+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106107108109110111112113114115116
Results 1,151 to 1,157 of 1157
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: 90 Day Fiance

  1. #1151
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,383

    Re: 90 Day Fiance

    Quote Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
    It always amuses me when people ask "how can they afford x, y, and z if they're not working"? How do people think they do; a money tree in the back yard? I'm not allowed to say it here, but it's not that hard to figure out unless you're very, very na´ve about how this country works.
    I guess I'm very, very naive about "how this country works" cause I don't know what you're referring to. Can you please explain?

    And what is it that you're "not allowed" to say here? Not allowed by whom, by FORT or by someone else?

  2. #1152
    FORT Fogey Rockytop Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,606

    Re: 90 Day Fiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I guess I'm very, very naive about "how this country works" cause I don't know what you're referring to. Can you please explain?

    And what is it that you're "not allowed" to say here? Not allowed by whom, by FORT or by someone else?

    According to the Mods here, quite a few pages back, we aren't supposed to voice an opinion how people on these shows might be laying around on their behinds working the disablility/welfare system at taxpayer expense. That's too close to political
    Imperfect1 likes this.

  3. #1153
    FORT Fogey Punkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,774

    Re: 90 Day Fiance

    Would you consider these 600+ people to be sick and dysfunctional, but undeserving of help? Would you feel the same towards people who are blind, mentally disturbed or disabled receiving taxpayer help? Let's face it, we are pretty judgmental towards these morbidly obese people on this thread, but I think we all realize they are mentally sick to allow themselves to get so out of control with food that their lives and the lives of their families are ruined. Some of us have people in our families or friends who need help and I for one do not mind that some of my taxes are used to help them make ends meet and get back on their feet. That's not political, it's called compassionate.

    Edited to say: For some reason I thought I was on the My 600 Pound Life thread because that is where the question of 'deserving help' usually comes up. Oops! But Same here. Danielle was working and supporting her family until she lost her job. She's not very bright or educated and may have difficulty finding work that can support herself and family. This is why we have unemployment insurance (not funded by taxpayers). And don't forget, she is paid by the channel for being on the show and likely used that money to buy a home.
    Last edited by Punkin; 05-06-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    Kao and Imperfect1 like this.
    Lynda

  4. #1154
    FORT Fogey Rockytop Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,606

    Re: 90 Day Fiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    According to the Mods here, quite a few pages back, we aren't supposed to voice an opinion how people on these shows might be laying around on their behinds working the disablility/welfare system at taxpayer expense. That's too close to political
    whoops wrong show! but same situation

  5. #1155
    FORT Fogey tetrimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: 90 Day Fiance

    Quote Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
    It always amuses me when people ask "how can they afford x, y, and z if they're not working"? How do people think they do; a money tree in the back yard? I'm not allowed to say it here, but it's not that hard to figure out unless you're very, very na´ve about how this country works.

    The new season looks like a lot of producer-driven drama rather than "real life." That's disappointing, and I'm going to try not to watch (although I'll probably fail).
    Don't forget that their special was a culmination of three years' worth of footage. A lot happens over that amount of time.

  6. #1156
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    816

    Re: 90 Day Fiance

    So on the new season of Happily ever after... it's more of russ/paola and jorge/anfisa? I don't know if I'm going to watch. I'm real sick of seeing them, especially the completely fake storyline with anfisa. I get that it's a reality show and all, but that couple is so over the top, that it's tough to watch.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

  7. #1157
    FORT Fogey Punkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,774

    Re: 90 Day Fiance

    Amen, Lonnie! It's all reruns, anyway. Been there, done that. No longer interested! Go away!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.