+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: 90 Day Fiance

FORT Fogey

Re: 90 Day Fiance

Remember Matt's friend, for instance, storming off in a snit and refusing to toast him? Evelyn's friend wasn't "emotional" about anything until Evelyn's fiancé bullied her. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Remember Matt's friend, for instance, storming off in a snit and refusing to toast him? Evelyn's friend wasn't "emotional" about anything until Evelyn's fiancé bullied her. Just sayin'.
    I think Evelyn, with her selfish self, set all of this up. We have no idea what she said to David about her friend. I still say she is not a nice person. I think he was automatically on the defense because of what he had been told by little Miss Perfect. IJS
    Punkin, AZChristian and Teri313 like this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

I would consider the scene with Luis and Molly's youngest daughter on the deck borderline psychological child abuse telling her that he is now her father, and digging in even when she was clearly becoming upset and saying that she already has a dad. Molly's judgment should be really examined here. Leaving her little girl alone with a guy she really doesn't know who then freaks her out about who her father is - man, that was just so wrong. I also think TLC bears some responsibility for letting that go on, but I do think they're trying to expose idiots (Molly) for being idiots. I also thought Luis was showing his immaturity at the cookout with her dad, pretty much pouting and saying, He doesn't accept me. First of all, I thought her father was very polite to him, considering he thinks she's being reckless and setting a bad example for her girls, and possibly putting them at risk. And Luis didn't seem to do anything to impress her dad and put him at ease. He just sat there with that stupid look on his face. I know he was nervous, but this is where you become a man and look your future father-in-law in the eye and have a conversation. I feel bad for those two girls. Their mother is an idiot. Oh, and I really hate when you hear a mother say, I give those girls everything, and now it's time for me! Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha View Post
    I think Evelyn, with her selfish self, set all of this up. We have no idea what she said to David about her friend. I still say she is not a nice person. I think he was automatically on the defense because of what he had been told by little Miss Perfect. IJS
    I agree. I'm willing to bet that Mikayla wasn't going to say anything on that night and Evelyn stirred the pot so that David would confront her. She only said what she said at the party because David cornered her and she told the truth. Mikayla deserves a better "best friend".
    Punkin and mayamaisha like this.

The scene with Luis and the younger daughter was weird, not to mention CREEPY AH for Molly to leave her minor child with some live in boyfriend that she doesn't really know that well. I guess the camera crew was there, but still. Who says that to a kid you have just met? Congrats , Luis, now both of Molly's kids hate you.
    Last edited by mina; 11-10-2017 at 01:32 AM.

I found this interesting (from ThaiEmbassy.com):

"So you have finally found your true love in the Land of Smiles – but you’ve got one major question before taking the big plunge. “How much dowry do I need to pay for my bride?”

This is the question that always pops up along with the other requirements for Marriage in Thailand. The Thai dowry system, which is more commonly known as Sin Sod, is deeply rooted in Thai culture. It is a way of honoring your bride’s parents for raising their daughter well. This is also a way of showing that you are financially capable of taking care of your Thai bride throughout your married life, because her parents tend to consider financial security as basis for the marriage.

You will need to negotiate with your bride’s parents regarding the amounts of the Sin Sod and Tong Mun. Tong Mun, which means gold engagement, is 24-karat gold that you give to your wife-to-be. The rule of thumb is, the higher the amount of the gold, the better. This is similar to the giving an engagement ring in the West.

Then there’s the Sin Sod, or the actual dowry, which can include anything of value, but usually it is about the money. Most Westerners get confused with the amount of dowry that they have to pay to their Thai bride’s parents, as dowry prices are set at unbelievably high amounts ranging from 100,000- 1,000,000 baht.

One important thing that you should keep in mind when discussing Thai dowry is that its amount is based on your Thai fiancee’s status, education, occupation and other related social background information (such as her virginity). An average middle-class, university-educated Thai lady deserves a dowry of 100,000- 300,000 baht. A dowry of a million baht for an uneducated lady of modest means is just ridiculous. Thai dowry prices fall drastically if your bride-to-be has been previously married, already has children, or is not a virgin anymore. In fact in most of these instances, no dowry deserves to be paid.

Thai dowry, however, is usually symbolic in nature and will normally be returned to the married couple after the wedding, so as to help them start on their new life. When registering your Marriage in Thailand, there is really no need to show proof that you have paid dowry, as it is presented during the actual wedding ceremony itself.

Marriage in Thailand can be the best experience you will ever have, but it would be best to inform yourself as much as possible about all its traditions and requirements. It would be best to engage the services of a reputable Thai law firm who can assist you with Marriage Registration in Thailand and even drafting a Prenuptial Agreement to secure your assets prior to your union with your Thai fiancee."

Looks like Annie's mom took Thai David for a ride. She asked for 500,000 baht PLUS two water buffalos. She agreed to accept 50,000 now, and he would pay the remaining 450,000 later. And he agreed to it! He's got no money, no home - he borrowed what he did give them from his friend. What kind of a mature human being does this?
    Last edited by Teri313; 11-10-2017 at 08:51 PM.

I don't understand what Elizabeth sees in Andrei. He's a hot head who seems like he's barely holding it together, and whose true colors will come out the minute they're married. I'm not one to label guys controlling or abusive easily, but this guy seems like the poster child for both of those qualities. And she seems smart and confident, and she can clearly see that side of him too. Plus, he's not attractive, charming, funny, or particularly bright. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Welcome to FORT, Teri313. And thanks for your 2 posts above. You made some great points, and I totally agree!
    Teri313 likes this.

Thank you Imperfect1! I've been around for a little while now, but I tend to lurk and then post in spurts as I binge to catch up on shows. I'm not always current. But I like these boards a lot, so thank you for the welcome! :-)
    beerbelly and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Teri313 View Post
    I don't understand what Elizabeth sees in Andrei. He's a hot head who seems like he's barely holding it together, and whose true colors will come out the minute they're married. I'm not one to label guys controlling or abusive easily, but this guy seems like the poster child for both of those qualities. And she seems smart and confident, and she can clearly see that side of him too. Plus, he's not attractive, charming, funny, or particularly bright. This just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Again, we must agree to disagree. He's physically VERY attractive, with a hot body and cute face, and some of us go for the ALPHA MALE. Not every woman feels sexually drawn to the feminized, emasculated, touchy-feely, sensitive, Alan Alda type which is about all you can find these days in the US, which may be why Elizabeth is looking overseas.
    Rockytop Chick likes this.

+ Reply to Thread