+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars

Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars – WE tv

Anyone planning on watching this train wreck??

It has Natalie from Bad Girls Club. Heidi and Spencer from I want to say The Hills
    Punkin, AmyKay and scoot13 like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Re: Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars

And Aviva and her husband from RHoNY. She famously threw her prosthetic leg across the room at a party just to stay relevant. Didn't work, she's gone. Never heard of any problems between her and her hubby though. These people just get so hooked on being on a reality show that many make up stories to get on another one.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and mayamaisha like this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

This should be interesting?
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    It has Natalie from Bad Girls Club.
    I don't understand what it is that makes the "Bad Girl" character so appealing to much of the viewing public. I'm not talking about somewhat snarky bitchiness. I'm talking about these mean-spirited ego-maniacs, who are hostile, physically violent, uber-controlling, often sociopathic witches. Why are they so pervasive on reality tv. I don't get it.
    candor, pikachu and AmyKay like this.

I think it's the "train wreck" aspect. Or maybe because we are fascinated with seeing someone behaving in ways so foreign to us. I watched one or two seasons, with mouth agape, out of curiosity just as I have watched Hoarders or Mob Wives. I consider these girls to be trash. But the real fans of Natalie, Tanisha and their ilk on The Bad Girls Club, I'd compare to fans of Roller Derby or WWE. They love the smack-down violence. It's today's version of the violent Roman Games in the Coliseum which were popular entertainment of their time.

I don't know anything about 'Spidei', except that they are probably on the show for a paycheck. Probably the same for all the couples. Natalie, though, you've pretty well described! I think she's genuinely evil to the core.

"mean-spirited ego-maniacs, who are hostile, physically violent, uber-controlling, often sociopathic witches."
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I think it's the "train wreck" aspect. Or maybe because we are fascinated with seeing someone behaving in ways so foreign to us. I watched one or two seasons, with mouth agape, out of curiosity just as I have watched Hoarders or Mob Wives. I consider these girls to be trash. But the real fans of Natalie, Tanisha and their ilk on The Bad Girls Club, I'd compare to fans of Roller Derby or WWE. They love the smack-down violence. It's today's version of the violent Roman Games in the Coliseum which were popular entertainment of their time.

I don't know anything about 'Spidei', except that they are probably on the show for a paycheck. Probably the same for all the couples. Natalie, though, you've pretty well described! I think she's genuinely evil to the core.
    Re: The 'Bad Girls' Syndrome: I think you're right, Punkin, in your comparison of today's Roller Derby and WWE fans to the ancient Roman Coliseum fans' love of violence. I guess I just don't understand WHY some people love violence so much --- but then again, human beings are animals, so it must be part of our DNA.

Re: Heidi and Spencer: I saw Heidi and Spencer being interviewed last week and interestingly, Spencer freely admitted that he originally WAS just on the show for the paycheck and the exposure -- and he added that he NEVER expected the boot camp show to be so real or so hard or so intense.

Click to see Spoiler:
    But it was, and he said (if one can believe him) that he was totally surprised at how much he learned about himself, and how much it helped and changed him. Spencer even added that not only did it help his relationship with Heidi, but partially because of the show, he's now more willing to have the baby that Heidi wants so desperately.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

You described Natalie to at T. She is disgusting excuse for a human being and I cannot believe that she is pregnant. She is a reality tv wh*re. That's all she knows and all she does. I don't believe she has a real job.
    Punkin likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I fianlly got a chance to see the first episode.

I love the therapists. They tell it like it is. I would love to see Tori and Dean go to them. As well as Kendra and Hank.

'SPEIDI" .... hahaha. Had not heard THAT term since 'The Hills"!!!!

No clue how Heidi has tolerated Spencer for 6 years AND wants a baby with HIM!?!?!?

Aviva screaming to them as they entered the house about how THEY (^) are the King and Queen of reality tv ....pleaseeeeeee.

I think the VERY LAST season of Bad Girls that I watched was the one with Natalie on it. TRAIN.WRECK.PERIOD. Is she trying to compete with KIMK or NICKIM for a BIG BUTT!?!?!?!

Explain to me how her BIG BUT makes her money??????

I do like her husband. How can he STAND HER AT ALL????

I remember Tyson from Survivor. As I recall he was very quiet, laid back and just a nice guy. HERE HE IS A P.I.T.A.!!!! 6 years and he hasn't married her ....

The other couple I have no idea who they are.

Not sure how much of this show I will watch.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

I'm watching for Tyson and Rachel, if it weren't for them I wouldn't be watching just because of Speidi. The counselor summed it up perfectly, Speidi has an "us against them" mentality and they are brats. I actually liked Heidi on the hills, pre-Spencer, which wasn't for long.
    combatcutie and momrek06 like this.
    #WeStandWithWDBJ
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

FORT Fogey

I do think the counselor was exactly right about Speidi's us against them mindset. But I thought it was a farce to claim the counselors were concerned about Speidi being there for publicity instead of for sincere reasons. Why allow them on the show if you're convinced before they arrive that they will be a distraction? It was a great illustration of how fake the show is, and how little concern the counselors truly have for helping relationships to last. Speidi is there for attention, and the show cast them because they'd bring attention to the show!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast