+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: Fashion Police on E!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Fashion Police on E!

I can't believe that after all these years, we haven't had a thread for Fashion Police. Well, all I can say now is, there's a newly revised Fashion Police, and it's great!!!

I LOVED Joan Rivers and will always miss her, and I will probably always think of her when I watch the new Fashion Police. And Kathy Griffin's premier last week as the host of the new Fashion Police was a teeeeeeny bit uncomfortable, BUT NOW THE SHOW IS REALLY BACK!!!, and for me, IT'S AS GOOD AS (OR EVEN BETTER) than ever. I love the new easiness and humor and camraderie between all 4 of the stars that's different than the old Fashion Week. Before, it was Joan and the panelists, but now Kathy, Giulianna, Kelly and Brad seem like 4 great friends hanging out together talking bout fashion. And speaking of Brad, I love his being on this show. George was great on the old show, but Brad brings a special charm (and fashion knowledge) of his own that's a great fit for the new show.

Just loved it, and can't wait for the next episode!!!
    mountaingirl70 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Fashion Police on E!

I think in the past we just talked about Fashion Police in other threads. I thought we did have a Fashion Police thread but when I went looking, I only found a thread for Joan and Melissa. It talked about Joan's stint on the Apprentice and her Red Carpet stuff. Thanks so much for starting a dedicated thread for Fashion Police!

I don't know how long Fashion Police had been on when I started watching it but it quickly became must-see tv for me. I didn't always agree with Joan and her crew on the best or worst looks but I found their comments fascinating.

I'm really not a celebrity-watcher. I don't buy People or any other fan or celebrity magazines and I haven't watched award shows in a long time so I'm out of touch with who's who. It amazes me that Joan and them can remember what stars wore to different events and can guess who the celebrity is from behind.

I had disliked Joan while I was growing up because her humor was too biting for me but I felt like she toned it down in later years (or else I just had gotten more used to it) so I thought she was great on Fashion Police.

I did see an episode of the new Fashion Police with Kathy Griffin and she did a great job! She had big shoes to fill and I wasn't sure if she could do it but she did. I'm glad that she just came in as herself and didn't try to become a mini-Joan.

I do miss George but as you said Brad brings a whole other aspect to the show with his insider knowledge so I think I'm really going to like him.

I still wish Kelly would get rid of that awful purple hair!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Current Pools: DWTS 20, Face Off 8, Survivor 30, The Amazing Race 26, The Voice 8
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2015: The FORT's Amazing Spreadsheet Wizard & Avatar Artist

FORT Fogey

I adore Joan Rivers. Her humor is biting and it can be harsh, but it was rooted in a place that spoke of humility, i.e. no one is above the other. Those who took it harshly are the most insecure and vain of the bunch.

I did tune in for part of the new season with Kathy Griffin. I was a little worried because while I think Joan's biting humor is funny, I don't think Kathy's rises to that level. I like her, but I just don't find her that funny. However, watching the show, I think she toned it down significantly and I was happy about that.

Brad is a good addition and seems to work with the current bunch, but...I miss George.

I wish for the best for George. I read that he works with Melissa McCarthy and has a clothing line coming out.

Joan's death was hard for all 3 of the co-hosts.
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-26-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    Moontat and Imperfect1 like this.

I think Kathy is the perfect person to fill Joan's spot. I like Brad, but can anyone tell me why George did not return? Was it his choice, or someone else's?

I missed most of the SAG awards last night, so I'm looking forward to watching FP to catch up. I did see that Keira Knightly greatly improved over her Golden Globe fashion debacle.

FORT Fogey

I tried to find more info about George's departure. I found a link (lost now!) that made me think he was intentionally replaced - just for new energy or something. He was quoted as saying something like he'll miss the show but he had 4 great years with Joan and it changed his life.

I miss George. I miss it being on Friday nights. It was my Friday night go to, to relax and laugh.
    pikachu, Jexter, mika06 and 1 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kathy drooled over Joan Collins. I didn't realize that Joan Collins is 81 yrs old. OMG! Her legs looked great.
    jucamer likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just watched last week's show on demand, and they are funny together. what a good team.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Newbie

Joan Collins was the only one wearing hose which always makes the legs look better. However, I don't understand why they loved that dress. I thought it was awful.
    Moontat likes this.

I am brand spanking NEW to FP!

I really enjoyed the SAG AWARDS show!

I totally agree with Brad on Emma Stone being best dressed!

BUT I thought worst dressed was 'Crazy Eyes' from OITNB! Eek!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast