+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Project Runway "Threads" (Lifetime)

Project Runway "Threads" (Lifetime)

Every reality show seems to have a kid's version, and now Project Runway does too!

Project Runway: Threads - Episodes, Videos, & Schedule - myLifetime.com

Premieres tonight at 10:30PM ET, right after the PR 13 Finale.

From the producers of "Project Runway," skilled teen and tween fashion designers will showcase their gift for style in the new competition series "Project Runway: Threads" on Lifetime®, premiering Thursday, October 23, at 10:30pm ET/PT. Beginning the following week, Thursday, October 30, "Project Runway: Threads" moves to its regular time slot of 10 pm ET/PT. Hosted by Vanessa Simmons ("Run’s House"), "Project Runway: Threads" will feature judges designer and CFDA member Christian Siriano ("Project Runway" Season 4 winner), Seventeen Fashion Director Gina Kelly and Accessories Editor Jasmine Snow, and YouTube style guru Ingrid Nilsen (2.5 million YouTube subscribers). The premiere episode features special guests television personality Kelly Osbourne and actress and model Jaime King. Actress, singer and dancer Zendaya will also make a guest appearance this season. The eight-episode series was filmed in Los Angeles at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM).

"Project Runway: Threads" is a competition series showcasing America’s most talented young fashion designers. Each week, three new contestants pull out their scissors, sketchbooks and skills to see who can out-design the competition and set the new standard for the future of fashion. Challenges will be fast-paced, unpredictable and far from child’s play as these nascent fashion powerhouses compete for $10,000 to be used at any Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts Store or Joann.com, a prestigious scholarship to the summer program at FIDM including travel expenses and a top-of-the-line sewing and embroidery studio courtesy of Brother International Corporation.
    * Note - "Threads" is in quotes in the thread title so not to confuse people who might think all PR threads got moved into here.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Project Runway "Threads" (Lifetime)

Did anyone else watch?

They really need to give these kids two days to do these designs. I understand trying to challenge them but I really do want to spend every Thursday night looking at clothes that are put together so sloppy because they are so under pressure. Come on, these are kids! They could probably do some amazing stuff if given two days and no "twist".

In thought the show was a snoozefest. In fact, I fell asleep about half way through.

I really hated that they didn't give them enough time, and it wasn't enough time to make one dress much less the added pressure of a second look. I don't usually love that on the regular show, but one the kids show was just too much. What they had time for was well-made. I hated for them that they had to throw together such sloppy work. I'm sure they'd rather show their best work for the country to see than thrown together stuff.

I did agree with the winner. I thought both of his looks were the best looks. I loved that red dress but that blue floral dress wasn't good. The other girl (I have no recollection of the kids names!) I liked her stuff OK, but didn't like them better than the other two.
    jaytwo likes this.

I watched it. I'm glad it isn't a continuing contest of 8 episodes and there are 3 new kids each week competing.

I, too, wonder what's the point of bringing kids on to compete in a sewing/design competition and then throwing so much at them that they have to hot glue everything together. Give then two days....please!

I loved Cambria's red dress and Bradford's black dress. Kenzie's silver dress was just ok...it seemed to gap in the back like wings. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but I wasn't a fan, although I liked the racer part of the back.

I know they are just kids, so I won't say anything nasty about them specifically, but there were 2 kids that I liked and one that I can totally see being a mean, stuck-up snob as they get older. I won't mention any names, though....
    dzigner and Moontat like this.

I love all things Project Runway; however, this is absolutely horrid. Why on earth the parents are their assistants is beyond me....they can't sew, Dont really assist, kids intimidated by them. They need mentors but not at this age. Definitely not "runway" stuff. Big waste of time. Totally uncomforttAble to watch. Judges like the brilliant Siriano has no place here - not for finished clothes that are so obviously unfinished. Not to mention those who were bratty and arrogant. The host is terrible. Nope -- this just doesn't work -- not even close (even for Nick at Night).
    Imperfect1 and Fo'Realz? like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I love all things Project Runway; however, this is absolutely horrid. Why on earth the parents are their assistants is beyond me....they can't sew, Dont really assist, kids intimidated by them. They need mentors but not at this age. Definitely not "runway" stuff. Big waste of time. Totally uncomforttAble to watch. Judges like the brilliant Siriano has no place here - not for finished clothes that are so obviously unfinished. Not to mention those who were bratty and arrogant. The host is terrible. Nope -- this just doesn't work -- not even close (even for Nick at Night).

I watched it once - but I won't watch it again unless it's format is changed significantly.

I liked the kids, and I applaud their talent and hope that each of them will go on to have fulfilling careers,
    but the show, itself, left a very bad taste in my mouth.
    Saddling them with their parents and calling it "help" was ridiculous, and I agree that was a big part of what made the show uncomfortable for me to watch. If this show is meant to showcase their design abilities, then they should have each been given skilled sewers to allow them to elevate their designs without having to feel worried about what their unskilled parent could (or could not) accomplish.

I don't believe that the sort of competition I saw would be beneficial to most young people at such a sensitive and impressionable age, in fact, I would worry that a show like this one would probably do more harm than good for most of the young participants.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

OMG! I cringed through the whole episode. This is the first fashion show that I WON'T be watching. What a WASTE of a good idea, and great talent like Christian Siriano!

Now that the real Project Runway is over, I was going to set my DVR to start taping this. But after reading all your comments, I think I'll pass.
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I know they are just kids, so I won't say anything nasty about them specifically, but there were 2 kids that I liked and one that I can totally see being a mean, stuck-up snob as they get older. I won't mention any names, though....
    I was going to scream if I heard that girl say one more thing about how she loves luxury and her family travels every year to exotic places in Europe and she just loves Paris and blah, blah, blah.

I like the idea of the show, but like others I didn't care for the execution. They should give the kids more time to do work they are proud of. And their assistants should be of equal quality. Possibly even assistants who can collaborate on the design process or execute the more difficult sewing techniques, but have enough restraint to make sure they are taking the backseat and letting the kids lead.

I will watch a couple more episodes before I make a final decision on this one.
    Moontat and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast