+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Donnie Loves Jenny (A&E)

Donnie Loves Jenny (A&E)

Following Donnie Wahlberg and Jenny McCarthy, starting with their wedding day.

Anyone knows me knows that I am a HUGE Donnie (and NKOTB) fan. I have not been a big Jenny McCarthy fan. But I am also not a hater, so I will be able to watch this show.

Regardless of how I feel about Jenny, the show last night was good. I can see how happy she and Donnie are so who am I to judge (not like I ever had a real chance with him anyway lol) The wedding was beautiful! Donnie kept tearing up which also brought the tears out for me too! I love Donnie even more than before, if that is possible!

I think this will be a fun, semi scripted (like Wahlbergers) show. It will be a nice change from my other drama filled reality shows
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

FORT Fogey

Re: Donnie Loves Jenny (A&E)

I recorded this, but went to bed early so I have not watched it yet. I LOVE Wahlburgers. If they accomplish a similar tone, I think I'll like it ... even though like you I'm not a big Jenny fan.

I'll watch it. I really like Donnie. I'm not sure how Jenny attracted him, but I'll keep an open mind. He's why I love Blue Bloods.
    AmyKay and Coco46 like this.

FORT Fogey

I must admit, once I saw that their wedding was the first episode, it made a little more sense to me that Mark and his family did not attend Donnie's wedding. I remember over the summer their being a bit of gossip about that, with Mark saying they didn't go because of a conflict with his son's birthday party, and people suggesting his not attending showed he didn't approve of Jenny. When you look at his participation on Wahlburgers, his wife and kids are virtually left out of the show completely. I get the impression that Mark is much more private with his family than Donnie is, and would not have ever chosen to share something like his wedding with the public. I didn't buy the story that Mark wasn't at the wedding because he doesn't like Jenny. But i could believe he wasn't there because he didn't approve of filming it for a show.
    karna68, AmyKay and Coco46 like this.

I wondered what was going on. I can't imagine not attending my brother's wedding. I guess celebrity families have their own agendas and when you are on opposite coasts, missing big events isn't that big of a deal. I mean, I can't even imagine telling my brother with a straight face that I can't attend his wedding, because of my child's birthday party. lol Oh well, maybe it was just poor planning by Donnie and Jenny.

FORT Fogey

As a fan of both Mark and Donnie, the dynamic between them has always fascinated me. Clearly, they are very close. But like normal siblings, I think there is A LOT of rivalry there as well. Donnie gets a lot of the credit for helping Mark to turn his life around -- he created Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch to give him work after he got out of prison, and also hired Johnny to travel with Mark and essentially babysit him. When they talk about the factors that split up the New Kids the first time around, several of them cite Donnie's focus on Mark's album as one of the distractions, so he made real sacrifices to help get him on track. Then, as both of them move away from music into acting, Mark suddenly becomes the bigger success. Donnie has done some great work (his performance in Sixth Sense still blows me away) but Mark has been recognized with more award nominations, bigger movies, and has made more money. Mark got into producing and made a ton of money ... so then Donnie got into producing. Both of them seem to really support the other one, and each has stepped in to help the other one out at time when each career has hit speedbumps. But it's always seemed like there are equal parts wanting the other one to have great success, and being totally driven to make sure their own success is a little bit more. So in that respect, I can see where Mark, who has no need with all the money he has to make his personal life available to increase his popularity, would look at Donnie's choices making his relationship with Jenny so public and shake his head and want no part in it.
    AmyKay likes this.

I thought it was a good show, probably watch again.

FORT Fogey

I just watched the wedding. I like it, and added it as a series recording. I like Jenny when she's filming with Donnie. I don't like her on her own. Actually, I think she shows how good the Wahlbergs are with their show. They all come across as natural and genuine. Jenny comes across to me as always performing for the cameras and creating the person she wants the world to see. I don't feel like she's herself. She is a bit more with Donnie. I wish she'd learn from her husband and in laws that being yourself is okay.

I agree Acooker, I dont mind her as much when he is around. Also, I know her son is autistic, but I feel some of the scenes with him were over dramatic on her part. Granted, I don't have TOO much experience with autism besides my nephew who is about the same age but is way more regressed than Evan. (I know thats why they call it a "spectrum")
    I too agree that now it makes sense Mark and family didn't come to the wedding. Tho Mark has been on Wahlbergs he seems to shield the rest of his immediate family from "the business". Tho I remember the ice bucket challenge they did as a family, it was so cute!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

FORT Fogey

I was surprised that Evan was featured on the show as much as he was. I wonder if that is just for the wedding, or if he will be a regular "character" throughout the series. I know Donnie's kids are older, and may have expressed a desire not to be a part of the show (or their mom may not have approved it) but I did notice a huge difference between the two. I think there are ways for celebrities to balance that, and protect their kids. I think Mark is smart about it, and I think Brad and Angelina are smart about it. They don't hide their kids from the public, but they also don't use their kids to promote themselves. I kind of wish for Evan that Jenny would take that same approach. Donnie needs to know that she and Evan are a package deal ... the general public does not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast