+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: Cold Justice- TNT

Kip
    FORT Fogey Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Cold Justice- TNT

Boy, last night's episode was just heartbreaking.

I hate the fact that the suspect, after seeing this show, knows that there will never be enough evidence to prosecute. But maybe if he thinks he's home free, he'll start blabbing to people about various aspects of the crimes (not very likely, I know).
    Duckyface, Debb70 and Jax like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Boy, last night's episode was just heartbreaking.

I hate the fact that the suspect, after seeing this show, knows that there will never be enough evidence to prosecute. But maybe if he thinks he's home free, he'll start blabbing to people about various aspects of the crimes (not very likely, I know).
    Absolutely heartbreaking. I was crying with the family. You could see they just wanted closure and that after 20+ years wanted that creep that did this behind bars. Esp for Lisa's Mom.
    Very sad. Very sick, those murders.
    The deceased Lisa, certainly had her share of shady characters in and out of her life. And exposing these creeps to Kayleigh. That was so wrong for such a little girl to be exposed to that life style.
    Kip, Duckyface and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

Jax

Heart wrenching! This is the first time the show has ever ended with a "never ever gonna catch 'em" finish. So very sad.

I am still wondering why they never checked those alibis back when it happened. It was so easy for them to check them now, it seems they could have done that back then.
    Kip likes this.

Kip

I don't know about the alibis???

I think there's been at least one other episode where the case is pretty much over. It was a case where the guy had strangled the woman he had been having an affair with, and threw her body of the edge of a cliff at the side of a road.

They put together a strong enough case to prove 2nd degree murder, but not first degree murder, and in New Mexico there's a statute of limitations on 2nd degree murder, and it had expired.

Edited to add: I just googled the case and New Mexico is thinking about proposing a law to removed the statute of limitations on 2nd degree murder -- it's currently only 6 years!!! So currently, any cold case older than 6 years can only be prosecuted if there's enough evidence for 1st degree murder. I hope they do change it. It won't help past victims, but at least Cold Justice shone the light on a big flaw in the New Mexico justice system.

Bill could alter murder cases - Alamogordo Daily News
    Last edited by Kip; 01-31-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    Jax likes this.

Too sad. A conviction doesn't bring back your loved one or erase the pain, but at least it is something! It is why Kelly and Yolanda leave their homes and families to do this work. They know how deeply those loved ones left behind crave justice. But some of these cases are so old and cold. It's a wonder that they do get convictions on so many. They ladies do get so emotionally invested in the cases, but they can't win them all. Unlike most reality shows, I don't see this one as some sort of self-promotion and paycheck on the part of Yolanda and Kelly and the retired cops who work with them. It's truly a calling for them.
    Last edited by Punkin; 01-31-2015 at 03:36 PM.
    Kip, Duckyface and Jax like this.
    Lynda

Kip

I felt so sad for Kayleigh's grandmother. Kayleigh had asked if she could spend the night and she told her no, not that night, but she could sleep overthe following night. The grandmother has nothing to feel guilty about, but I know if I were in her place, I would have the "If only" thought going through my mind daily. I KNOW that kind of thinking is futile (and who knows, if the grandmother had gone to pick up Kaleigh, she might have been murdered as well, or Kayleigh could have been killed in a car crash on the way to her grandmother's), but it's hard to not play the "if only" game.

IMO, this show is reality tv at its best, but sometimes reality sucks.
    Punkin and Jax like this.

I felt bad for Kelly! She just took the situation and the fact that she and Yolanda couldn't help so hard....I don't suppose that as a tough-as-nails prosecutor she is brought to tears too often (in public, at least...) Yolanda alluded to the fact that she had to set her emotions aside is cases such as these. I know how she feels because as a social worker, talking to families in the hospital whose children had just died, I did the very same.
    Punkin, Kip and Jax like this.

I wish they could come to my hometown. There are several unsolved murders going back to when I was a teen! One lady's body was found in the trunk of her car beaten to death. She had two small children. They have never solved it.

Another woman was found dead in her bathroom. Her husband was under suspicion, when later he was found dead in the tub too! You can't make this kind of thing up. I'm seriously considering writing a book. My family KNEW all of these people! Oh, a very well respected funeral parlor owner went missing in 1973 to never be heard from again. He was married and had two little kids. Many years later his car was found at the bottom of a lake! No trace of this man to this day!

Then there's the high school teacher who's body was found under a board in his back yard! He had been stabbed to death. Never solved! I knew him too! I'm not kidding. I should write a book. lol
    Punkin likes this.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I cried right along with Kelly.. sigh. There is a special place in heaven for her & all the work she does, and there's a reason she's won every case she's had.
    Kip likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wish they could come to my hometown. There are several unsolved murders going back to when I was a teen! One lady's body was found in the trunk of her car beaten to death. She had two small children. They have never solved it.

Another woman was found dead in her bathroom. Her husband was under suspicion, when later he was found dead in the tub too! You can't make this kind of thing up. I'm seriously considering writing a book. My family KNEW all of these people! Oh, a very well respected funeral parlor owner went missing in 1973 to never be heard from again. He was married and had two little kids. Many years later his car was found at the bottom of a lake! No trace of this man to this day!

Then there's the high school teacher who's body was found under a board in his back yard! He had been stabbed to death. Never solved! I knew him too! I'm not kidding. I should write a book. lol
    Yikes . . . sounds like Jessica Fletcher!!! I would never have wanted to go to an event where she was to appear, because SOMEBODY always ends up dead. And we KNOW Jessica didn't do it.
    Duckyface and Debb70 like this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread