+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree1441Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

The finale two shows revealed a lot more about Whitney, as did the after show called The Skinny. lol

Whitney actually lived abroad for quite a few years. She taught English in Korea for 3 years and she also lived in Europe after graduating from college. So, I think she is capable of being independent. I hope to see more of that next season.

They did announce she has been renewed and will be back with Season Two this summer! I'm happy about it anyway.

On the After show, she told the TLC producer that she had a handle on the weight loss and was addressing it. The pre-diabetes scare must have really gotten her attention.

She appears to be very immature, but I still find her humorous and inspirational. What I do await is for her to lose a lot of weight and then give the real story. I don't think she will continue to say she is happy being that large.

Was it disclosed what the diagnosis of pre-diabetic was based on? Just fasting glucose (which isn't enough to rule out diabetes)? A1c (which is just an average, doesn't tell you extremes so still not really enough to rule out diabetes)? Anything else?

Pre-diabetes was a classification created years ago to help people deal with the stigma of a diagnosis of diabetes, such as the possibility it might cost you your job. It's usually more accurately described as early diabetes.

I don't know exactly what test they used. I doubt it was an A1C, since it was mailed to her. Most of the Endocrine medical offices that I am aware of have the A1C test on site and they can tell you what that is in a just a few moments.

I know that I was shocked when she was talking about how she never had any issues with her blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar in the beginning of the episode. I don't understand how that is possible. Granted, when I was younger, my blood pressure was 100/70 almost every single time it was checked by a doctor. This lasted until I was in my 40's. Of course, I was thin during most of that time too.

FORT Fan

If she's never had health issues, why is she in a program at Duke Medical?
    Trust Me!

Debb, my A1C is mailed to me. Perhaps my doctor can do it inhouse, but as far as I'm concerned, it's almost always better to insetad send samples to a professional lab.

As far as I know, PCOS is a marker for insulin resistance. Fat tissue, especially when morbidly obese, is also very active and hormonal in nature. She can't claim to never have had health issues, and if she's so surprised at a pre-diabetes diagnosis then I don't think she understands much of anything about PCOS or obesity.

Duke Medical gives me some hope that perhaps she's getting decent medical assistance now.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    If she's never had health issues, why is she in a program at Duke Medical?
    She said she ended up at Duke, because she wasn't getting answers about a condition she had. She was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. I suppose she continued under their care. I don't know which department. I was assuming the Endocrine Dept. since she called it an Endocrine disorder. That department also treats diabetes. I don't have PCOS, but Type I diabetes and I see the UNC Endocrine Dept at UNC hospitals. They do a GREAT job. I would think Duke would too, so I hope they get her going on her quest.

FORT Regular

This show has been on for a whole season now & I was hoping to see her lose a little of this weight. I don't see any evidence of that, at all. She's wasting the best year of her life.

Have they started a new season already? I haven't seen any new episodes and in fact, I haven't been seeing them rerun them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Have they started a new season already? I haven't seen any new episodes and in fact, I haven't been seeing them rerun them either.
    I have not heard a new season starting up yet, Debb, BUT on her FB page she has posted about a SPECIAL airing THIS SUNDAY on May 10th @10pm.

I believe its a MOTHER's DAY SPECIAL!
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

Thanks! Right after I posted here, I saw a preview for a Mother's Day Special! I hope to check out.

+ Reply to Thread