Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: Cold Justice- TNT

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: Cold Justice- TNT

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    GREAT thread!!!!

Thanks, Maveno, for starting it!!!!
    You're welcome!! I'm excited that you're all here!
    momrek06 likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I proudly admit to starting the I.D. thread-the only thread I've made any effort to create during my years of incarceration here at FORT. I felt there needed to be a place for people like us When I die I'm sure my collection of true crime books will lead to all sorts of speculation about my state of mind.
    Punkin, Maveno, shyra and 2 others like this.
    "In 1948, I voted the Progressive ticket...and in 1952 for Vincent Hallinan. In 1956, I shall not go to the polls. I have not registered. I believe that democracy has so far disappeared in the United States that no “two evils” exist.There is but one evil party with two names, and it will be elected despite all I can do or say."W.E.B. Du Bois

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    When I die I'm sure my collection of true crime books will lead to all sorts of speculation about my state of mind.
    Let's just hope that no one you've ever met dies suspiciously. Cops will be on you like white on rice when they see your collection.

Hmmm. Time to delete computer bookmarks and history and give away certain books to Goodwill before . . . !!!!
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.
    I'm Paula.

I love Cold Justice. Did I miss the new episode? I think you can catch these On Demand. I'll have to check it out.

For fans of crime stories, they have a show called Fatal Attractions on ONE channel. It's good! It's along the lines of Snapped, but much better IMO.
    redsox girl likes this.

Jax

I think the new episode is next week. At least I hope so because if not, I missed it too.

Season 3 starts this Friday night!
    Kip, redsox girl, momrek06 and 2 others like this.
    Lynda

You can always watch missed episodes on the TNT website or through the TNT app, as well. Fewer commercials, too.
    I watch this show on my iPad all the time.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Season 3 starts this Friday night!
    Thanks for the heads up. I love this show. I sometimes watch online too, or, if it's like last season, it was replayed at 7 am on Saturday morning (and I'm sure other times throughout the week).

It's so interesting watching the process, and some of the small police departments really learn a lot.

One of the investigators on Cold Justice is Johnny Bonds. I was watching an old American Justice [I think that was it] show where the case they were showing was one of Johnny Bonds' first cases as a homicide detective. He thought it was murder; the coroner said it was suicide. He was ordered to stop working the case but kept at it on his own and eventually proved it was murder. Like happens frequently in Cold Justice, with the passage of time boyfriends/girlfriends, husbands/wives split up and the ex starts talking. Anyway, it was also interesting seeing photos of Johnny Bonds as a young man.
    Punkin and Crazyladyinc like this.

What a great way to start out the new season! That was a great show! I was sitting on the edge of my seat.

I just couldn't figure it out. What makes this so intense is that the teen suspect who lived only 50 yards away from the murder victim was recently on another crime show called Teens Who Kill. That guy and his accomplice on another murder are truly evil teens. They are now in their twenties. They videotaped their escape from the crime scene after brutally murdering their classmate and female friend. They were elated, laughing and boasting of how great killing her was. They said they did it for the thrill. So, when his name came up as a suspect on Cold Justice, I was very prone to believe he was involved, plus, he lived 50 yards away! What are the odds of that?

Murder of Cassie Jo Stoddart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The actual murderer also lived in that little town in Idaho his entire life. What are the odds of two cold bloodied, murderers living in the same small town? Go figure.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-10-2015 at 03:06 PM.
    Kip likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    ...What makes this so intense is that the teen suspect who lived only 50 yards away from the murder victim was recently on another crime show called Teens Who Kill. ... What are the odds of that? ...

The actual murderer also lived in that little town in Idaho his entire life. What are the odds of two cold bloodied, murderers living in the same small town? Go figure.
    That's what was scary for me...the fact that there were 3 suspects that could have murdered this sweet 25-year-old girl who was just leading a normal life. Like you I thought that animal torturing, friend killing teen was likely to be the perp. I'm glad her boyfriend was ruled out so quickly so that he didn't have to live under a cloud of suspicion all these years.

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes because the case was solved by rerunning DNA tests - the Cold Justice team wasn't needed for that. I more enjoy the episodes where they build circumstantial cases better because they're so clever about it. I always enjoy Yolanda's crime scene recreations - it's amazing how they can come up with some new insights after all this time.

It's also interesting to see Kelly's prosecutorial caution. With the fingerprints on the door, I'm thinking, great, we've got the guy, while Kelly's saying they might not show he was actually in the house.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread