+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Like Tree1521Likes

Thread: 90 Day Fiance

FORT Fogey

Re: 90 Day Fiance

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I would think that older women with younger men would also give off the same type of creepy vibe. Aren't Sean and Darcey around the same age by the way? I noticed how Sean was described as an old man, while Darcey was described as middle aged. lol
    And called "a cougar" (which is supposed to be a compliment). Double standard much? Also, if Darcy is just 42, I'll eat my hat!
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    And called "a cougar" (which is supposed to be a compliment). Double standard much? Also, if Darcy is just 42, I'll eat my hat!
    I'll join you in that meal. I don't think, by any stretch of the imagination, that was the first time Darcy overindulged. Is she that desperate for a man? I'm sorry, I seldom drink, but I would be on the first flight back to the states when someone I barely know who is 20+ years younger than I am would tell me what I can & can't do.

Paul...wow...mess. Karine must be some kind of desperate to get the heck out of the Brazilian jungle to want to continue with this insanity. They can't even communicate clearly without the use of an app on a phone.

Abby is looking for whoever is going to take her out of Haiti.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I would think that older women with younger men would also give off the same type of creepy vibe. Aren't Sean and Darcey around the same age by the way? I noticed how Sean was described as an old man, while Darcey was described as middle aged. lol
    Oh, I definitely think the Darcy/Jesse relationship is creepy, too!! And I actually find it more so (sorry if that sounds sexist), but being a mother, there would seem to be more of a maternalistic instinct, so it's just weird (to me) that she would be with someone that is young enough to technically be her biological son. *shudder*

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tetrimble View Post
    Oh, I definitely think the Darcy/Jesse relationship is creepy, too!! And I actually find it more so (sorry if that sounds sexist), but being a mother, there would seem to be more of a maternalistic instinct, so it's just weird (to me) that she would be with someone that is young enough to technically be her biological son. *shudder*
    As I say, the older man/younger woman tradition is based in biology; men never cease to be fertile and thus are instinctively drawn to fertile women for the propagation of the species (read about it). The cougar thing is literally "unnatural." My sense is that she wants to rub it in the face of her ex-husband, who probably left her for a younger woman. But that's just pure speculation on my part!

Sean/Abby - I think Sean already realized it was over after the meeting. I'm wondering if the phone calls, etc were filmed just to create speculation that they actually might end up together. Abby obviously loves Chris. She's willing to be with Sean to leave Haiti, but he'll never have her heart.

Larry/Jenny - There is just something so "off" about him imo. And understand Jenny being upset about the pig roast. Larry doesn't get it, probably because he doesn't understand what a huge deal (and probably financial hardship) it was for her family to do that. They were honoring him and he made it seem like it was no big deal. That one isn't going to work. As much as she seems to want to come to America, I don't think she'll settle for him.

Patrick/Myriam - Patrick is so far in the friend zone. He's trying to overcome that, but it's just not going to change. He should enjoy some sightseeing, but I believe he should go back home early. Besides, even if she agreed to be his girlfriend/wife, I don't think she would move.

Cortney/Antony - I found it humorous how Cortney was really bashing Antony and still holding out, but as soon as his friend commented that she must mean a lot to him because they hadn't had sex, she was so flirty and open more with him. I don't think this one will work. She's too much work. I believe that Antony is only dealing with the current situation because he doesn't want to seem like a total jerk (especially on camera) by telling her to leave.

Paul/Karine - He is neurotic. She should run as far away as possible, but I have a feeling that she will take him back so that she can escape and come to America. I don't think he would intentionally harm her, but I think he will be very controlling of her and her actions if she does come to the US. I really like her and just hope she doesn't make a bad choice for herself.
    Punkin likes this.

I couldn't understand how Larry was so offended by a pig! I have eaten roast pig many times. It is delicious. It was a real sign of honor that they spent their few dollars on that. Where in the heck does he think pork comes from anyway? What an idiot. She needs to find another American to get her green card. This one is a loser.
    Stargazer161 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

I felt kind of bad for David. Not only did his fiance say he isn't attractive, he has to pay her family a bunch of money just to marry her.

Molly/Luis - what can I say, this is just another Danielle/Mo, Darcey/Jesse situation at play. I just don't understand the May-December romances...especially with the older women (again, sorry for those that think I'm being sexist). I think that she's successful financially and so she's attaching to someone who makes her feel special and pretty. I do believe he is attracted to her (thinking he likes BBW), but I just don't see what they could possibly have in common. And my heart goes out to her older daughter. Her daughter said that her mother has already picked Luis over her in the past, so it's going to make for a very difficult situation in the house.

Elizabeth/Andrei - not sure what to think of this couple yet. She alluded to the fact that Andrei is more dominant and I see her as being someone that has a rather dominant personality, too. Until we can see their interaction, I'm leaning more toward them getting married, but filing for divorce in 2-3 years.

Nicole/Azan - Ugh, someone needs to knock some sense into that girl!!!! I'm really surprised they remained together after her visit. I do think that he cares about her, but think he cares more about getting to America. Like Mohammad, I think she's "acceptable" to him so long as she doesn't bring out the crazy. She, on the other hand, still really needs to grow up. She loves him, but I think that's more because he does give her the attention she so desperately craves.

Two things, though, that I found absolutely disgusting and childish were 1) when she was telling Mae that Azan was "daddy". That is something the child should grow into and if they never want to call a step parent "dad/mom", then they shouldn't have to. At such a young age, if there is a legimate connection, I think she would do it naturally without it being forced. So now, if things don't work out, it's going to affect Mae even more (if she even understands the concept of a "daddy). And 2) when she manipulated her dad by saying that she would just move overseas and take Mae with her. That was out and out manipulation. The girl can't even make it on her own now without help from the parents. How does she expect to do it on her own in a foreign country...with no job and language barriers???? So disgusted by the whole thing!! Azan is more mature and I don't think he's going to like that side of her. She will try to manipulate him at every turn, too. They may get married, but I doubt they'd stay together for more than a year, if that, because she would be so possessive and manipulative.

Waiting to learn about the other couples before I make any comment on them.

I felt kind of bad for David. Not only did his fiance say he isn't attractive, he has to pay her family a bunch of money just to marry her.
    I forgot all about David and Annie. This is another one that I don't understand. His own friends don't even seem to like the idea because it seems that David is infatuated by the idea of just being with someone (anyone?) that he could end up opening himself up to a bad situation. On the other hand, I don't think that Annie necessarily would use him (although she is to an extent so she can come to the US). I think she likes him well enough and so long as he doesn't put her in a bad situation (i.e.-spending all of their money, etc), they have a decent shot of making it.

Larry was so disrespectful to Jenny and her obviously poor family when they provided the enormous roasted pig dinner for him. I was salivating just looking at that gorgeous roasted pig, especially remembering how delicious the crisp crackling skin is, which is considered a delicacy, being sure each person receives a portion of the skin. Each December, the Filipino community celebrates Simbang Gabi, a religious festival with the roasted pig being the most important part of the meal.

It's becoming very difficult to keep up with all these different, yet similarly named 90 Day Fiance shows. Even my recorder is having problems keeping straight whether it's a new show or one of the "enhanced" shows with a few minutes extra footage. Too many couples to keep track of, all needy and mistake prone.

+ Reply to Thread