+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Gold Rush

Re: Gold Rush

the new season of bering sea gold has already started. the usual characters are back.

I know who you mean, Maveno. The "Dakota Boys." I think they chose not to come back. They said they had problems with the show, and payment.

Once I saw them trying to use a cable to get to a potential vein I figured we'd never see that "other side" on camera. I'd like to think they actually found a great vein and this is their cover story to drop all the attention. ... but then, I'm such a romantic ....

My DH watches Bering Sea Gold and a BF watches Ice Cold Gold so I hear about those. I sure can't watch 'em all - have to catch on other DVR'd stuff, right?!
    Maveno likes this.

Jax

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    BF watches Ice Cold Gold so I hear about those.
    Oh no! Another show I have to watch!!
    "The poster formerly known as jaytwo" - per pikachu
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:
    Jax Of All Trades With The Cutest Avatar Ever

I think the announcer does tend to say Todd Hoffman's and Tony Beets' full names, too. Maybe it's the secondary characters that don't get the full name treatment.
    I don't usually watch 'the dirt' epis. I didn't know Gene was leaving Parker.
    I remember the Dakotas. Pop was a crusty old guy who always knew best, but let his son discover things for himself. Son was a looker.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    I know who you mean, Maveno. The "Dakota Boys." I think they chose not to come back. They said they had problems with the show, and payment.

Once I saw them trying to use a cable to get to a potential vein I figured we'd never see that "other side" on camera. I'd like to think they actually found a great vein and this is their cover story to drop all the attention. ... but then, I'm such a romantic ....

My DH watches Bering Sea Gold and a BF watches Ice Cold Gold so I hear about those. I sure can't watch 'em all - have to catch on other DVR'd stuff, right?!
    The DAKOTAS! Yes yes, thanks KT!
    Remember the dad's house was flooded out? So sad, I really did want them to hit a big vein...they grew on me after time. At first I didn't like them because it was pretty shady how he bought the rights to the mine under Todd's nose.

LOL Yes, I'm SO behind on shows, Street Art Showdown, now apparently Bering Sea Gold, etc, etc.. I seem to always miss the Ice Cold Gold, which is fine.. cuz I'm WAY behind on shows!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

How did it come about that Freddy Dodge is working for Hoffman & Dave, when last season he and his dad had their own claim? I didn't catch their explanation of him being there.

Freddy isn't working for H&D. You're right, he is first a miner and has his own claim(s) -- and has done well so far. More importantly, Big fRED is also a gold-mining equipment (mechanical) engineer. He conceived and built the equipment, and now he's a consultant for same. The man has his bases covered and certainly is grateful for the Yukon publicity.
    GolfGrrl likes this.

Hi, all.

Are we vested in the new season?

I'm still loving Grandpa. Feeling like a mother to Parker, hoping he learns from his Grandpa. Hoping he can pull it out of his hat this season. Good choice on a foreman, IMO.

I'm all for a Todd/Dave season, too. They were in such a pit last year that I'd be OK with a karma upswing.

Tony. Oh, Tony. He's doing much better at 'minding his tongue' and I applaud adding more show time to his family. But he's Tony. And he was so careless along the way. I'd be happy if his dredge proves to be an historical marker in Alaska, but I'm not sure he has earned it ... yet.

Do ya think Gene might get so over Tony that he leaves (gets fired) and bails out Parker's season? Wouldn't ya just love it?

Anybody else with a tuppence?

This is one of my favorite shows. Still miss the Dakota Boys. Love Grandpa. Can't believe he's still up and going at his age. Despise Tony. I'd love to see him go belly up with the dredge. Hoffman's seem to be off to a good start, but they'll find a way to screw themselves up...they always do. Why is Parker wasting time trying to mine where he's at, didn't he make a deal with Tony for virgin ground. Why isn't he working it?

I thought he was working the new ground. It's fresh, so needs more topsoil moved than existing claims.
    KTinCT likes this.

+ Reply to Thread