+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: 90 Day Fiance

Re: 90 Day Fiance

And Molly's reaction to what Luis said to one of her daughters? I would have run downstairs and had him by the ear in two seconds. She didn't seem as alarmed as I would have hoped. Plus, he used a 4-letter word! I thought I might like Luis but - nope!!!
    Punkin and Eastcoastmom like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

I think people forget that English is a very difficult language to learn (even Americans have trouble mastering it) and that these imported fiancees do well to communicate as effectively as they do given that those from the USA never seem to bother to learn their SO's language. With the younger daughter, he was merely trying to say -- in my opinion, anyway -- that he would soon be her STEP father; he was basically asking her blessing to marry the mother. In the second case, he was asking why the older daughter didn't want to marry her boyfriend, and what she SHOULD have said is that we don't marry young in this country, so it's too soon to consider that move. Instead, he got the impression that she was saying she just wanted a fling with him; not a lifetime marriage.

My impression is that something is lost in translation with Luis rather than that he's skeevy.
    mayamaisha likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    ... the feminized, emasculated, touchy-feely, sensitive, Alan Alda type ...
    Boy, I sure hope there's more going on between Andrei and that!

Quote Originally Posted by Teri313 View Post
    I don't understand what Elizabeth sees in Andrei. He's a hot head who seems like he's barely holding it together, and whose true colors will come out the minute they're married. I'm not one to label guys controlling or abusive easily, but this guy seems like the poster child for both of those qualities. And she seems smart and confident, and she can clearly see that side of him too. Plus, he's not attractive, charming, funny, or particularly bright. This just doesn't make any sense to me.
    I guess we see different things in those segments. Personally, I do not believe for one minute that Andrei expects Elizabeth to be submissive. She actually seems rather loud and demanding in her exchanges with him (that we've seen so far). What I see is a man with some alpha qualities (not a total alpha or Elizabeth would not have been that demanding or outspoken) who deals with a lot of her antics, but once he's had enough, he "puts his foot down". I do not think he would get physically abusive with her and I actually think some of the things he said (i.e.-regarding the "girls night out") were very reasonable. It seemed that she was pushing to get a reaction out of him. I sort of believe that she's trying to create that type of persona about him to get attention.

I guess people can look at the same scenario and come to different conclusions. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I think people forget that English is a very difficult language to learn (even Americans have trouble mastering it) and that these imported fiancees do well to communicate as effectively as they do given that those from the USA never seem to bother to learn their SO's language. With the younger daughter, he was merely trying to say -- in my opinion, anyway -- that he would soon be her STEP father; he was basically asking her blessing to marry the mother. In the second case, he was asking why the older daughter didn't want to marry her boyfriend, and what she SHOULD have said is that we don't marry young in this country, so it's too soon to consider that move. Instead, he got the impression that she was saying she just wanted a fling with him; not a lifetime marriage.

My impression is that something is lost in translation with Luis rather than that he's skeevy.
    I think maybe language might've played a role in his conversation with Kinsley, but I do not for one minute believe that he didn't know exactly what he was doing and saying to Olivia. I think he's attracted to her and is "testing the waters" to see if she might be up for a fling. I was truly disturbed and disgusted by his language and behavior in the segments last night.
    mayamaisha likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tetrimble View Post
    I think maybe language might've played a role in his conversation with Kinsley, but I do not for one minute believe that he didn't know exactly what he was doing and saying to Olivia. I think he's attracted to her and is "testing the waters" to see if she might be up for a fling. I was truly disturbed and disgusted by his language and behavior in the segments last night.
    As was I. And what was up with the doofus uncle just standing there letting Luis let the f bombs rip? Luis seemed either clueless, stubborn, or idk what when he kept insisting to Molly that 'it's Olivia's body and she can do what she wants with it." Yeah, I guess in one sense he is right as only Olivia is in control of her body and whether or not she will be sexually active, but Molly did not want things of a sexual nature being discussed about her daughter with Luis, which was her right as Olivia's mom. Plus, if Molly insists on no hanky panky in her home while Olivia is underage and unmarried, again, her house, her rules. Luis had no right to be so darn insistent about something that doesn't concern him. He seems quite lecherous to me.
    beerbelly and mayamaisha like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    As was I. And what was up with the doofus uncle just standing there letting Luis let the f bombs rip? Luis seemed either clueless, stubborn, or idk what when he kept insisting to Molly that 'it's Olivia's body and she can do what she wants with it." Yeah, I guess in one sense he is right as only Olivia is in control of her body and whether or not she will be sexually active, but Molly did not want things of a sexual nature being discussed about her daughter with Luis, which was her right as Olivia's mom. Plus, if Molly insists on no hanky panky in her home while Olivia is underage and unmarried, again, her house, her rules. Luis had no right to be so darn insistent about something that doesn't concern him. He seems quite lecherous to me.
    I only saw a little bit last night, but I do wonder if he has designs on Olivia.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Josh reminds me of the sophomore boys in high school. His fiancÚ seems much more level headed and normal. So far.

As to the comments upwards, I hope Luis is just in love with Molly's money & living in the USA, rather than be interested in her daughter. EEK if it's true.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

So far I like the woman from the Phillipines. I'm sure she will learn to tone down her outfits to better prepare for grocery shopping. But I like her honesty.

How she was comfortable on that flight was beyond me.
    Teri313 likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I like Aika, too, beerbelly. I feel sorry for her that she is with loser Josh. She seems to want a family sooner than later and not sure that is flying with Josh. He has 2 failed marriages behind him and I read he doesn't see his kids. No idea if he pays child support. I am assuming he does, which may be the reason he is 43 and has 2 roommates to help pay the rent/mortgage. I just got a bad vibe from him. Aika looked very uncomfortable with his insistence that she try to become a model. All he wants is a trophy wife to parade around. Blech!
    beerbelly and mayamaisha like this.

+ Reply to Thread