+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1606Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

When I was a size zero, I would not be caught dead sitting in any shop wearing only my underwear, but that's just me! LOL

Heather needs to move on. Buddy does not want to be with her anymore. Is Buddy the only man in Greensboro? Confused, why this is such a big deal. I get she's hurt, but who hasn't been hurt or blindsided? Who hasn't hurt someone themselves? Wonder if BooBear and Whitney have a plan, if they're both single at 40, they'll marry each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmom View Post
    I'm on Todd side too. It isn't even in the same place as she had it so really I think it is his class now. She doesn't want to compromise either.

Can't believe she sat out on the couch in her underwear at the bridal shop. Did they close the shop down just for them, still it was weird . Heather was married before so not sure why she was crying trying on the dress.

Don't really understand the Heather /Buddy thing. Break or don't I don't care.

If Whitney isn't happy no one is happy on this show...lol Can't believe she is stalking all these girls either.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

She's not a very good judge of character is she...or maybe she's just extremely gullible. I don't know. But she wears her heart on her sleeve and falls too hard too fast. Still don't know what they were thinking going to try on wedding dresses. I get that she has no body shame but how bout a little bit of modesty? I'm sure Babs taught you better.
    Punkin and jenniferboston1 like this.

FORT Fanatic

Wow talk about getting into everyone elses business. I think Whitney made everyone feel worse instead of better.

Who thought it was a great idea to go on a hike, Nada couldn't barely walk in the airport. Whitney was terribly touchy with someone she just met too.

I forgot her parents had that pig. I don't get the whole pet pig thing anyway. They are not clean animals and get so big. Is Hunter now living at home? He chased down the pig and was at the dinner table last week.

So over the Todd and the big girl dance class thing. Whitney seems to busy stalking girls to do a class anyway.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

I believe the pig is one of the smaller pot-bellied varieties, so it might not get any taller. It wouldn't be welcome in my garden! It does do well on a makeshift leash. A pig that snaps at Twit can't be all bad, so maybe I'll warm up to him.

Glenn and Babs want to get the show back to Whitney pretending to lose weight and pretending to exercise. Whitney of course knows nothing about this. She's had her ice cream binge and southern comfort carb binge, so she should be ready to dive back into the depths of deprivation, LOL.

I was literally like WTF about the ice cream party. You're 'trying' to be healthier and lose weight and you're wolfing down ice cream? How about a cup (not a bowl) of low calorie fro yo with fruit instead of high sugar, high calorie toppings? I expect Whitney may be a candidate for it's sister show on TLC, 600lb life. Dr. Now would kick her butt instead of coddling her like a child.
    Punkin and agamergirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Dr. Now would kick her butt instead of coddling her like a child.
    And isn't this exactly what we all want to see?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I was literally like WTF about the ice cream party. You're 'trying' to be healthier and lose weight and you're wolfing down ice cream? How about a cup (not a bowl) of low calorie fro yo with fruit instead of high sugar, high calorie toppings? I expect Whitney may be a candidate for it's sister show on TLC, 600lb life. Dr. Now would kick her butt instead of coddling her like a child.
    Even just a cup of the regular stuff--sans toppings--would be better than a huge bowl. The whole thing reminds me of when her father tried to help her by buying those proportional containers and she basically laughed at his efforts. She just has no notion of proportion size at all and doesn't seem to care to learn. I also rolled my eyes all the way into the back of my head when Babs said that Whitney looked healthy to her but could probably stand to lose a few pounds--and then admitted that she'd probably get her head bitten off for saying so. It's like they're all afraid to tell Whitney the truth and let the chips fall where they may. If her parents think looking for a new 5k for her is going to solve anything, they're wrong. She's not going to do it if she doesn't want to, and she's showing no signs of wanting to do such a thing. If they want to motivate her, they need to stop enabling her. If she can't depend on them to help her constantly--and if people like Tal would realize that they're not really helping her in the long run by rushing in to take care of her--she might realize how much more she could do for herself if she were a more reasonable size. And I'm not even talking about an appropriate BMI for her height. I'm talking about a size where she doesn't need help shaving her legs.

I'm also starting to wonder how much of her emotional upset has just become a way for her to get the attention and enabling she craves. I'm not saying it's necessarily deliberate but that it's just become habit because it works so beautifully for her. For instance, she appeared at her parents' house all in tears over Avi, and then the moment her father created an awkward metaphor to try and explain to her that she would get over it and be able to trust again, she immediately got snarky with him, going from tears over Avi to laughing at her well-meaning father in a nano-second. I think she also treats her father differently because she knows he's the one who is most likely not to jump to her defense immediately and to try and get her to admit that she might occasionally be wrong.

As for her expecting to sleep with Nala in the same bed, that was just dumb. First, in a house that size, she doesn't have at least one guest room? I don't have a large house nor did I grow up in one, but I have a spare bedroom. And before I did, when I was in an apartment, I took the couch and gave up my bed if I had a guest. I never, ever expected to plop into a bed with an adult friend or relative who was used to sleeping in her own bed, as I was in mine, much less someone I just met from another country where, as Nala said herself, they are more modest. I mean, sure if it were an emergency or something, and you had to make due, but Whitney knew she was coming, had invited her to stay with her, and didn't think about what would be most comfortable for her guest? But then, why am I surprised? She doesn't think about not burdening her parents, who are dealing with Babs getting over a stroke, with her every problem either. Way too often for my tastes, Whitney behaves like an overgrown toddler---Mommy/Daddy fix my problems when I cry; Todd, even if I gave you my dance class to teach when I didn't want it, it was still mine and now that I want it back it doesn't matter that I gave it to you in the first place, it's still mine; if I'm unhappy, everyone better rush to my assistance or I'll have another panic attack; if I want ice cream, I WANT ICE CREAM! A GREAT BIG BOWL OF IT! AND CEREAL! RIGHT NOW!

It really isn't about body image anymore, if it ever truly was. It's just about Whitney indulging herself and expecting everyone else to indulge her as well, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to watch and not at all entertaining.

It's not a very large house. Buddy lives there, and I believe Donna as well. There may not be any bedrooms left over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It's like they're all afraid to tell Whitney the truth and let the chips fall where they may.
    Okay, I snorted at this one. You know there aren't ANY chips falling when Whitney is around.

I've become so tired of Whitney's nonsense. I fully expect to see her continue to decline and keep moving the goalposts in her life so that she can continue her delusion that she's perfectly fine and normal. She's going to continue to slowly kill herself and will whine and cry all the way. If Babs has had a stroke and she isn't obese, that doesn't bode well for Whitney.

Buddy's gotten so huge. I hadn't watched in a while and then caught a few minutes of last week's show. It seems Whitney's bad habits have rubbed off. Reminds me of a former co-worker of mine. When I knew her, she was obese, but not Whitney obese. Maybe a size 20 at 5'4". She met and married a guy who had a physique much like Buddy at the beginning of this series. They've now been married for 10+ years and she's well over 150 lbs larger than she was (so, maybe 375+) and he is as well. Their oldest child is maybe 7 and is already very chubby. You can't tell me this is genetics. I've seen how this woman eats. It reminds me of one of my dad's sayings: "They're all eating at the same trough." (he used to use it to refer to our family when we were all too heavy).

Why any woman finds Buddy alluring is beyond me. No, I don't find him physically attractive, but his personality isn't exactly electric. All he does is grumble and whine. What girl could resist, right?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Finally caught up on the last episode. Confused why Nada couldn't stay at a hotel? Maybe it's me, but I would MUCH RATHER stay at a hotel than put someone out. Room service, spa, pool vs Whitney's house. For me it'd be a no brainer.

Not judging, but don't know anyone who owns a house pig or an 'outside' pig for that matter. Not sure what the attraction is.

Buddy needs to MOVE OUT and get a life. Both Buddy and Whitney are too old to be roommates. It's not like Greensboro is Boston or New York. The rents/housing can't be that outrageous.

Still feel badly for Buddy's ex, but move on girl. He's not that much of a prize.

Whitney aka the stalker - if she spent that much time on a white board about her diet, lifestyle and exercise as she did about Avi, maybe she'd be in better health.
    Brooks, agamergirl and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread