+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: Cold Justice- TNT

Re: Cold Justice- TNT

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Yes, I lost interest in Kelly and Cold Justice after watching that Dateline show. She's just another prosecutor, like so many others who will use any trick to convict because they're so certain of the defendant's guilt, who will never back down even when it is proven that the defendant is innocent of the crime they spent years in prison for.
    I didn't even watch that Dateline show. Just reading about it and having seen her display that same characteristic on Cold Justice made me not want to watch. IMO, she doesn't always follow the evidence or decides the people must be lying because she doesn't like what they're saying and assumes it's a lie. I think that makes her a dangerous former prosecutor/current investigator.

I hadn't even heard about the 48 Hours episode until now. Apparently, I'm a bit behind in reading this thread in case anyone else missed it, I found it on the CBS site: https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/playing-by-the-rules-2/

I've been watching the new CJ episodes, but haven't been that enthused about the show since Yolanda left. Seeing Kelly in that 48 Hours episode sort of puts me off watching any more.

ETA: Found these articles about David Temple's release from prison. I haven't found anything about a retrial date:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/whats-n...er-overturned/
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-t...-1999-killing/
    Last edited by Critical; 09-13-2017 at 10:41 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for the clarification. I had it in my brain that I was watching Dateline. In my defense, I was watching in the wee hours when I couldn't sleep.

Anyhoo, the story is well worth watching and is a real revelation.

Easy to mix up those "news" shows They all blend together.
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We refer to the three different shows by the same name: 60/20/48.
    Punkin likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We refer to the three different shows by the same name: 60/20/48.

I forgot about 20/20. I stopped watching when Barbara Walters and Hugh Downs were gone and creepy John Stossel took over. Now it's just like Dateline and 48 Hours. I don't watch any of them really, unless I see a preview and it's something that interests me. So many times they're just about some murder and I just can't watch all that stuff. It's too upsetting.

I actually removed CJ from the app I use to track the shows I watch. I certainly can find something better to watch or do with that hour every week!

Doesn't all that stuff with Kelly make you wonder if there was another reason Yolanda left the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

Doesn't all that stuff with Kelly make you wonder if there was another reason Yolanda left the show?
    Yes, I have quite literally wondered that very thing.

AZ I'm at 60/20/48.
    Critical and AZChristian like this.

Yes, I have often thought the same thing re: Yolanda leaving the show.

I agree about Yolanda not on the show.

I watched a few CJ's when this new season started but have been traveling and now home.

I have 3 episodes on my DVR and am actually really in no hurry to watch them.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread