+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: Cold Justice- TNT

Jax

Re: Cold Justice- TNT

I enjoyed the season opener because there was such a definitive answer to it. Sometimes we are still left hanging at the end. And I agree, its creepy that this small town had so many wackos who could have done it.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season.
    Kip likes this.

In watching this and other true crime shows, I'm always amazed at how many people go to bed with a window open. It's so strange to me. I think it wasn't a big deal to do this in the 1970's or earlier, but since 2000, I can't even imagine it. I'm also shocked when people say that because they live in a small town or in a rural area that they don't even lock their doors. WHAT? That might have been common years ago too, but in today's society, there isn't anywhere that is so safe that you don't lock your doors.

I guess I'm super sensitive. From 2002 through 2010, there were two women who were murdered in their beds in my city. (Raleigh, NC) Both were in upscale neighborhoods. One was within one mile from my house. I suffered many sleepless nights due to this, since there were years before one of them was identified. The one in 2002 turned out to be a serial killer! He had murdered another girl in another state years ago! He committed suicide in jail awaiting trial. The one in 2010 took weeks to catch, but he was convicted and is in prison for life. NEITHER of these murderers/rapists knew their victim. It was random! One entered the home through an unlocked window, the other walked in through an unlocked door.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-14-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    Kip likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'm glad when they get positive DNA evidence. When they send stuff to the lab, I'm always hoping the results will come back positive because that means there's not much doubt they will able to get a conviction. It's amazing how much DNA testing has advanced in the last five years. And I just read this week that a new DNA test can produce a physical image of the person.

In that first episode, it just seemed like the police department could have resubmitted the evidence on their own and the case would have been solved.

Yolanda and Kelly & team are so masterful at putting together circumstantial cases like the one in last night's episode where there's not a shred of hard evidence. When the DA refused to file, my heart dropped, as in some of the past shows, the DAs have said there's not enough to prove the case. I'm so glad the prosecutors said they'd listen to a presentation.

I'm looking forward to a follow-up on this case. I hope the parents of the murdered woman will be able to re-unite with their grandsons. It's so sad that those boys lost their mother and then lost contact with their grandparents, and that the grandparents lost their daughter and grandchildren.

Hopefully, the airing of the show will bring in tips about where the drug-dealing friend who was presumably the getaway driver, although since his trail is so cold, I'm wondering if he was murdered by the husband (to keep him quiet) or in an unrelated drug murder.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing! I bet that guy was killed and that's why he's been off the grid for so long.

DNA seems like a slam dunk, but 48 Hours has an episode about a young girl who was murdered in Santa Monica. There was DNA all over the place, but the defense convinced the jury that she still DID NOT kill the victim. She was found NOT Guilty. I was shocked.

Wow, Kip, I had not heard of that new DNA process! Thanks, it is really a fascinating development for cases where there is no witness or DNA match in the system. New DNA technique may reveal face of killer in unsolved double-murder | Fox News
    Lynda

I just watched all THREE of the CJ's!

LOVE this show!

The ladies are amazing!
    Kip and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

Kip

Yes, they are amazing. When they first said it was an arson/burned body case, I wondered if there would be enough evidence to solve it.

I know they got new evidence off of the laptop. I don't recall if they said whether the cell-phone ping evidence was new or old. If it's new, I'm wondering just how long that data is kept. It seems like that would be a massive amount of data - everyone's pings on every call.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Yes, they are amazing. When they first said it was an arson/burned body case, I wondered if there would be enough evidence to solve it.

I know they got new evidence off of the laptop. I don't recall if they said whether the cell-phone ping evidence was new or old. If it's new, I'm wondering just how long that data is kept. It seems like that would be a massive amount of data - everyone's pings on every call.
    But what I thought was odd was this case was from 2007. Courts have been using cell phone data for a while now. The fact that one (guilty) brother said he was in Michigan and come to find out he was never more than (as I recall) 15 miles away from
    Gwen's home. Why did that evidence not play a bigger role in this case earlier? Also BRAVO to that Police Dept for stating to that one brother "if you can produce the receipt that you bought the laptop and how much you paid for it bring all that info
    down to the police station and we will review it
    " .... interesting he never want after it. And they easily could retrieve that laptop for the CJ Team.

I thought that was awesome when the CJ Team was in Gwen's house and figured out that the one brother killed her and then stacked flammable items all around her upper torso so when he set the house on fire her body would be badly burned. Wow.

Poor Gwen, she did not have a very good "built in radar" for CREEPS. She allowed them to be a part of her life while they were nothing but criminals.
    KAREN

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

momrek, but remember, every time the investigators would bring it to the DA, they'd ask, "is there anything new"? So, IMO, the cell activity was probably already known..but, that doesn't make him a murderer. A motive for murder, anyway. With the new technology in the computer forensics (month old tech at that time), they were able to find the motive. He was stealing, and she found out.

I hate to see these stories of gullible women. IMO, she was gullible. She knew this creep for TWO months and was already entrusting him with her FINANCES!!

What I thought was pretty weird, was the brother calling and asking for the computer, and lying by saying it was his. ?? That didn't make sense to me. Was thinking maybe he knew more than what he was letting onto.

I don't trust my neighbors with anything of mine. Nada. I've known the neighborhood people for 16 years now. Let alone my MONEY!!! Sad for her.
    Punkin, Kip and momrek06 like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Kip

I may have to go back and re-watch this episode for the details.

I don't know whether or not Gwen was gullible. She had known her neighbor for years, and unless her neighbor warned her about his brother, I could see how she'd assume at first that he was also a decent person. Having an introduction from a trusted friend isn't like taking up with a stranger.

As far as I recall, the only mention of the bad brother doing anything with Gwen's money was regarding the credit card. The bad brother may have been the one to put it out there that he was helping Gwen with her finances.

Two months is a really short time frame. The bad brother could have been hanging around at Gwen's for a couple of weeks and stolen a credit card. He bought something without Gwen's knowledge. The bill comes several weeks later. Gwen disputes the charge with the credit card company, then confronts the bad brother. I don't think it would be a reasonable expectation on Gwen's part that the confrontation would lead to violence.

That is puzzling about why the "good brother" called about getting the computer back and claimed it was his. I figured his brother had asked him to do it, but who knows on what pretext.

+ Reply to Thread