+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2979119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1323
Like Tree1496Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

The premiere is available for streaming from TLCGo. I haven't finished it yet...looks like same-o same-o to me.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

I couldn't load TLCgo, not sure why! Have to wait for tonight's premiere.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

I don't see Whitney as confident. To me she's only confident when people are agreeing with her. As soon as someone disagrees, she withdraws into herself.

I would really like to see Whitney pull herself together, but I won't be watching the show unless she does. I'll check this thread to read all your comments on the chance that she should change.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

FORT Fogey

I see Whitney as incredibly enabled. I don't know how old she is, but she's out of college, takes a job, calls home when it gets too hard to be out on the road, and her friends immediately rush to drive many hours to get her and bring her home. Nobody tries to talk to her about the fact that she made a commitment to an employer and needs to think about what that does to him if she just walks out. Nobody tries to point out to her that it won't be forever, and that maybe she could work out something with that employer so she could come home for a brief visit to check on her mom. As for her friends getting pregnant or having problems and her not being able to be there for them, I'm sorry but that's life as a grown-up. Sometimes things are going on elsewhere that you'd like to be involved with and can't, even if they're really important things. Besides, I find it hard to believe that Whitney's just suddenly so concerned just as her rehearsals for the show start getting harder and more uncomfortable and she starts realizing that she might not be able to do that show over and over again every night. If that's a big part of it, then she needs to own up to that, not just pretend it's something else altogether. I am glad that at least her father pointed out that he was a bit disappointed that she chose to walk out on an opportunity that she had thought was such a big deal (until she found out it involved actual work and sacrifice on her part).

I switched back and forth while it was on, but I also don't get her hostility toward Todd. Every time she can't run her class because she's injured or away, she gets all pissy and possessive when the person left in charge starts including things she can't do or doing things other than the exact way she would do them. Honestly, it might be good for her students to see different approaches. They might benefit from them, and if they can do things she's not comfortable doing, they might get a better workout, too. None of the students actually seemed upset with Todd either. Just Whitney. And she seems to forget entirely that Todd was one of the two people who drove eighteen hours to rescue her big homesick butt.

I also really don't get the whole interest in converting to Judaism on the offhand chance that the guy she's seeing might ask her to marry him someday, and if he did, she wouldn't want to wait a whole year to do so. Geez, it's not like a year is that long to be engaged. A lot of people are engaged that long or even a bit longer because they want to plan a wedding, figure out where they're going to live as a married couple etc. I know a very sensible young woman who's going to have had a 19 month long engagement before she gets married this summer because she and her husband-to-be were both starting brand new careers, there was a wedding to be planned, a new home together to get ready etc. and they didn't want to rush and get harried and upset trying to do that when they both had new jobs.
    Brooks, AZChristian and JosephD like this.

Here's a thought. Whitney quitting the troop was a purely business decision. Either TLC wouldn't go on the road with her for a year (no story in it, or for other reasons) or being out of the TLC limelight for a year might cost Whitney her brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Here's a thought. Whitney quitting the troop was a purely business decision. Either TLC wouldn't go on the road with her for a year (no story in it, or for other reasons) or being out of the TLC limelight for a year might cost Whitney her brand.
    ...that and the fact that she just couldn't keep up with the choreography. She but off more than she could chew!
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

It hasn't started here yet. Next week. Wonder why?
    Lynda

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    ...that and the fact that she just couldn't keep up with the choreography. She but off more than she could chew!
    I think her inability to keep up was a big part of it--Whitney doesn't like it when she's confronted with the fact that she can't keep up because she's too heavy and out of shape to do so, despite her talk about being healthy at any size. In Whitney's case, she just isn't. But the possibility that it would cost her money and keep her off TLC may also have played into her decision, which they cast as not her decision, really, but Tal, who had to drive up with Todd to "rescue" her immediately. I thought the guy she was working for was, well, flakey, but he did hire her, and it's not really fair to him or the other dancers if she just suddenly quits. If Whitney were actually serious about moving forward with a dance career, ticking off someone who took something of a chance hiring her--she originally looked at it as her big chance--isn't going to help her land future jobs. She's going to end up looking as if she's someone upon whom choreographers can't count, and nobody wants an employee like that. There are lots and lots of dancers out there, including plus-sized ones, whom employers could hire instead of her and without the worry that they would suddenly up and quit when the going got tough or they wanted to be home with their family and friends.

I haven't seen the first hour yet (Whitney doesn't pre-empt NCIS for me) so I'm basing this on what others have said...

My theory that this was a business decision directly or indirectly involving TLC doesn't seem consistent with TLC funding a road team to cover Whitney. I mean how much money is TLC willing to put into following Whitney's every move in the hope it provides enough for a season's worth of episodes? So maybe the decision was made before Whitney joined the troop that she wouldn't be with them long.

Or could all of this have just been a re-enactment?

Whitney deserves for the public to believe what she puts out there (that she isn't physically or mentally or emotionally up to doing an intensive dance program and therefore no one else should take a chance on her), but what we're seeing might not have much to do with actual reality. Except, of course, for her not being physically or mentally or emotionally up to doing a great many things.
    Punkin likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    This would be the only thing that she's encountered in the last 10 years that she bit off but didn't chew . . . and swallow . . . multiple servings.

I was once over 100 pounds heavier than I am now, so I have a little experience with how weight loss and gain can affect people.

One of the things I did after losing the weight was to go into Sam's Club and pick up two 50-pound bags of dog food. Then I had Mr. AZC take a picture so I could show how much I had lost. But the thing is . . . I could barely pick it up, and I sure couldn't walk with it - not because of the bulkiness, but because of the sheer weight.

That's what the NitWhits on Facebook need to do. Pick up something that weighs 100 pounds more than they do, and try to walk around Sam's Club with it. Try dancing a couple of steps. And then continue to insist that Twit's weight doesn't keep her from doing things. That, of course, is impossible for lots of them; they have to use the electric cart because they're already built like Twitney and can't walk to the dog food aisle on their own.
    Punkin, Brooks, Bearcata and 3 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread