+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree1437Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

I didn't expect her to lose any weight because I don't think she has any idea how to and I don't think she had made the commitment to do it either. Intensive exercise helps but it requires more.
    Critical likes this.

I'm a little confused because on one of her FB photos she has on a I'm No Angels t-shirt that was a gift from Lane Bryant and she looks much smaller, however, on a Twitter photo taken in April, she doesn't look any smaller, so I don't know what to think.

She doesn't look smaller to me. I'm pretty sure it's just the magic of a black t-shirt and the right angle.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Maybe so. I think she'll be honest about it. I mean, it's up to her if she wants to lose weight. I worry about her health, but even if she doesn't lose weight, I'll still enjoy her show. I think. If her health is suffering and she is denial, that might bother me.

I think her health IS suffering and I believe she IS in denial. That's what bothers me about her and the show.
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

New season September 9th!

I will say watching the commercial, it does not appear that Whitney has lost any weight since last we saw her.

Oh no.
    KAREN

I saw it too. I wonder when it was filmed. She's had time to lose some weight. If she hasn't, then I wonder how she will explain it.
    momrek06 likes this.

As she's said many times, it's hard for people with pcos to lose weight. Has she explored the possibility of getting gastric bypass? Looking forward to the new season. I hope she's matured some.

PCOS makes it more difficult to lose weight but NOT impossible. There are plenty of slender women with PCOS (I know a few). IMO, Whitney is using it as an excuse. Having seen the previews, it looks like she's gained more weight since last season.

What Whitney doesn't mention is that losing weight lessens the symptoms of PCOS. If she lost even 10% of her body weight, she's have an easier time of it. Losing weight with PCOS does require discipline and that doesn't seem to be something Whitney has much of. While it looks like she's going to move out of her parents' house, she's still terribly immature.

Not sure if I'm going to watch this season or not. I may check out the first episode and see how I feel. If Whitney is still making excuses, then I don't think I can watch.
    Lizard and AZChristian like this.

I thought the episodes were filmed last winter with the intent of airing them this summer. So maybe not much time went by.

She's in a difficult situation, making it even more important that she really wants to lose *and* she knows how to do it, because it's not just about calories. I doubt she knows how, and really wanting to lose seems to go against the idea of celebrating "my big fat fabulous life".

Her parents were the best part of the show. If she moves out I wouldn't expect us to see so much of them.

+ Reply to Thread