+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2777117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1272
Like Tree1441Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

FORT Fogey

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

I couldn't believe she was sitting on the couch next to FM (not that he's all that, but still) with that black tape stuck to her head -- on HIS side! Why does she pull her hair back when she knows that will be visible? Stamina challenges aside, I assume he would expect her to look halfway "put together" if she's going to go on tour with him. Methinks the producers are giving poor Whit a bad edit this season...
    Nicksmom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I couldn't believe she was sitting on the couch next to FM (not that he's all that, but still) with that black tape stuck to her head -- on HIS side! Why does she pull her hair back when she knows that will be visible? Stamina challenges aside, I assume he would expect her to look halfway "put together" if she's going to go on tour with him. Methinks the producers are giving poor Whit a bad edit this season...
    what black tape????
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    what black tape????
    From her taped-in hair extensions.
    Jupiter likes this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I've read somewhere that when the Fitness Marshal goes on tour, he does two 1+ hour sessions per day. With Twitney this winded after 3 minutes, no way she'd be able to do a full hour without a break, unless they bill her as a "special guest dancer" for one dance.
    Good point. It wouldn't make sense for people to pay for a session if it only lasted a few minutes, and obviously Whitney can't dance for more than that by her own admission. We've heard her say that she can't dance full out for over that, and though from what I've seen of him, I don't think much of the Fitness Marshall's choreography, he does do his routines a lot more quickly than Whitney does. She'd never be able to keep up. I don't think that she'd do especially well touring either, unless she found additional enablers on her tour, and I doubt she would. In fact, I suspect some of the FM's current back-up dancers might feel resentful if Whitney were suddenly "featured" when she's capable of doing less and for a shorter period of time.

Of course, that does beg the question regarding Whitney's own dance classes: are they really worth whatever she (or the studio) charges for them, at least in terms of actual exercise? How often in the course of an hour do they take a break? How long are they actually dancing?
    agamergirl and FlyAKite like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Of course, that does beg the question regarding Whitney's own dance classes: are they really worth whatever she (or the studio) charges for them, at least in terms of actual exercise? How often in the course of an hour do they take a break? How long are they actually dancing?
    The "classes" are fake. From their website:

"How do I join Big Girl Dance Class? If you living in Greensboro, NC or the surrounding area, you are welcome to join Big Girl Dance Class. If class is being filmed that day, it is free of charge, but you must be over 18 years old and sign a release. If class is being filmed, the cost is $5.00 per person and all ages are welcome. All races, sexual orientations, and abilities welcome always! Check the calendar for upcoming classes!"

And on the Greensboro Dance Theatre website (where she pretends to have classes), every time her name appears on the schedule, it is:

"Whitney's Big Girl Class (new times) TBA"
    Brooks likes this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

So, Whitney's big dance career is $5 per person classes, when she bothers to hold them and provided they're not being taped, plus whatever she's gotten from her couple of videos here and there? Well, to be fair, that's about what I figured. Her career is being a TLC reality "star." The dance stuff is just the hook for the show.
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.

Whitney's dance career is about as real as Momma June losing all that weight by herself! Its just a lot of smoke and mirrors.
    agamergirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Heard this woman on "This American Life" the other day; turns out Twitney isn't the ORIGINAL originator of the fat acceptance movement after all... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindy_West

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Heard this woman on "This American Life" the other day; turns out Twitney isn't the ORIGINAL originator of the fat acceptance movement after all... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindy_West
    Well, NAAFA has been around a long, long time- much longer than Twit or Ms. West.

A Brief History of the Fat-Acceptance Movement - TIME
    sketcher likes this.

Anyone know if TLC has decided whether to do a fifth season?

+ Reply to Thread