+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1440Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Yes! I went back just to make sure. BS...definitely a plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda View Post
    Did anyone notice the battery pack for his microphone on his back as he walked away? I believe it was scripted.
    Punkin and owlgrl like this.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

FORT Fan

Of course he would have a mic and would have signed a release form to film. Doesn't mean it is scripted. I'm sure we did not see it all, well she did have to undress etc. Sure he told her more too about missing periods.

Anyway this storyline is done and over with so lets move on.
    Punkin likes this.

But "move on" to what? She's not really that interesting.
    zelda likes this.
    Lynda

FORT Fogey

With regard to Whitney's "dance career," I thought that if one had a career in anything, that's what one made his/her living doing. I suppose she gets paid something for the Big Girl Dance Classes, and maybe the video (though I've not heard much about that since), but the rest of the dancing she does seems to be for the occasional event to which she's invited (maybe there's an appearance fee, maybe there's not) or things like the ballroom dance contest. And honestly, I'm quite klutzy and have a slight disability rating on one of my arms due to an injury, and I'm pretty sure that I could learn most of her dance moves. If she really wanted a dance career, she'd have to lose some major weight. But I'm sure she's getting more money from the show than she'll ever make dancing.

I also agree that she needs to start thinking about what she's going to do when the show is over, as I don't see her having a lasting career simply for being large, as there are many overweight people in the world, and a lot of them are probably just as interesting than she is if not more so.
    Punkin, owlgrl and zelda like this.

I don't think we need to worry too much about what Whitney will move on to after the show is canceled. It seems like her health keeps getting worse and worse. I'd suspect she'll probably spend the rest of her shortened life being fabulous on disability.

Buddy's gained a noticeable amount of weight since he and Whitney moved in together. I'm sure it has nothing to do with her terrible habits influencing him. It's probably just "contact PCOS" [/sarcasm]

Every time she refers to her "dance career," I laugh. She's delusional.

Of course that guy at the parade was a plant. While I'm sure there are people in the world who would make comments like that, there aren't as many as the show would like us to believe. There's no drama if everyone is blandly pleasant to her and doesn't care about her weight.

Roy is creepy.
    Nicksmom and zelda like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    But "move on" to what? She's not really that interesting.
    Right? "Let's move on"???

Roy should file a sexual harassment claim; he qualifies after that Facetime session.

Babs has no filter. I'm wondering if Glen does either, after he called Whitney out over being an unwed mom. Was that really a conversation he needed to have in front of a national audience?

FORT Fanatic

Babs is a big actress, and a bad one; her "southern belle" routine is getting on my last nerve. Not hard to see where the Fame Whore gene originated!
    Brooks and FlyAKite like this.

FORT Fan

"Buddy's gained a noticeable amount of weight since he and Whitney moved in together. I'm sure it has nothing to do with her terrible habits influencing him. It's probably just "contact PCOS" [/sarcasm]"

When Whitney first mentioned moving in with Buddy during the first season, Babs expressed concern that Whitney and Buddy wouldn't be good for each other when it came to her losing weight. No checks and balances.
    zelda likes this.
    Trust Me!

FORT Fanatic

Are we still pretending (on the show) that Whitney WANTS to lose weight???

+ Reply to Thread