+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Street Art Throwdown Oxygen Tuesdays @ 9 pm ET/PT

Caged Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Street Art Throwdown Oxygen Tuesdays @ 9 pm ET/PT

Oxygen Media Paints the Town with New Competition Series "Street Art Throwdown" | Oxygen

The contestants are given opportunities to create vibrant art in never-before-seen ways, with challenges ranging from murals to installations and 3D paintings to guerilla art. Real-life brands participating in the series include Polaroid and D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education). Each episode will feature two challenges testing the artists’ abilities and drive, beginning with a mini art-stunt dubbed “The Hustle,” where the contestants must create a quick piece while confronted by environmental obstacles. The winner is given an advantage in the next challenge, “The Throwdown.” In this elimination round, the competing artists will be tested on their stamina, strength and efficiency as they create a large-form piece or mural in hard to reach locations and under harsh conditions. Joining BUA on the judges’ panel is the Director of Pop International Galleries, Lauren Wagner, who brings a fresh perspective to the competition and demonstrates that there is an ability to merge the gallery and street art worlds together.

The Judges

Justin BUA; Executive Producer, Host and Co-Judge
    Twitter: @JustinBUA
    Instagram: @JustinBUA
    A groundbreaking, award-winning artist for over 20 years, Justin BUA began his career in the world of commercial art, designing and illustrating a myriad of projects from sports opening sequences and CD covers to video games and advertising campaigns. He is internationally known for his best-selling collection of fine art posters and has a vast list of clients including brands such as Target and Nike, as well as prominent figures such as former President Bill Clinton and Eva Longoria. Recently, BUA was appointed to the prestigious Citizens’ Stamp Advisory Committee (CSAC), which evaluates all stamp proposals received by the United States Postal Service. In June 2013, BUA became the first artist to launch an online school with ArtistWorks, allowing beginning and advanced students around the world to study his curriculum and interact one-on-one through video exchange.

Lauren Wagner; Co-Judge
    Twitter: @laurenwagnernyc
    Instagram: @Lwags2
    An expert in the exhibition of artists across various platforms with over a decade of experience, Lauren Wagner is the Director of Pop International Galleries. After graduating from Wagner College with a Bachelor of Science in Arts Administration, she went on to study at Johns Hopkins University to get her Master of Arts in Museum Studies. While working in Miami, she built up her clientele to over 60 of the city's most talented artists across various galleries and exhibitions. In 2012, Wagner switched to the profitable art market of Manhattan where she oversees two locations. With a deep interest in pop and urban art, Wagner has a unique ability to build intelligent and up-and-coming collections for her clients and galleries.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Re: Street Art Throwdown Oxygen Tuesdays @ 9 pm ET/PT

This is a good show, I like it.
    Maveno likes this.

Caged Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Meet the contestants:

Annie Preece “Love Annie” – San Francisco, CA
    Twitter: @foureyedannie
    Instagram: @anniepreece

Cameron Moberg “Camer1” – Santa Maria, CA
    Twitter: @camer1sf
    Instagram: @camer1sf

Ivan Preciado “Gath” – San Bernardino, CA
    Twitter: @TheWalkinGiant
    Instagram: @TheWalkinGiant

Jenna Morello – Kinnelon , New Jersey
    Twitter: @JennaMorello
    Instagram: @JennaMorello

Kristin Adamczyk “SpecialK” – Sterling Heights, MI
    Twitter: @ashleyfaiith
    Instagram: @adamnchick

“Ladie One” – Miami, FL
    Twitter: @Ladieone_Hbkz
    Instagram: @Ladieone_Hbkz

“LEBA” – South Bend, IN
    Twitter: @IamLeba
    Instagram: @leba

Marley Miner-Davis “Marley Billie D” – Saint Louis, MO
    Twitter: @Marley_Billie_D
    Instagram: @MarleyBillieD

Solomon Perry “Grimnasty” – Nashville, TN
    Twitter: @grimnasty1
    Instagram: @grimnasty1

Vanessa Espinoza “Agana” – Oakland, CA
    Twitter: @dj_agana
    Instagram: @dj_agana

So do I jaytwo!

I was FINALLY able to catch'm all on Demand. Love the whole concept. Also, they (producers) aren't showing inner arguments and crap like that. It's purely about the art!
    agamergirl and jaytwo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    So do I jaytwo!

I was FINALLY able to catch'm all on Demand. Love the whole concept. Also, they (producers) aren't showing inner arguments and crap like that. It's purely about the art!
    Exactly! And there are some really incredible artists on there. I hope they do another one, and soon!! I don't want to wait an entire year.
    Maveno likes this.

Derek is the best!!! Fanny Mare's Avatar

I cant find it..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I cant find it..
    They showed a movie, "The Back-up Plan" before the 9 o'clock episode. Hope you find it Fanny, it's a really good show.

Derek is the best!!! Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    They showed a movie, "The Back-up Plan" before the 9 o'clock episode. Hope you find it Fanny, it's a really good show.
    We don't get it.. Always ticks me off when I just know I will like something ( oh well) thanks for you help..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Leba should not have been sent home, IMO. I am sorry to see him go. Ladie One is not nearly as good an artist and should have been sent home.

Totally agree with you! Leba was great with the street art, yes the Dare poster sucked..but.. that's not spray painting. I was sorta annoyed they even had that as a competition.

I really thought Leba woulda been one of the finalists.
    jaytwo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast