+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Love, Lust or Run

FORT Regular

Love, Lust or Run

This spin-off of What Not to Wear is a total fake. They have to be hiring people to dress up like that. Not buying it, nope.
    And when is Stacey going to get over the idea that the way for fat people to look thin is to "war a belt." Are you kidding me?!
    Debb70 likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Love, Lust or Run

Quote Originally Posted by krmujn View Post
    This spin-off of What Not to Wear is a total fake. They have to be hiring people to dress up like that. Not buying it, nope.
    And when is Stacey going to get over the idea that the way for fat people to look thin is to "war a belt." Are you kidding me?!
    Have you never been to Walmart? LOL.

I did watch a couple of episodes last night, because I used to enjoy "What Not to Wear." This, not so much. Although the transformation of the green-eyebrowed Goth girl was pretty remarkable.
    JosephD likes this.
    FoRT friend you are most likely to meet up with, wherever you live!
    So far: Jezebella, Punkin, Momrek06, Ellen, JLuvs, Pikachu, Cornholio
    Working on: Everybody else!

FORT Regular

All of them have to be more attractive than what they are showing up as..
    All things considered tho, total fake.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

The characters are over the top so I do wonder if people pushed the envelope to get on the show....but I do like Stacy and the end results have been good for everybody.

Jax

I love Stacy so I had high hopes for this even though the previews left me wondering. Now having seen one, I am no longer wondering. Stacy is way too good for this show and I hope she finds something else besides this. They do not even spend enough time on finding the clothes and doing the makeover. It's all about the drama of these women in horrible outfits.

So did this just start? I came across it by chance last night and watched a bunch of episodes. They were fun, but I did wonder where she found all of the "over the top" people. Especially since all of them were beautiful once they got the makeup off.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I don't know, I think it was Harmony who really didn't want to take her make-up off and kept covering her face, she seemed real.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I just watched this for the first time last night. I loved "What Not to Wear" -- in fact, I saw an ad for this show while watching a rerun of WNTW last week.

But I agree with most of you about the dress of the people she's helping being too over the top. I don't doubt that they can find people dressed like that on the street, but it seems unlikely that most of them would dress like that all the time.

Unless the audience they're trying to attract is people who dress in outlandish costumes, I don't see what's in it for me. I'm not learning anything from this show. On WNTW, the focus was on one person in an hour. This one does two people in a half hour. Take away commercials and the before and after people-on-the-street interviews, and there's probably only 10 minutes at the most devoted to each person.

Very disappointing...I won't be watching again.
    Jax likes this.

FORT Fan

I am just warming up to Stacy...may be because these characters on the new show really do need help but she always seemed to be an 'over the top bossy girl' on What's not to wear....I think anyone with even a little fashion sense could do her job...where did she come from anyway. and I do agree...the belt think no no no...there are styles that bring in your waist and shap naturally.
    Girl/Women need to look in their own backyard for Self Confidence and if they really insist on dressing GOTH like , Baby like, Freeky like their options in life will be limited anyway.

FORT Fogey

I liked Stacy on THE VIEW. I would think that she might be a good addition since fashion is a topic that has never been addressed there....and maybe a needed one. Can you see Stacy doing a make over on Whoppie? She is right up there on bizarre clothing choices.
    Kip likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast