+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 128 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1271
Like Tree1441Likes

Thread: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life (TLC)

Getting the thread back on topic ().....

The problem with Whitney keeping a food journal is that you have to be honest when logging your food. Whitney seems to always be in the mode of "if I don't tell anyone about it, it didn't happen," like with the pictures of her food or all the empty food packaging in her car. I'm sure there are plenty of people who log their food and either log smaller amounts/calories than they actually eat OR omit the foods that would put them over in calories for the day. It's as if what matters is that people believe she's doing the right thing vs. her actually doing it.....even though most reasonably intelligent people would look at a her and know she's lying.

Of course her fans are kissing her butt and telling her she's gorgeous AND that the people who say she isn't healthy are just hating fat shamers. My suspicion is that many, although of course not all, of the people who are cheering her on are themselves overweight. If Whitney is that large and she's healthy (although we know she isn't), then that means that THEY are too and then don't have to do anything about their own weight issue. It's another form of the whole "crabs in a bucket" phenomenon, which seems to be a hallmark of the FA/HAES movement.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

The problem with Whitney keeping a food journal is that you have to be honest when logging your food. Whitney seems to always be in the mode of "if I don't tell anyone about it, it didn't happen," like with the pictures of her food or all the empty food packaging in her car. I'm sure there are plenty of people who log their food and either log smaller amounts/calories than they actually eat OR omit the foods that would put them over in calories for the day. It's as if what matters is that people believe she's doing the right thing vs. her actually doing it.....even though most reasonably intelligent people would look at a her and know she's lying.

Of course her fans are kissing her butt and telling her she's gorgeous AND that the people who say she isn't healthy are just hating fat shamers. My suspicion is that many, although of course not all, of the people who are cheering her on are themselves overweight. If Whitney is that large and she's healthy (although we know she isn't), then that means that THEY are too and then don't have to do anything about their own weight issue. It's another form of the whole "crabs in a bucket" phenomenon, which seems to be a hallmark of the FA/HAES movement.
    Thanks for getting this back on track. I think Whitney is so delusional and with your theory, a lot of people might be. I just don't understand how she and everyone around her can mostly ignore all the signs. Don't they know that she is killing herself? Or have they just given up?
    zelda likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Does anyone know who the young woman is in some of Whitney's latest photos? She has dark hair and appears to be Asian. She seems to be hanging out with Whit and her gang.

Agreed. Healthy doesn't equate passing out. Healthy doesn't equate a CARDIOLOGIST basically telling you to change your lifestyle. Whitney is beautiful and has a wonderful, fun personality when she's not playing the 'mean girl' part, but she's hurting herself and others to keep expressing she's 100% healthy! When you can't pull off your own pants, YOU ARE NOT healthy. I did have something to say about a previous 'off''topic, but I will refrain and post on the appropriate thread at a later time. Sometimes it feels good to follow the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

zelda likes this.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know who the young woman is in some of Whitney's latest photos? She has dark hair and appears to be Asian. She seems to be hanging out with Whit and her gang.
    Paid live-in caregiver?
    Brooks and Critical like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Paid live-in caregiver?
    I don't know. I wasn't aware that Whitney had progressed to that point yet, but....I did read that they are filming the new season now, so......maybe, it's a new cast member.
    zelda likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'm not saying she's bedbound but, since the first show, there were a lot of daily living/hygiene/grooming things she couldn't do for herself. Like put shoes on! SOMEONE has to do all that stuff for her? Now she can probably afford to pay someone...
    zelda likes this.

We know from the recorded real estate papers from the sale that it is only a two bedroom house. Maybe she's the daytime housekeeper/landscaper.

Whitney doesn't have a regular job. She does have some seasonal (TLC, maybe Grasshoppers) and irregular (book, video, clothes, etc. sales/royalty) income. She has a mortgage. I don't think she can afford any fulltime staff.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, and Whitney could always insist on referring to her as her "assistant" whom she needed to hire because her schedule is just so busy now--and oh, hey, as long as you're there, how about you pull my pants off for me? And what do you mean that's not in your job description? You're supposed to assist me, and I need assistance! Or are you just telling me it's beneath you to help a fat woman? You're a fat-shaming sexist, aren't you! AREN'T YOU?!!!
    AZChristian and zelda like this.

FORT Fogey

I was kidding about "live-in," but I'm sure she requires help with many tasks, at her size. Maybe Babs, Buddy, and Todd are sick of doing it. We already know Ashley flew the coop!

+ Reply to Thread