+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 90 Day Fiance

90 Day Fiance

Though there have been a few comments about this show on the "My Five Wives" thread, I felt if I didn't have somewhere to post, I would burst!

Last Sunday night's show made me so angry! When Danny and Amy met with Danny's parents, his father was one of the rudest people I have ever seen on television. Who does he think he is with his judgemental attitude towards Amy? She is such a classy young lady. Also, it isn't even like a huge cultural difference. They appear to share the same conservative faith and she gives the appearance that she is a sweet girl. And, FYI, this is 2014, not 1954. I know plenty of main-stream interracial couples and I see a good many in my bridal shop. I'm not saying that there will not be any barriers or prejudice, but I can't imagine they will be insurmountable. Regardless of his opinion, he could've been gracious the way his wife was.

Beyond that, I don't have a whole lot of hope for the couples on this season. I'm curious to see who makes it to the alter and how long they stay together.
    mayamaisha and Imperfect1 like this.

Re: 90 Day Fiance

Ha! I could have sworn there was a 90 Day Fiance thread, but I guess you're right, we just hijacked the My Five Wives thread because of the proximity of the two shows.

I too was dumbfounded by Danny's father's reaction (though Danny was not, and he warned Amy) and you have to wonder what America this bigot is living in. And how could Danny allow the disrespect to his fiancÚ? (OT, and why did spellcheck put a tilde above "fiancÚ" in this paragraph, but not the paragraph above?)

I just do not get what Mohammed is doing with that frumpy, needy, not very bright, much older mother of 4 or 5 kids. He seems to be an earnest and truthful guy, but I don't see any chemistry with her. With his attitude at her losing her job, it seems more like a business arrangement for him. I would think he could find someone more suitable at the Mosque in town.
    mayamaisha and Imperfect1 like this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

I guess I'm too wary of people, but I don't have much faith in any of the couples making it. I like Danny's bride, but with his family....I don't know. That's a tough place to start from. That was a nice pre-wedding celebration that the ladies gave her though.

Many of the people seem odd to me. I actually wonder how many mental and/or personality disorders are in play with them. I really think that Mohammed is doing this as an opportunity that was offered to him to be on a reality tv show. When he agreed, he probably didn't know who the bride would be. That's the only thing that makes any sense.

I agree that Danny should've stood up to his parents.

And Mohammed...that whole thing is just weird. I keep remembering his comment on the first show where he said that her looks were "acceptable" to him.

My niece was married for a time to a man from the middle east whom she met in college and I'd say that when it come to difficulty blending cultures, that's a biggie. (Depending on how devout the person is.) I never thought about it, but maybe you're on to something Deb as far as how that couple got together. Those two I give "0" chance.

Since Danny's parents live far away, I think it will help tremendously. If they had to deal with them on a day-to-day basis, it would be pretty tough! At least the rest of his family seems pretty nice and supportive.

Some of those people are really out there like Cassia with her oddly drawn eye-liner engaged to a guy who lives with his dad and likes to hit the early-bird specials in his senior-oriented town. Yikes!
    Punkin and mayamaisha like this.

I am thinking there MIGHT be hope for Chelsea and Yamir, especially if she agrees to move to Chicago (and the previews made it sort of sound like she might), and Danny and Amy IF his A-hole of a dad does not get in their way. The rest of them? Pfft!

I am still trying to figure out if Danny's parents are still together. He kept saying that his dad lives far away, in Texas, but he never said that about his mom. It's not wonder he and his siblings have moved far, far away from him.

This season has made me realize just how cute last years couples really were. Even Russ and Paola look good compared to most of these train wreck couples.
    Punkin and nanarama like this.

At first I sort of felt sorry for Danielle, like Mohammed was totally using her. And while that still might be the case, I do not think it is in a callous way like I originally thought. I am not really sure what I mean by that because if he is using her at all, its bad. But for whatever his deal is, he seems sincere and like he would be way more ok with the situation if Danielle had not been lying to him about the finances. But he clearly is not in love with her and you'd think she would be able to see that. She is just way too desperate.
    Punkin and mayamaisha like this.

I think I remember, on the first episode this season, that Danielle said she had flown to Tunisia to meet Mohammed before he agreed to come here. She is not only desperately needy but also delusional about her chance of happiness with him. Even her adult children know there's something funny about this, and they don't look particularly perspicacious (I've been wanting to use that word! )

Yamir really needs to do something about that hair! If Chelsea can move to Nicaragua for a while, it shouldn't be too much a stretch for her to move to Chicago. But even if there were a Spanish Rap genre (and there could be, what do I know?), I don't think Yamir has the talent to make it big. Maybe in Nicaragua, but not here.

I'm beginning to feel a little less suspicious of Daria's motives. Sure, her fiancÚ is something of a doofus, but she finally did make a genuine connection with his little girl. And now that we all know the diamond (though probably very low grade) is real, and now that he knows that when she says "Roses", she means Roses, they might have a chance.

Cassia, from Rio, and her dude are the oddest of an almost all-odd cast. Just my opinion.
    mayamaisha likes this.

Yay, I love this crazy show! I like amy and Danny and also Chelsea and yamir. I really hope they make it. Also both couples are a little different from the rest as in they knew each other in person before dating and then deciding to get married. Danielle is pathetic. It's embarrassing to watch her. I feel bad for her children. They probably have to "mother" her a lot. Sad.
    Punkin and jaytwo like this.

Punkin, I believe you are correct about Danielle meeting Mohammed in Tunisia, I completely forgot about that! So they both did totally know what they were getting into, as far as appearance and age. What is his end game though? Certainly it is not being married to her!

I don't think Chelsea actually moved to Nicaragua, I think she was down there on some sort of a mission always with the intention of going back to Galesburg? I wish they would fill us in more on details like that, they are pretty important really. I think there are too many couples this year. Last year with just the 3 couples, it was way easier to let us in on the entire stories.

Huh, I just looked because I was not sure if it was just 3 last year and sure enough, it was actually 4 couples. But I also found this!

"Alina, 23, from Krasnyi Luch, Ukraine and Len, 48, from Scottsdale, Arizona" with a picture of them. I do not remember anything about this couple!
    Punkin likes this.

Please let us all take a moment to thank nanarama for giving us our own thread so we could stop getting in trouble for hijacking the My Five Wives thread?
    nanarama and jaytwo like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast