+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree1441Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

I finally got to watch some episodes this weekend. Love the parents. I don't think Whitney has any idea what it will take to lose weight. The thing about all that physical activity is it "works up an appetite", and then you often eat more to make up for it. She's clueless. And also entitled. She's using the PCOS as an excuse, when what she needs is the help of a doctor (drugs can help with the insulin resistance) and a nutritionist (certainly based on the nonsense in the grocery store scenes). I don't see any sign that her parents understand that and they're her best hope. She's entertaining the notion of losing weight because the physical ramifications scare her but apparently not the health ramifications. She said you can be fat and fit. I doubt that's true for someone her size and it won't be on banana mayonnaise sandwiches. She's dancing hard because she enjoys it but there is no commitment yet to losing weight.
    Critical likes this.

I think the dog's grave scene was staged and Whitney was the only one who couldn't keep a straight face. Her parents are pretty good actors. I also think a fair amount of their complaints about her are over played for entertainment purposes, though they probably have a good basis. She isn't super neat, but not totally messy either, but it makes for some laugh. If she really wasn't doing her share, she should get put out. But, who are we kidding. She's spoiled rotten. I still like her though. I hope she proves that she can lose weight and shows it off on a finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think the dog's grave scene was staged and Whitney was the only one who couldn't keep a straight face. Her parents are pretty good actors. I also think a fair amount of their complaints about her are over played for entertainment purposes, though they probably have a good basis. She isn't super neat, but not totally messy either, but it makes for some laugh. If she really wasn't doing her share, she should get put out. But, who are we kidding. She's spoiled rotten. I still like her though. I hope she proves that she can lose weight and shows it off on a finale.
    With moldy dishes in her room and BAGS of garbage in her car, yeah, I don't think anyone could accuse her of being "super neat."
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've found the best thing is my treadmill. Even if I don't make it to the gym or able to do something outside, the treadmill is always here.

I totally hear you about the gym! My gym bans cell phones, but people still use them. It's intimidating and dangerous. Needless to say my gym is lax on their own policy....

Whitney DOES have a great attitude...it's refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    We did at one point but not anymore. Couple gyms and the Y now. And not everyone is mean at the gyms but the reality is enough are that it's insanely uncomfortable to go there. I've noticed in my recent fat time it apparently become all the rage or at least socially acceptable to shame people in public by making comments about them.

Honestly my worse nightmare is to end up as a picture on twitter or one of those other websites. Like people of walmart or shaming people on airplanes or there's some for people at the gym too.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

FORT Fan

I LOVE THIS GIRL......! she's inspirational !
    Debb70 and somegoodname like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Just switched over to this for a few minutes last night so Mr. C could watch it, as I've mentioned it to him a couple of times.

We saw the scene where they have a one-year memorial service for the dog that passed away. I think the dressing in black and standing in the rain was a bit over-dramatic, but having lost a beloved dog a year and a half ago, I was tearing up . . . until Whitney burst out laughing. Her behavior was rude and - as I've said before - she comes across as self-centered and manipulative.

It's been a year and she still hasn't completed the dog's marker? What else does she do all day, other than dance, shop, go out with friends? She spends no time at all on things that she doesn't want to do . . . like whatever her parents want her to do (keep her room tidy, clean the moldy food out of her car).

She is a 30-year-old woman with the maturity of a 12-year-old. And she's morbidly obese because she eats too much . . . not because of PCOS. Yes, it can cause weight gain. But eating less (and eating healthier) will cause weight loss. It's not rocket science. But it's easier to blame PCOS than to take responsibility. She said she was 100+ plus pounds in the sixth grade. She didn't have PCOS then.

I wish her luck . . . maybe her next TV gig will be on "My 600-Pound Life."
    Punkin likes this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fan

I just saw a preview of next weeks show...it looks like Whitney get a health scare from her Dr.... this sounds scary and very sad.
    as far as exercise goes.....DANCE to me is the most effective way to loose weight and have fun...speed walking in addition is good as well...but whenever I put on music, my favorites of course....I just move move move ! arms, legs, waist and hips all toned at the same time....I taught fitness for years...back when Dancercise was the now Zumba....showing my age...but it still works for me..

dance dance dance...endorphin enforcing for sure !
    Debb70 likes this.

Kind of getting into this show a little more. Tonight was the season finale and she finds out she's pre-diabetic and acts like its a death sentence. Really! I'm diabetic and its not the end of the world. Shes got a great personality but very immature. It's like she's stuck at 16 yrs old. Why doesn't she get gastric bypass? As active as she is, the weight would just fall off.

Not with her PCOS it won't. She can lose weight, but it will never "just fall off."

It's her immaturity that bothers me. She'd have a great personality if she was 16. Not so much for a 30-year old.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's her immaturity that bothers me. She'd have a great personality if she was 16. Not so much for a 30-year old.
    I did initially like the show .... but I had to pull away for the same reasons ^^^^ above.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread