+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2575115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1271
Like Tree1441Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

FORT Fogey

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

I took a sort of mini-workshop in belly dancing once, because a friend didn't want to do it alone. It was just a single evening at a local Middle Eastern restaurant, followed by a buffet (which was great, as the restaurant owner and instructor said we had to take home what we couldn't eat, so I had the next day's meals as well). Anyway, I remember working up quite a sweat, and I'm considerably smaller than Whitney (not to be catty, but I would guess most of us are, since few women her height are her size). Either Whitney wasn't being worked as hard by her instructor as we were by ours or she didn't stay at it as long as we did (or I suppose both is possible as well).

Also, I'm guessing my late parents would have been very embarrassed if I had put on a fairly revealing belly dancing outfit and shimmied a foot or two away from them (everybody just wore workout clothes in the mini-course I took). Not that I would have wanted to do it anyway, but even though my parents were pretty liberal, I don't think they would have particularly enjoyed that, even if it were a "family-friendly" belly dance.

FORT Fogey

Is it just me or had anyone else not heard of this Fitness Marshall guy before the latest episode of MBFFL? I can't quite understand the huge excitement over him (I looked him up just to see whether he actually was popular, and it appears that he has at least enough supporters to be touring). Yes, he moves really quickly, and I imagine you'd get a workout just from the sheer speed at which the routines go, but the choreography didn't seem to be particularly interesting to me--certainly nothing I'd want to "steal." And, frankly, I thought the bunny hop thing was kind of embarrassing--and Whitney adding the "eating bunny" didn't help any.

I'm sure Todd will be crucified by Whitney's friends and followers, and in truth, he was being jealous, but honestly, I don't understand why more people around Whitney don't hit a breaking point with her. I suppose it's the nature of the beast--the television show, I mean--but she's always the center of attention. Always. And yes, some people likely don't give her "basic respect" because of her size, but there's no denying that since the show, she's also gotten tremendous opportunities that she likely wouldn't get if she weren't her size. In fact, she wouldn't have the show itself if it weren't for her size, and she's making a salary many people aren't because of that. The Fitness Marshall guy admitted that it was her at least partially her size that made him ask her to be in the video, but I'm sure the fact that she was there with her own video crew, taping for her own show, didn't hurt either--he knew if he used her in his video, he'd also be on her show and get additional exposure for himself and his videos. If Whitney were completely honest, she'd admit that, and I'm kind of surprised Todd didn't point that out to her. And she does depend on Todd for a lot of things, and she does push him to do things because she wants to do them, like the ballroom dance contest. In fact, didn't she sign him up for that without even asking him first? Maybe it wasn't so much that Todd was upset about this particular video as it was that it was just the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Todd, and others in Whitney's life, are constantly having to adjust to her interests and to her limitations (e.g. Todd would probably have been happy to walk around NYC, but Whitney can't do that), and it must get tiresome after a while. She also needs a lot of emotional support, but I don't really see her giving support to other people when they are upset about something. She may do that, but it's not included on the show, so she ends up coming off as self-involved.

I actually wish Todd would leave Whitney to handle the dance battle on her own, but I'm sure that if Babs is rushed to the hospital, all will be forgiven, and yes, in circumstances like that, friends do set arguments aside and should. But it's too bad that Whitney never seems to be left in the position where she realizes that maybe her actions can bother others upon whom she depends and she could be a little more understanding as to why they, too, would sometimes like to feel like they were the the "star" once in a while.
    Punkin, Brooks, agamergirl and 1 others like this.

I agree with every word, Tilden. And the show tonight doesn't even come on here for another hour! But it sure seems you have the core of this rather curious girl down pat! She's an ego driven manipulator, but she's gotten what she wants, hasn't she. When that body she purports to love starts breaking down on her, as it inevitably will, she'll probably still have a show with all the obesity related problems just so we can watch and yell, "WE TRIED TO WARN YOU, YOU IDIOT!!! Was it worth it?"

I honestly don't know if she will think it was worth it. Fame, you know.
    Lynda

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I've read elsewhere that Todd has lived at least part-time in New York for about 7 years, so walking around there wouldn't have been anything new to him.
    I'm Paula.

Given Will's endurance training, walking around NYC shouldn't have been a problem for Whitney either.

Stroking Todd's eyelashes while she was flashing foreplay? Just gross.

The Central Park scenes were beautiful. Peak of foliage season, which in NYC I wouldn't expect to be later than late October. The preview of Babs' emergency shows a lot of snow, and we know from Whitney's postings in January that it was very recent. So no true overlap of Babs and getting ready for the dance battle although it may well be edited that way.

I don't think it was jealousy for Todd nearly so much as being fed up with Whitney. AND I HOPE THAT WAS REAL!!

Whitney can't claim that life is so hard for her with so few opportunities because of her weight when she has made it screamingly clear that she wants to stay fat. We know she can lose gobs of weight, so it's truly her choice to be this way.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

I really don't think that she can claim that for her, personally, she's had few opportunities for fame and money because of her size. After all, I doubt that initial youtube video of her would have gotten so many hits had she been of a more average weight for her height. I'm sure there are people who react negatively to her because of her size and that that's painful, or that perhaps she's lost out on some possibilities for personal relationships because there are men who wouldn't be attracted to her because of her size, just as there are men who are for the exact same reason. But in terms of opportunities for recognition, jobs, money etc--no. Would she, say, have gotten a book contract if she were not as heavy as she is? No. Would she have gotten her show if she were not as heavy as she is? No. Would she have even gotten the video opportunity she got in this last week's show if she weren't as heavy as she is? No, because the guy in charge of the video told her as much. So, I can understand why Todd may finally have had enough. He has supported her and let her take the lead over and over again and listened to her complain about how hard she has it when she keeps getting opportunities most dancers of her caliber would not get (and yes, maybe she was able to do more dance moves when she wasn't as heavy, but let's face it--there are a whole lot of very talented dancers out there and not nearly as many really good jobs for them; even thinner, she might well not have gotten the kind of publicity/career she's gotten now if she were rated just on her dance ability). Maybe he finally just got tired of playing the role of her eternally supportive gay best friend, the guy who stands behind her telling her how wonderful she is and how mean the rest of the world is while she gets to indulge herself.

Incidentally, I'm sure there are people who have lost out on career opportunities because of their size. I just don't think Whitney is one of them.
    Punkin, Brooks, agamergirl and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

If things fall apart for her show as is, she can take a page out of Mama June's book and get an additional season showing her losing weight
    Punkin likes this.

I think Todd is fed up with Whitney as well. She seems so draining. "I am pregnant!" "I am bi-sexual!" "I AM working out!! REALLY I AM!"
    FlyAKite likes this.

FORT Fan

Nah, he's fine. She provides him with a nice paycheck.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Trust Me!

FORT Fogey

Sometimes you can get to the point where the money doesn't matter as much as it once did--and so far as I know, he doesn't have to worry about supporting anyone but himself, which makes it easier. If you have a bunch of dependents to support, the paycheck can seem much more significant.

+ Reply to Thread