+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1441Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

FORT Fogey

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

I don't believe anyone ever believed she was ever pregnant; just another stupid plot line. It does seem there must be so many more worthy subjects for reality TV!
    jenniferboston1, owlgrl and zelda like this.

This show is just so contrived & lascivious; so much so I'm not sure who they are actually trying to appeal to anymore, if anyone. Even the big girl dance class is contrived. It advertises but apparently doesn't exist unless they're filming. Everything is done for TV time.

She started out with a decent message of not hiding from life even though big but that's completely lost. She's in it for the TV money. I hope she's considering what will happen when it's all over.
    Punkin, Brooks, FlyAKite and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey

What in the world are they showing tonight? "Whitney's Pregnant" (I thought we settled this a long time ago), and THREE HOURS LONG???

TLC repackages the episodes and calls them "new". Just retreads.

Thanks for the warning. Once was enough.
    Lynda

They do it with Dance Moms and My 600 Lb Life too. It's really annoying. Like, do I really need to see MORE of Whitney?

I've stopped watching the whole episode. I just flip back and forth at commercials and see enough in those few minutes. I just find her so annoying that I can only take her in small doses. I'll be happy when she fades away into obscurity again.
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Every time I see the previews with the "dance battle" and Whitney trying to act all "street," I just laugh. It's so pathetic. She's a privileged white girl. She's SO far from street she'd need a telescope to see it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I'm getting a headache from being beaten over the head with all the politically correct gender roles. Let's see, this white bread girl from the upper-class 'burbs has two male gay friends, a lesbian masseuse and long-lost best friend whom she "dates" briefly, a transgender dance student, and now -- by all appearances -- a transgender choreographer? Okay, we get it already; enough! She really has some rough-looking women in that BGDC, I must say. But what's that skinny, young, pretty, little gymnast doing there?
    owlgrl likes this.

I'm mostly annoyed that the BGDC accepts guys and they aren't even big guys. I laughed when the choreographer singled out Tal as a good looking but forgettable guy, LOL.

Whitney keeps claiming that BGDC is comparable to the Jiya's group, but it isn't. BGDC is about dance that might help with fitness. The Trophy Wives Fitness group is about fitness that's achieved through dance.

The Dance Battle looks to take it up a notch, thanks to the choreographer. I didn't see any indication that Whitney will have another fainting episode. I wonder if Jiya was encouraged to allow Whitney to win this one. Maybe all of Will's conditioning will have paid off.

FORT Fogey

I couldn't help but notice that both Whitney and, to an even greater degree, the choreographer mostly just stood around watching the other girls (and guys) be put through the paces. The transgender Jenzi person (?) sounded winded as she barked out her orders and, when she and Whitney DID actually move, it was mostly arm movements, as usual. As for the cat stroller outing, they're very lucky that poor cat can't move any faster than they can - at one point, both she and Buddy were basically just trying to prop themselves up and neither had a grip on the cat), or she'd have been playing in traffic and road kill. But her wistful longing for that to be "a family outing only not with Buddy" clued me in that we will come full-circle with a Whitney/Buddy love story line before we're through here.

In short, this show has jumped the shark!

+ Reply to Thread