+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Gold Rush

Gold Rush

What? No one watches Gold Rush? Parker and grandpa? Todd and Dave? The Viking?

Yes, the season is over but I would hope it deserves a place in this forum, if only to dig it out again next year. This year's finale was great – all three crews reached their goals and Grandpa Shnabel sat down with Christo. The one thing I hope to hold on to from the finale is another one of those quotes from Tony Beets:

“You cannot put an old head on young shoulders.”
    Jax likes this.

Re: Gold Rush

I like this one. I'll try to pitch in next season too.

Haha! Ya, no thread I guess!

I have watched every season!

Yes! I will join in next season!

ESP now that Gene has quit Parker and may join Tony Beets! Hmm!
    KAREN

yeah, a gold rush thread!

after the "get me 400 more ounces" meeting (and the season extension), I wondered if someone in Parker's crew would pass on coming back next season.

I wonder if Gene would work with Parker again if was made a percentage partner.

Quote Originally Posted by clod View Post
    I wonder if Gene would work with Parker again if was made a percentage partner.
    I expect that's where it's going to go. Gene is the big fish on Parker's team and would be little fish under Tony. Maybe it depends on how much Gene likes the claim Parker gets for next season. No matter what, it was good to see Parker finally give Gene ALL the credit he deserves. I just wonder how much of that was a back peddle once he knew of Gene's intentions.

Jax

Yeah! A Gold Rush thread. momrek06 and I talked about it briefly in another thread but there did not seem to be a lot of interest so I didn't start a separate thread for it.

This is one of our very favorite shows. We just started watching this year so I am hoping they will do a marathon of the other seasons at some point. It would be fun to catch up on all of them, especially in big chunks instead of just once a week.
    "The poster formerly known as jaytwo" - per pikachu
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:
    Jax Of All Trades With The Cutest Avatar Ever

Caged Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

"Todd and crew are going deep in the glory hole"

I've watched every year, and always enjoy it. This year I caught it here 'n there.. Anyone know why (or were they ever mentioned this season) the father son miners who bought Porcupine Creek weren't filmed at all? The last I knew of them, they were heading high into the mountains, but the son didn't find much. They had to rent a helicopter and have everything flown up there.. lots of $$.

Anyway. SO glad Grandpa Schnable is still with us. LOVE his laugh.

One thing I think is funny about this show.. the commentator guy always says Parker Schnable, but any other miners it's just their first name. Something I find funny.

The other one I LOVE is where they dredge in the ocean (name is escaping me), and that season is coming up..I saw some teasers.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    "Todd and crew are going deep in the glory hole"

I've watched every year, and always enjoy it. This year I caught it here 'n there.. Anyone know why (or were they ever mentioned this season) the father son miners who bought Porcupine Creek weren't filmed at all? The last I knew of them, they were heading high into the mountains, but the son didn't find much. They had to rent a helicopter and have everything flown up there.. lots of $$.

Anyway. SO glad Grandpa Schnable is still with us. LOVE his laugh.

One thing I think is funny about this show.. the commentator guy always says Parker Schnable, but any other miners it's just their first name. Something I find funny.

The other one I LOVE is where they dredge in the ocean (name is escaping me), and that season is coming up..I saw some teasers.
    If you mean Freddy Dodge and his brother (and it sounds like them to me from what you said) they did an hour special of them up there at Carmacks, they did an hour long special about them a week or two ago.

The ocean one is Bering Sea Gold. I have not seen it yet but have at least a few shows saved on my DVR.

Caged Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaytwo View Post
    If you mean Freddy Dodge and his brother (and it sounds like them to me from what you said) they did an hour special of them up there at Carmacks, they did an hour long special about them a week or two ago.

The ocean one is Bering Sea Gold. I have not seen it yet but have at least a few shows saved on my DVR.
    No, not Freddy.. it's a dad and son and they have a female working for them. My memory is so bad.

Yes! Thank you! Bering Sea Gold, that's my favorite out of the two now.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Jax

Oh ok, somebody clearly before my time! Hopefully I will see all of the old seasons soon.

I can hardly wait to get a chance to sit down and watch Bering Sea.
    Maveno likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast