+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1271
Like Tree1441Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

FORT Fanatic

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

How many times did we have to see Whitney running when she was going to the hospital...that was a long walk. I feel for Babs, I know I would have wanted to go home to my own house after that too.

I used to like Taul ? but when he made Todd feel bad because he made Whitney feel bad last week in New York.

So this guy just wants her in the video not for her moves but because she is famous. Todd and Whitney both said she barely moved. I knew the radio station wouldn't give her a job if the other one was back from maternity leave. Why would they. Does this mean we will not see that gang anymore?

Next week it looks like Buddy gets mad and walks off. I watched a bit of the second half of the show. Buddy was so much smaller. Didn't know they met in college and he delivered her pizza.
    Punkin and jenniferboston1 like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Here is the video of Twit with the Fitness Marshal guy. It's the most we've seen her move without the camera cutting away. But she moves less and less as the video continues . . . and her face gets redder and redder. How can you have a "dance career" when you can't lift your knees through an entire song?
    Punkin likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Here is the video of Twit with the Fitness Marshal guy. It's the most we've seen her move without the camera cutting away. But she moves less and less as the video continues . . . and her face gets redder and redder. How can you have a "dance career" when you can't lift your knees through an entire song?
    WOW AZChristian, you are a great detective ! You find the most interesting things that no one can hide from you

I watched the whole video of Whitney and after about 3 minutes you could tell she was really winded. I kept watching the guy and the 2 background dancers because they were great. Whitney had the dance memorized but her lower body sure doesn't move much.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

I had a question about that dance studio in what used to be Whitney's garage. Is that really enough space for a dance studio or is she just envisioning it as something for her personal use? Because I thought that if she's planning on teaching a class in there, it probably wouldn't be enough room and there would be other issues as well. Do any of her students typically shower after her class? If so, where would they do that? For that matter, if someone had to use the restroom, would she be okay with them trooping through her house to do that, since I doubt there's a bathroom in her garage. Would it even be legal to hold dance classes in her garage? I'm wondering about things like zoning laws and whatever laws might apply to dance studios themselves. I know very little about dance studios, but I just didn't think that garage looked big enough to hold a class in, though I suppose her BGDC doesn't really require that much room for movement. I'm not being catty (okay, maybe a little), but I'm thinking about how much room dancers who were going to do actual dance routines might need, as opposed to people who are just attending a light exercise dance class, and I can't imagine a garage being big enough for very many dancers to use at a time.

Incidentally, when Todd was dancing with Whitney, and she was upset with him for going rogue, so to speak, I think he was just acting out his frustration that whenever they dance together, the choreography has to be limited to what Whitney can do, and when he helps choreograph for her BGDC, he's again limited to what she can do (some of her students may well be able to move more easily than she can, but as Todd has pointed out in the past, Whitney needs to be the star). He can do more than that himself, and it must be frustrating to him that he's not doing it and that Whitney's getting so much attention for not doing all that much because she's become the spokesperson for being fit while fat (though, really, how fit is she when she gets winded walking across the street to get bagels?). I've got 25 years on Whitney, and I'm not terribly athletic, to put it mildly, and I bet I could work out for longer and at a higher resistance on an elliptical than she could and do so easily--and I can walk much more easily than she can, too.
    Brooks likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAKite View Post
    WOW AZChristian, you are a great detective ! You find the most interesting things that no one can hide from you

I watched the whole video of Whitney and after about 3 minutes you could tell she was really winded. I kept watching the guy and the 2 background dancers because they were great. Whitney had the dance memorized but her lower body sure doesn't move much.
    I agree that Whitney didn't do much at all except with her arms and that she did start to look winded. I can just imagine how Todd felt watching her get praised for doing so little, knowing that the Fitness Marshall selected her simply for the name recognition--I'm not being mean; he basically admitted that's why he wanted her in the video. It must bug him when she talks about her "dance career" too, since he actually has worked as a dancer, and realistically, she couldn't--not just because she's heavy but because she's not in good enough shape to dance longer than a few minutes at a shot, and professional dancers have to be able to do that. Heck whenever she talks about her dance career, I roll my eyes, and I'm not, nor have I ever been, a dancer--yet I think I probably could have learned that incredibly repetitive routine she did with the Fitness Marshall (though the music he chose would have driven me crazy, and I don't find him particularly appealing either--I'd rather work out with Will than him, provided Will would take into consideration that I have a legitimately screwed up shoulder and arm and thus have push-pull-lift weight limits that I could provide an orthopedic surgeon's note to verify).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I had a question about that dance studio in what used to be Whitney's garage. Is that really enough space for a dance studio or is she just envisioning it as something for her personal use? Because I thought that if she's planning on teaching a class in there, it probably wouldn't be enough room and there would be other issues as well. Do any of her students typically shower after her class? If so, where would they do that? For that matter, if someone had to use the restroom, would she be okay with them trooping through her house to do that, since I doubt there's a bathroom in her garage. Would it even be legal to hold dance classes in her garage? I'm wondering about things like zoning laws and whatever laws might apply to dance studios themselves. I know very little about dance studios, but I just didn't think that garage looked big enough to hold a class in, though I suppose her BGDC doesn't really require that much room for movement. I'm not being catty (okay, maybe a little), but I'm thinking about how much room dancers who were going to do actual dance routines might need, as opposed to people who are just attending a light exercise dance class, and I can't imagine a garage being big enough for very many dancers to use at a time.
    No dance studio I've ever encountered has a shower/locker room like a gym. There's usually a changing room and then an area for parents to sit while their kids are in class and for dancers to be when they aren't in class. Generally though, the changing rooms are pretty small. You just come ready to go and then you go home. If Whitney thinks she's going to run a business - much less teach dance classes - out of her house, she's probably going to find that a no-go. I'm sure there are all sorts of regulations and ordinances, not to mention insurance, that she has no idea about. A garage is definitely small enough for Whitney to "dance" in, since she doesn't actually move her feet. She just needs enough space to flail her arms around and not hit anything. A regular dance class where people actually dance and cover space on the floor? A garage is WAY too small.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    she doesn't actually move her feet. She just needs enough space to flail her arms around and not hit anything
    Jupiter likes this.

The garage would be sufficient for private or semi-privates, but I don't think it'd be worth it for her (financially).
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

That assumes she's paying for it. ;^)

I haven't watched all of that episode. Did she trash the resale value of the house, making it impossible to drive cars into the garage (maybe because of new flooring)?

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I've read somewhere that when the Fitness Marshal goes on tour, he does two 1+ hour sessions per day. With Twitney this winded after 3 minutes, no way she'd be able to do a full hour without a break, unless they bill her as a "special guest dancer" for one dance.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread