+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Rock This Boat (Pop)

Rock This Boat (Pop)

Rock This Boat on Pop (formerly TVGN) follows a few different people on the New Kids on the Block Cruise, Wednesday nights at 8pm.

We have a housewife from Ohio, 2 sisters from Seattle, 3 sisters from Ohio?, 2 best friends from Philly, and a couple that will be getting married on the cruise (and her 3 best friends/bridesmaids)

I am living vicariously thru this show. I have known about the cruise for a couple of years but don't have the money (or friends) to go. Maybe one day Ill hit the lottery and get to go! I feel lucky to at least get to one of their concerts a year.

My hubby would NOT go for getting married on this cruise, so more power to that guy that is doing it!

Anyone else watching? Thoughts?
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:The FoRT's Best Little Sister And Social Media Mogul

Re: Rock This Boat (Pop)

Thanks for the heads up about this show, AmyKay! First of all I know nothing about Boy Bands and always wondered about your avi if there were any Boy Bands still together. I remember NKOTB and maybe a couple of others, but I was never a fan (well, maybe N'Sync 'cause I like R&B). I always assumed Mark was in NKOTB because he was called Marky Mark before he went into acting. Then when I would hear it was Donny I was confused. I think you are the one who explained that to me today in the "Donny loves Jenny" thread. But, even yet, I thought you were talking here about a group of younger guys who had taken over the group. I had no clue whatsoever that Donnie and the original group were still doing their thing!

So the reason I checked it out was because it's a CRUISE, and I am all about cruises! But this turned out to be a cruise like none I've ever seen. This show was the biggest surprise to me. I loved it! The wild and crazy fandom and delirious happiness were absolutely contagious! I love Donny and Mark as actors, but I found myself getting all excited with the fans to see him on the ship! As many ship-out parties as I have been to, I have never seen anything even loosely close to this party! EVERYBODY on board is there together for one big fan party. It was so much fun to watch. Can't wait to see the next episodes that I have set on my DVR.

AmyKay, you just must go on their next cruise! You can set up one of those fund raising things and I'll donate! I'll bet a bunch of those super fans who go on the cruises would too!
    AmyKay likes this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

I haven't seen the show, but may check it out. Are you saying that Donnie is on there? Man, if so, that makes about 4 tv shows he's on right now! lol
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Four shows, and at least three of them are on Wednesday nights!
    Punkin likes this.

I may overdose on some Wahlbergs soon! lol That's okay. He can rock this boat! lol

They are still a great looking group of guys! On The View in 2013.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL53JzBHqvA
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-15-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    AmyKay likes this.

I can never get too much Donnie NKOTB and BSB are still together, tho the guys also do solo projects (Jordan from NKOTB and Nick from BSB went on tour this summer as Nick&Knight). and yes all 5 New Kids are on the boat. I have never been on a cruise but would love to. I know that from going to the concerts that it would be SO much fun, maybe even be a better chance to meet other "blockheads" since its more than one night. I cry at the concert, I might not make it thru the cruise lol. There are theme parties every night, girls decorate their cabin doors (if a guy sees one they like they usually stop by, like Donnie does in the preview), the boys also do some things separate (like Donnie's VIP party).
    Yes Donnie is on 3 shows on Wed (this, Wahlburgers, Donnie loves Jenny) and Friday (blue Bloods). Joey McIntyre is also on the McCarthys on Thursdays (I gave up on that a while ago), and Jonathan will soon be on the Amazing Race.
    on the NKOTB front there is rumored to be a tour announcement (with TLC and Nelly!) next week
    (Can you tell Im obsessed?)
    Last edited by AmyKay; 01-15-2015 at 06:19 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

I think I'm starting to understand you, AmyKay. :>) I mean the "I love Boy Bands" avi always confused me. Not now!
    AmyKay and AcookerTV like this.

Maybe MAN bands is a better term lol? And dont get it twisted I do not like ALL boy bands. I am NOT a One Direction fan (Sorry JosephD)

Oh, I get it. I was a boy band fan from my early childhood. As an adult I graduated to liking more mature bands, but I get it. It's so fun! Being in the audience with all the other fans....OMG. It's wonderful. It's difficult to describe. As Robert Plant said, "We are like a tribe!"
    AmyKay likes this.

Oh, the wedding was wonderful! I'm so glad I ran into this thread when the series started, AmyKay! I have had such a good time watching it! I am a big Donny Whalberg fan, but was a little too old to fall into the Boy Band craze when it was around. Well, I'm a NKOTB fan now! They are infectious and their fans are great. I started watching the show because I love cruising, but this cruise is like none I've ever done. Thanks for turning me on to this happy, fun show!
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast