1st. Check your listings for the time --- it's on at noon in the Central Time Zone.
    aramcobrat likes this.

I felt really uncomfortable watching the first episode. It felt - actually, both episodes felt - kind of stalkerish and I couldn't help thinking it was going to end REALLY horribly, like with her knocking on his door and finding a wife and 3 children and him barely remembering her as a brief fling. My mom pointed out that they probably wouldn't have had that be the ending on the first episode they showed or no one would ever watch again!

I was amazed - and yes, touched - at the happy ending for Alicia and Benjamin. It seemed like a totally perfect Hollywood ending. I'd love to see an update to find out if they're still together today.

Both episodes are available on the official FYI website if anyone missed them

ETA: I just found Alicia's Twitter and it looks like she's still living in France and she and Benjamin are still together. Here's an article/interview: Find My First Love – Alicia and Benjamin
    Last edited by Critical; 04-25-2015 at 06:08 AM.
    aramcobrat and Imperfect1 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

We need more episodes!!!!
    Jax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I felt really uncomfortable watching the first episode. It felt - actually, both episodes felt - kind of stalkerish and I couldn't help thinking it was going to end REALLY horribly, like with her knocking on his door and finding a wife and 3 children and him barely remembering her as a brief fling. My mom pointed out that they probably wouldn't have had that be the ending on the first episode they showed or no one would ever watch again!

I was amazed - and yes, touched - at the happy ending for Alicia and Benjamin. It seemed like a totally perfect Hollywood ending. I'd love to see an update to find out if they're still together today.

Both episodes are available on the official FYI website if anyone missed them

ETA: I just found Alicia's Twitter and it looks like she's still living in France and she and Benjamin are still together. Here's an article/interview: Find My First Love – Alicia and Benjamin
    I also felt a bit uncomfortable and definitely got that stalker feeling. When Alicia was on the train to yet another city to find him, I actually thought, wow, she's kind of stalking him. And, yes, I also just knew he would barely even remember her.

I did go onto the FYI website and watch the end of that show and was pleasantly surprised that he remembered her, professed to miss her, and in the 2 month update, that they were still together. Thank you, Critical, for finding the article/interview also. It's really nice to see such a nice, romantic ending.

I agree with your mom, Critical, that they probably wouldn't have aired that one first if it hadn't been a good ending. And that leads me to thinking... does anyone think that maybe they shot more than two episodes and the others just didn't have nice endings?

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat View Post
    I also felt a bit uncomfortable and definitely got that stalker feeling. When Alicia was on the train to yet another city to find him, I actually thought, wow, she's kind of stalking him. And, yes, I also just knew he would barely even remember her.

I did go onto the FYI website and watch the end of that show and was pleasantly surprised that he remembered her, professed to miss her, and in the 2 month update, that they were still together. Thank you, Critical, for finding the article/interview also. It's really nice to see such a nice, romantic ending.

I agree with your mom, Critical, that they probably wouldn't have aired that one first if it hadn't been a good ending. And that leads me to thinking... does anyone think that maybe they shot more than two episodes and the others just didn't have nice endings?
    I think it's very possible that they shot more than two episodes and the others just didn't end well. Or, that they shot more than two episodes and the network was only willing to air the first two, to see how the show would be received. That's what I'm hoping is the case --- and that they will eventually air the rest of the episodes.

Jax

I would almost bet that the stalk-ee was completely aware of what was going on or that they contacted them in advance and at least got some type of permission to stalk the person. All for the drama.
    Miss_Griss and aramcobrat like this.
    "The poster formerly known as jaytwo" - per pikachu
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:
    Jax Of All Trades With The Cutest Avatar Ever

+ Reply to Thread