+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2373113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1271
Like Tree1441Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

So TW won because twerking & humping the floor are apparently forms of 'dance'. Yeah, & they included kids too... winners all around.

It's all fake & set up, but they definitely could've made this episode more interesting at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

Buddy isn't all muscle.
    I was being sarcastic!
    Critical likes this.

Add this show to the other pack of losers sailing around the Reality TV moon.
    libgirl2 and woodiedog like this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Whitney surely has a lot of work to do to repair her inner self before she could even resemble a decent human being. I think that will be more difficult than fixing her "outside".
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Great. Now I get why BGD class lost the first dance battle. It was just so that they could try to set up another dance battle. I hope Gia turns her whiney butt down. Look, you didn't set up rules for the battle before you had it, which was just stupid. If you didn't want one judge to be able to dictate the win, then you should have made it simply two out of three judges and eliminated the scores altogether. If you didn't want kids involved, you should have made that clear (though the other team might not have wanted BGDC to include two guys or some obviously smaller, fitter women either). If you expected everyone to use the same music, you should have made sure everyone understood that's how it was going to work. She just needs to chalk the whole thing up to experience, learn from her mistakes, and move on, but that's not what they want for the "drama" of the show.

It was also "oh, so awfully convenient" that one of the judges who liked Whitney's team happened to show up on her first date with that poor guy, whom Whitney basically ignored once someone else showed up to stroke her ego. And seriously, Whitney, if you know you're a sweater (some people just are, and it doesn't always have to do with size either), and you know you're going salsa dancing on your first date, then don't wear a spaghetti strap glittery tank if you don't want the guy touching your sweaty body. Wear something with a short sleeve or a light gauzy shawl or even a 3/4 length sleeve very light weight top over the tank. Yeah, you might sweat through it, but at least there will be a layer between your sweaty body and the guy's hands, if that's a concern.

BTW, did they not check each other's profiles at all? He doesn't care for pets and she's not wild that he has kids. For both of them, that seems to be a deal breaker. Don't people usually indicate such things on their profiles for dating sites? I would certainly want to know if the guy had kids, and if he really couldn't handle being around my dog, that would be a problem, since I do a lot of activities, like therapy work, with my dog, and he's not going anywhere.

A screen shot of what Tal typed up for Whitney’s profile could be interesting. Because it probably didn’t include that every moment and banal utterance would be recorded for national amusement. On the other hand, not surprising that someone jumped on Whitney’s posting (if there even was a posting), considering everything about this show is scripted. In other words, Nathan must have been pre-selected. ;^) So what is he getting out of this?

Love that Whitney had to admit to Nathan that she’s used to being the one who leads during a dance, because although her profile presumably says she's a "strong, independent" woman, she likely omitted the part about controlling.

I’m impressed by Whitney’s endurance under Will’s tutelage.

What do you guys think Nathan's big secret is? I bet he's transgender.

FORT Fogey

He's an actor who was hired by the show's producers, and he's dating her to try and get his fifteen minutes of fame? Though that would hardly be a surprise, would it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    What do you guys think Nathan's big secret is? I bet he's transgender.
    Undoubtedly; gender-bending seems to be the entire mission of this show now.

FORT Fogey

I almost forgot; I have a theory as to Nathan's secret... He used to be morbidly obese himself, but had gastric bypass surgery. That would explain his (alleged) interest in meeting Whitney and maybe introduce a new (bogus) story line...

Is there a way to view TLC shows online for free; if so, can someone provide a link? The only reason I'm keeping my expensive cable subscription is because I'm hooked on four or five of these stupid so-called reality shows!

+ Reply to Thread